WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am happy I can now get weather via Yahoo for my location. However, if I select it for Current weather, but select Google for forecast weather, the current weather data displays for an instant, then disappears. Since my location is not available on Google, I am guessing WW does not display the current weather if forecast data is empty?

Does WorldWeatherIconMapping.xml only apply to Google data? Or do I need to add something in the xml for Yahoo? (Chapter 5 only mentions Google)

EDIT: Ofc I prefer to use Google for forecasts to get 5 days, and I can always switch provider via context menu - no problem but I was just checking if that is expected behaviour.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hello!
    Anyone else seeing this sometimes? Screenshot attached...

PS: I'm using Yahoo as weather provider + Google for forecast. Latest RC..

Hi Micropolis,

I'm having this issue also..

I am using Google as provider.. It's not happening always but sometimes.. The problems started after updating to version 4.0 (don't know if that's the reason)

I can't choose Yahoo.. I'm using city code 9732 but there is no information in Mediaportal at all when I open the plugin.

When I open the Yahoo weather website and enter the same city code, I get right information for my place, so I don't understand why it doesn't work with the plugin..

About the empty background and missing weather summary: the images are going from 0-47. Could it be that there are conditions like 48 or higher, and that there are no images availible to show or something?

Hope you can help!

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Micropolis & catavolt ,

Micropolis , with v0.4.0 mpe1 the BasicHome.xml for Default (4x3) not work well , the music logo show as radio and controal not move after TV , it's stock and cannot get to weather button... the last files that catavolt post her :https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-v1-2-0-higher-102775/index72.html#post837627 are o.k (only for Default (4x3) for DW all file's o.k ) :)

catavolt just a small suggestions for the 2 skins ... in basic home the "-" bitwin the Temp' not look so good ,if have tem' like this "-9 - -5" look little weird ... i change the "-" with "|" and look much better (see screen Before and After) the xml attached is for DW (16x9).

thanks .

Attachments

• Before.jpg
      Before.jpg
      115 KB
    • After.jpg
      After.jpg
      112.2 KB
    • BasicHomeExtraInfos.xml
      45.2 KB

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm having an issue with v0.4 in that none of my images show. I only get a blank box. It does this in both StreamedMP and the default skins. Version 0.3 worked perfectly. Any ideas?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nightly Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.4.1 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread you can find the latest nightly build of WorldWeather, please use it on your own risk.

Plugin related changes:
    • add thumbnail view for weather images
    • changes to facade focus settings
    • add new zodiac routines
    • add properties (ImageZodiac, ImageZodiacEnabled, TodayZodiac, TodayZodiacImage, TodayZodiacDateRange)
    • provider key management added
    • add "WorldWeather Online" stub routines

Skin related changes:
    • image facade changes to support thumbnail view
    • rename view “StarrySky” to “Astronomy”
    • zodiac image rotates each decade 30° ccw, so be careful if you select another graphical file

Some words about my decision for "World Weather Online": In the last few days I had enough time in my hotel room to compare weather providers. I had read the legal stuff , thinking about benefit and requirements for you as a customer. To have access to "World Weather Online" weather data, you must transmit only your email address, other providers want to have more information (e.g. Weather Underground requires phone number, project name and a lot of others). In my opinion this is too much and end-users can not remain in anonymity. Please accept this decision for me as a developer and all others who wish to use this plugin later.

@Dadeo:
    I am happy I can now get weather via Yahoo for my location. However, if I select it for Current weather, but select Google for forecast weather, the current weather data displays for an instant, then disappears. Since my location is not available on Google, I am guessing WW does not display the current weather if forecast data is empty?

I don't know if it is network related or a skin specific problem. How long do you see the current weather conditions?

Does WorldWeatherIconMapping.xml only apply to Google data? Or do I need to add something in the xml for Yahoo? (Chapter 5 only mentions Google)

The icon mapping file supports Yahoo also, please take a look into the latest published version.

@powermarcel10:
    I am using Google as provider.. It's not happening always but sometimes.. The problems started after updating to version 4.0 (don't know if that's the reason)

If you say sometimes, it's a signal for me, that the root cause are network and/or provider problems. Please use the inbuilt Windows performance monitor to get more information about web related peaks.

I can't choose Yahoo.. I'm using city code 9732 but there is no information in Mediaportal at all when I open the plugin. When I open the Yahoo weather website and enter the same city code, I get right information for my place, so I don't understand why it doesn't work with the plugin.

Nobody has said, that the online page of Yahoo is using the same API in background. Your entered city code isn't a valid international city code nor a valid Where On Earth ID. For troubleshooting, please read chapter 11.2 carefully.

About the empty background and missing weather summary: the images are going from 0-47. Could it be that there are conditions like 48 or higher, and that there are no images availible to show or something?

If I hadn't analyzed this before, I would make a bad job here. Yahoo use a "inofficial" standard scheme, for more information, you can read more here.

@Cruzer:
    I'm having an issue with v0.4 in that none of my images show. I only get a blank box. It does this in both StreamedMP and the default skins. Version 0.3 worked perfectly.

Could you please post your weather profile here? This would be helpful to analyze the problem in a better way.

Cheers, Micropolis

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Nightly Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.4.1 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

@Dadeo:

I don't know if it is network related or a skin specific problem. How long do you see the current weather conditions?
    Current weather displays for about 1 sec (or less) - and only when I change the location or refresh, not when I open World Weather. It happens in all skins I have tried including Default skins. Data displays correctly and almost instantly as long as I select Yahoo for both Current and Forecast. The only problem I have is if I mix providers and Google does not support that location.

EDIT: If I select Yahoo as the forecast provider, and Google as current weather provider, then the forecast data displays correctly. So the issue seems to apply only to current weather when the forecast provider does not support the location.
    To reproduce, all you have to do is enter an invalid name/location for Google (- for example change 'Munich' to 'Munik'), but a correct city code for Yahoo, then change current provider to Yahoo and Forecast provider to Google
    The icon mapping file supports Yahoo also, please take a look into the latest published version.
    Yep perfect. thanks!

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here's my settings. Let me know if there is anything else I can provide or try. TIA.

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      3.4 KB

marcopt

Portal Member
    May 23, 2006
    Pistoia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello, congratulations for the plugin, I have a question .... after updating from version 0.3.5 to 0.4.0 has disappeared from the menu logo in the plugins section, it is normal?

Regards, Marco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom