WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (12 Viewers)

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi Micropolis,
it seems that something is wrong with Calendar self defined Description calls (#WorldWeather.CalendarSelfDefined0Description, #WorldWeather.CalendarSelfDefined1Description and #WorldWeather.CalendarSelfDefined2Description doesn't works for me; I'm trying to use them with last stable 0.4.0 release).
Please can you verify?

Thanks

P.S.: I thing that for Image view a good thing to implement is that the plugin "remember" the last choosed view (filmstrip, coverflow or thumbs for newest release). I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but until 0.4.0 release, after restarting Mediaportal, when you enter in image view, it always starts with flat view also if you have selected, for example, the coverflow view last time you have used MP (I don't have yet tested new nightly 0.4.1 release, so if you already have solved this little things don't consider this note)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.4.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Here are the skin files for the wide version of Default and PureVisionHD family.
    Changes:
    Removed the button for Calendar, Calendar is now shown if set in Config and cycling through the different views.
    Added the thumbnail facade.
    Added the Zodiac properties, shown in the Astronomy screen when activated in Config.
    The 4x3 skins will follow tomorrow ;)

Attachments

• 07.jpg
      07.jpg
      124.1 KB
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      199.7 KB
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      162.8 KB
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      161.7 KB
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      213.8 KB
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      194.8 KB
    • 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      183 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for PureVisionHD.zip
      3.6 MB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for PureVisionHDBlue.zip
      3.6 MB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for PureVisionHDHorizon.zip
      3.6 MB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for PureVisionHDMetro.zip
      3.6 MB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

As promised, here the skin files for WorldWeather 0.4.1 Nightly for the 4x3 skins Default and PureVision.
    Enjoy!
    ysmp and all concerned: Forgot the temperature separator "|" in the DefaultWide BasicHome screen, but is in BasicHome of Default skin (see screenshot). so I added this for Default Wide BasicHome as well and attached the zip file again ;)

Attachments

• 13-07-54.jpg
      13-07-54.jpg
      55.5 KB
    • 13-04-32.jpg
      13-04-32.jpg
      78.9 KB
    • 12-55-31.jpg
      12-55-31.jpg
      101 KB
    • 12-49-19.jpg
      12-49-19.jpg
      63.2 KB
    • 12-47-06.jpg
      12-47-06.jpg
      77.9 KB
    • 12-42-21.jpg
      12-42-21.jpg
      79.3 KB
    • 12-30-39.jpg
      12-30-39.jpg
      71.4 KB
    • 12-30-18.jpg
      12-30-18.jpg
      95 KB
    • 12-25-23.jpg
      12-25-23.jpg
      76.5 KB
    • 12-24-35.jpg
      12-24-35.jpg
      66.9 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for Default.zip
      3.2 MB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for PureVision.zip
      3.2 MB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for DefaultWide.zip
      3.2 MB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nightly Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.4.2 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread you can find the latest nightly build of WorldWeather, please use it on your own risk.

Plugin related changes:
    • finalize World Weather Online provider support (now a 5 day forecast is supported)
    • functionality for manual condition/icon mapping for World Weather Online
    • new properties (TodayPrecipitation, TodayCloudCoverage, ForecastDayCount, ForecastDayWind)

With this version, my personal backlog item and feature list is empty.
    Because of this, I would invite you to offer suggestions for the upcoming version. Then we can decide later about the "Feature Go" or "Feature No-Go".

@Marduk65:
    ... it seems that something is wrong with Calendar self defined Description calls (#WorldWeather.CalendarSelfDefined0Description, #WorldWeather.CalendarSelfDefined1Description and #WorldWeather.CalendarSelfDefined2Description doesn't works for me ...

I don't have problems like this, I made a double check with latest build and everything is working as expected.

...I thing that for Image view a good thing to implement is that the plugin "remember" the last choosed view (filmstrip, coverflow or thumbs for newest release). I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but until 0.4.0 release, after restarting Mediaportal, when you enter in image view, it always starts with flat view also if you have selected, for example, the coverflow view last time...

Sorry to say, but everything isn't working properly on your system. The latest view will be saved each time in mediaportal.xml (entry ImageView), if you close the MediaPortal application. Do you kill the Mediaportal task before you shutdown your machine?

@marcopt:
    ... after updating from version 0.3.5 to 0.4.0 has disappeared from the menu logo in the plugins section, it is normal?

No, each installation of mine shows the correct menu logo in the configuration utility.

@Dadeo:
    ... Current weather displays for about 1 sec (or less) - and only when I change the location or refresh, not when I open World Weather. It happens in all skins I have tried including Default skins. Data displays correctly and almost instantly as long as I select Yahoo for both Current and Forecast. The only problem I have is if I mix providers and Google does not support that location.

Ok, thanks for clarifying this. This is the normal behaviour, because an error occured in the whole workflow. It's hard to change this, so at the moment please accept this.

@Cruzer:
    I'm having an issue with v0.4 in that none of my images show. I only get a blank box. It does this in both StreamedMP and the default skins. Version 0.3 worked perfectly. Any ideas?

I had checked your profile and everythink is working well in each view type. Do you get any notification messages or do you any log entries with the message "Error loading weather image from ..."?

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Can´t access configuration: Unbehandelter Fehler...
    Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
    anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Wert 50 ist für Value ungültig. Value sollte zwischen 'Minimum' und 'Maximum' liegen.
    Parametername: Value
    bei System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
    bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeatherSetup.LoadProfile(Int32 index)
    bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeatherSetup.combobox_ProfileNumber_IndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeatherSetup.InitProfiles()
    bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeatherSetup..ctor()
    bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather.ShowPlugin()
    bei MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.itemConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    Any ideas?
    EDIT: ... and my WorldWeather.xml with all settings got destroyed...

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.4.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi catavolt,
    the only numeric controls exist in the feed, the calendar and the map configuration.
    Do you have changed anything manually? Otherwise I would include some check routines to prevent this errors.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Alex, found the issue: <entry name="MapZoom">50</entry> was set, so I set it manually in the xml to <entry name="MapZoom">10</entry> and all works again.
    I confess that I set this value manually in the xml before to get the zoom factor directly to 50, because in Config you can only set it to 15 ;)
    Sorry to bother you :oops:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.4.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi catavolt,
    Hi Alex, found the issue: <entry name="MapZoom">50</entry> was set, so I set it manually in the xml to <entry name="MapZoom">10</entry> and all works again.
    I confess that I set this value manually in the xml before to get the zoom factor directly to 50, because in Config you can only set it to 15 ;)
    Sorry to bother you :oops:

thanks for finding, the next version contains fixed zoom range and a double check to prevent exceptions.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yeah, sometimes I found it easier to add things in the WW.xml directly, e.g. open the World Weather Online site and search for the correct naming of the cities. To all unexperienced users: Don´t do that at home!!! :D
    BTW: Registered to World Weather Online and all works great! :D Alex.
    Now I will change the properties from 0 - 4 so all five day forecast is shown when WWO is selected ;)
    Pls standby for new files ;)

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: Nightly Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.4.2 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I would invite you to offer suggestions for the upcoming version.

A little feature request, if it's possible: a setting to enable and determine a "default Weather Profile".

Now, when I exit from your plugin to return to MP home menu, the meteo values displayed from the weather home menu entry (or from the little top right panel) are calculated from the last selection made ​​in the plugin.

More than a few times my wife was alarmed by reading absurd temperatures only because someone had previously looked at the weather for some other city... :D

Regards, xavier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom