WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (14 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it can´t be compared with MS weather - here the differences between Accuweather (in WW) and MS weather are also significant.
    I agree there are often differences between weather providers (I have not changed the default which is MSN) but not that much particularly the current temp and it was full cloud cover here this morning. Also it has been showing 4 deg C day and night for several days, so something is not right.o_O

Finally, here WW works as it should ;)

Did you try to add a new location because over and above the forecast I can no longer do that and consequently the plugin is not now working at all for me.:(

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tried a minimal MP1 install with World Weather on my desktop PC and same problem the location detector does not seem to be working can't find anything (London, Paris or Berlin) or I am doing something wrong?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Current State:-
    Since I started troubleshooting my no weather update problem and following uninstalling and reinstalling either the full or lite version I can no longer select any location in either plugin, as reported earlier.
    Sadly nobody here has been able to confirm or refute my findings, so I am asumming this plugin has broken and is no longer supported.:(

As an alternative I have set up a shortcut using the MultiShortcut plugin to run the default Win 11 weather app (Bing Weather) which provides up to the minute current and forecast accurate and reliable weather info. :)

The app. can be closed using the remote key "Close" which on mine is mapped to "Shutdown" which returns it to the MP home screen, see attached screenshots. Let me know if anyone wants further info.

wet_1.jpgwet_2.jpg

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The app. can be closed using the remote key "Close" which on mine is mapped to "Shutdown" which returns it to the MP home screen, see attached screenshots.
    I think that that will work only for the Ortek/Hama remote control. On the Ortek/Hama, the CLOSE button results in ALT_F4 being sent to the application. This key combination is "close application", but in MP the config file for the Ortek/Hama defines this to display the MP exit pop-up (of course you can change that if you wish).

For the standard MCE RC6 remote control (which, as it happens, I have been using for the past month or so), there is no CLOSE button. Although one can define any of the unused buttons to be "Exit MP", that works only for MP, and so won't produce the desired result for "Bing Weather".

For the MCE RC6 remote control, you might be able to get "Bing Weather" to close by editing the "ReportMappingTable" in the registry, to convert one of the unused buttons to generate ALT_F4. I think that one of the other media-center applications has a utility for doing this. Alternatively, you could edit the registry directly ( :eek: ), provided that you can work out what values need to be specified in the mapping table. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think that that will work only for the Ortek/Hama remote control. On the Ortek/Hama, the CLOSE button results in ALT_F4 being sent to the application. This key combination is "close application", but in MP the config file for the Ortek/Hama defines this to display the MP exit pop-up (of course you can change that if you wish).
    It looks like once the Bing-Weather ap has been called it is "on top" so the ALT_F4 will be actioned as "app close" and yes with MP on top the close button does invoke the MP shutdown menu. I use the same action to close the direct connections to internet mediateks I have also set up with the MultiShortcut plugin. It would be nice to make things more compatible with MP1 so may try to use the ALT_F4 code under a condition for the Back button also some of the playback controls are different when the TV media player websites are viewed directly hope I get some time to try some things out.

franat

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Almería
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    About a month ago the weather plugin stopped working. So far only the forecast offered by MSN has been active, but now it has also remained static and always offers the same values. It seems that the whole plugin is outdated.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am of the opinion that the World Weather plugins have been slowly dying for a long time and may well now be dead with no sign of any fixes in progress! An experimental weather plugin has been developed in conjunction with a new test x64 bit version of MP1 which works very well and offers a number of different forecast suppliers of which Foreca is imo the best. The developer very kindly downgraded it to run on the standard x86 release of MP1. If you would like to give it a try you will need to uninstall your existing World Weather and download and extract the contents to the appropriate locations in the MP1 install overwriting as necessary, make sure you do this from an account with admin privs. and make sure you pick the x86 version available on page 1 of this thread.
    Please note I am not the developer but may be able to help if you run into problems installing it. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom