WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (8 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: AW: Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hello diskeeper,
in this case it is "only" a skin issue. catavolt is the master for the default/defaultwide skin, I think he can fix this very quickly.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

da steht dann bei mir:

sommerzeit : 25.03.2012 02:00
    nächte sommerzeit : 28.10.2012 03:00

:confused:
    Wrong usage of labels... You have to put it like this:
    <label>#WorldWeather.TranslationDaylight: #WorldWeather.LocationDaylightStart - #WorldWeather.LocationDaylightEnd</label>

diskeeper

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Wrong usage of labels... You have to put it like this:
    <label>#WorldWeather.TranslationDaylight: #WorldWeather.LocationDaylightStart - #WorldWeather.LocationDaylightEnd</label>

ah,
    alles klar, die xml im stmp ist ja auch schon "etwas älter", deshalb.
    :D

dncv

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Maia
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi,

Portuguese translation 0.3.5 RC.

Regards.

Attachments

• strings_pt.xml
      4.3 KB

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Hi Micropolis,
    :D for all the new features in 0.35RC! I particularly like now being able to change the location from the images screen, instead of having to back out to the 1st screen.
    Some of the new image features aren't working for me though:
    Some PNG images (e.g. http://api.meteotest.ch/mtweb/v1/plz/6000/tt) appear very distorted.
    My "self-defined" images (e.g. http://meteo.search.ch/images/chart/6000.png?show=time,temp,rain&lang=en) don't appear at all (no menu entry to select them).
    The webcam pictures don't seem to load properly. Sometimes I get the webcam picture for the previously viewed location, sometimes I get nothing.
    In the case of the attached logs, I switched through the 5 locations I have defined, starting with Lucerne. Lucerne's webcam picture appeared for Vienna and Basel, even though these have their own URLs sepcified. For Geneva, no webcam picture appeared at all.
    Thanks again for the phenomenal pace of development!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

@Dadeo:
    What do you think about my idea from this post?

"An idea: collect interesting links to weather images in this file and upload it to our wiki, so other users have a quick access to your suggestions. @Dadeo: What do you think?"
    No problem in Wiki. IIRC Wiki can even display the XML contents on the Wiki page, though we haven't tried to do that yet. You won't get 'previews' of the images, but I don't think that is a big deal as you can just click the links to view the images.

I am always in favor of whatever makes it easier for everyone to contribute and access current information. So if more users will contribute (attach) their WorldWeatherWebsites.xml and update them as they change them, let's go for it!

Maybe one day we can amalgamate them all from all users in one online xml so in WW setup you just press a button and select from the available image urls for your location. For next Christmas? ;)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi rsbrux,

Some PNG images ... appear very distorted.

The plugin only loads the images from the given URL, there are no image effect routines implemented. That's the job of our skin engine. Maybe with a next release some routines to clip/resize images will be introduced.

My "self-defined" images ... don't appear at all (no menu entry to select them).

This was a bug, the status flag wasn't set correctly.

The webcam pictures don't seem to load properly. Sometimes I get the webcam picture for the previously viewed location, sometimes I get nothing.

I had analyzed this and yes, this problem can occur under some circumstances. The plugin use a internal caching mechanism. If I use the same image identifier for each location, the MediaPortal skin engine "means", it is the same image again. Because of this, each image for each location has a additional GUID now, this solves the problem.

Update: As a result of my last performance test, I've identified two possible race condition issues. To prevent this, I made small changes to the existing button handling routines. In addition to this, the weather feed routines are hardend now to eliminate exception failures (for a example see error.log from rsbrux).

A new release candidate was attached to first post, please test again.

Cheers and thanks for your findings, Micropolis

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This plugin works fine for me, except that after upgrading from 0.2 to 0.3 the local time of sunrise and sunset are not displayed anymore. With 0.2 it worked fine. And the google icon on the screen bottom is not in line with the credit text. But I am not sure if this has been like this before already. I didn´t change anything setting despite upgrading to 0300. I added a screenshot. Any ideas anyone?

Attachments

• 2011-12-29_00-21.jpg
      2011-12-29_00-21.jpg
      119.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom