WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (7 Viewers)

uxDesign

Portal Pro
December 10, 2011
near Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Micropolis,

here's WorldWeather.xml and WorldWeatherGeoClock.xml for DefaulWide. In the first file the position of the Provider Logo is fixed for 1910x... and in the second the scaling (x:y) of the images matches the original. I moved the image to the bottom to reduce the overlay of the buttons on the left and put the time zone in black over the white Antarctica.

Regards,
uxDesign

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
    30.8 KB
  • WorldWeatherGeoClock.xml
    1.4 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi uxDesign, the guilty for the wrong placement of the provider logo is the <keepaspectratio> tag (bug in skin engine itself, I´m in contact with dev already).
    I deleted that tag, and also re-aligned the position of the logo and it´s size (your size is far too big in normal 1280 resolution).
    It now should scale correct even if you up/downsize the skin.
    So here the official Default Wide skin files ;)

Attachments

• WorldWeather for DefaultWide.zip
      2.7 MB

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Catavolt,

no Problem, I thought that it could be to large with 1280 after posting :) 70px is also on 1920 ok.

Thanks,
    uxDesign

Hedehede81

Portal Member
    February 20, 2011

I'm using Black Glass Nova HD and I don't have any images showing up. Only text based temperature and condition strings. (Neither forecast icons nor satellite images) Any recommendations for me? The skin itself says it's compatible with World Weather.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I'm using Black Glass Nova HD and I don't have any images showing up. Only text based temperature and condition strings. (Neither forecast icons nor satellite images)
    Hi,
    what I would do:
    1. Make sure that you have the newest version of the skin (it would be helpful to add the system specs to your profile)
    2. clear the cache
    3. if this does not help, provide logs!
    Good luck
    Alfred

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Noticed a bug today when in MyTV, the TVGuide button label displayed 'Show Weather Images'. Im guessing after some background process finished you set the control label in code. Problem is you didnt check what the ActiveWindow was.

Also another thing that would be useful is for the image controls (filmstrip/coverflow), that you set the #selectedthumb property...this way you can show a larger image of the selected thumb (maybe you already have a property which I missed). I think this is automatically handled by the facade object but you seem to use the seperate controls instead (no big deal). Also, when opening the views menu it would be good if you check if the skin defines the coverflow/filmstrip control, if these are null then you should not add the menu entry so as not to confusing users if skin chooses not to implement the view.

Other than that 0.4.0 seems to be working good on my system.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Noticed the a.m. bug also - suddenly a button in an opened screen showed the 'Show Weather Images' label, sometimes even in BasicHome in the upper left.
    Also noticed the following: When showing the filmstrip view or the coverflow view for the first time, all is displayed correctly. When then switching from coverflow view to filmstrip view, the zoomed item is not shown, just the overlaying frame.
    When switching from filmstrip view to coverflow view the second time, the left part of the coverflow is displayed below it´s normal position, leaving the frames empty on it´s correct position (see screenshots)
    Any idea?

Attachments

• 10-02-00.jpg
      10-02-00.jpg
      143.8 KB
    • 10-02-16.jpg
      10-02-16.jpg
      153.4 KB
    • 10-02-25.jpg
      10-02-25.jpg
      144 KB
    • 10-02-36.jpg
      10-02-36.jpg
      151.6 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Yeah, I also see that image bug catavolt, forgot to mention it.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

@ltfearme:
    Noticed a bug today when in MyTV, the TVGuide button label displayed 'Show Weather Images'. Im guessing after some background process finished you set the control label in code. Problem is you didnt check what the ActiveWindow was.

This was fixed 2 days before.

Also another thing that would be useful is for the image controls (filmstrip/coverflow), that you set the #selectedthumb property...this way you can show a larger image of the selected thumb (maybe you already have a property which I missed). I think this is automatically handled by the facade object but you seem to use the seperate controls instead (no big deal).

I can do this today in the evening.

Also, when opening the views menu it would be good if you check if the skin defines the coverflow/filmstrip control, if these are null then you should not add the menu entry so as not to confusing users if skin chooses not to implement the view.

Hm, currently I don't know, in which way I can determine, if the skin has implement coverflow and filmstrip controls. Is it required to parse the skin files? Or can I use some API routines? Please send me a private message, if you have a c# snippet for this.

@catavolt:
    ...Also noticed the following: When showing the filmstrip view or the coverflow view for the first time, all is displayed correctly. When then switching from coverflow view to filmstrip view, the zoomed item is not shown, just the overlaying frame. When switching from filmstrip view to coverflow view the second time, the left part of the coverflow is displayed below it´s normal position, leaving the frames empty on it´s correct position...

The plugin doesn't manipulate position information or other control settings. I don't know, if a complete reset of the appropriate control can help here. I must check this with other skins. My personal skin displays the images correctly.

Cheers, Micropolis

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Hm, currently I don't know, in which way I can determine, if the skin has implement coverflow and filmstrip controls. Is it required to parse the skin files? Or can I use some API routines? Please send me a private message, if you have a c# snippet for this.
    All you need to do is check if the control is null, if its not then the control exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom