WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: Nightly Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.4.2 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I don't have problems like this, I made a double check with latest build and everything is working as expected.

Hi Micropolis,
when I asked you to check I mean to verify if the property string I've used (<label>#WorldWeather.CalendarSelfDefined0Description</label>) is totally correct or not (for totally I mean all characters are the proper ones). Looking at the results I have (see screenshot below) it seems like there is a wrong character somewhere, because self defined date and self defined weekdays properties works perfect (only self defined descriptions doesn't). I cannot verify this by myself because nor example skin files you have attached to the plugin nor skin files from other skinners use that properties. Please can you post your working property string?

Sorry to say, but everything isn't working properly on your system. The latest view will be saved each time in mediaportal.xml (entry ImageView), if you close the MediaPortal application. Do you kill the Mediaportal task before you shutdown your machine?

...about this you are right because it is a problem of my testing machine that, I don't know why, don't change in an automatic way the ImageView default setting in mediaportal.xml, while on my main mediacenter system it works properly. :sorry: for the unuseful note in my previous post.

Thank you very much for your kind support

Attachments

• CalendarScreen.jpg
    CalendarScreen.jpg
    140.3 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.4.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi weather freaks,
    here are the new skin xmls for the Default and PVHD families ;)
    Changes: The forecast now shows 5 days (day 0 - day4), and on BasicHome the forecast for the coming days (day 1 - day 4) are shown.
    Added the zip for the World Weather Media as extra file to keep the file size of the xml zips smaller (now including the World Weather Online Logo which I forgot the last time).
    One hint: It´s best to use Yahoo as provider for actual weather and World Weather Online as 5-day-forecast provider. Both of those have a lot more cities (especially small ones) than Google.

Attachments

• 11-08-43.jpg
      11-08-43.jpg
      71.4 KB
    • 10-59-01.jpg
      10-59-01.jpg
      55.9 KB
    • 10-56-23.jpg
      10-56-23.jpg
      109.5 KB
    • 10-56-14.jpg
      10-56-14.jpg
      130.4 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for PureVisionHDMetro.zip
      7.5 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for PureVisionHDHorizon.zip
      7.5 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for PureVisionHDBlue.zip
      7.5 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for PureVisionHD.zip
      7.5 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for PureVision.zip
      7.6 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for DefaultWide.zip
      13 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.4.1 for Default.zip
      13.1 KB
    • World Weather Media for 0.4.1.zip
      3.3 MB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    Are this files for 0.4.1 or 0.4.2?

Smirk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

When I use WorldWeatherOnline as weather provider (current and/or forecast) language settings for weather conditions are ignored.

As I can see the same behaviour on catavolts screenshots I think its a general problem.

Best reagrds,
    Smirk

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nightly Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.4.3 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread you can find the latest nightly build of WorldWeather, please use it on your own risk.

Plugin related changes:
    • hardening of configuration dialog
    • bug fixing for World Weather Online condition descriptions
    • add configuration option to define a default location (thx too xavier for this enhancement request)

@Smirk:
    ... When I use WorldWeatherOnline as weather provider (current and/or forecast) language settings for weather conditions are ignored...

I've fixed this, thank you for this hint. Please be aware, that the whole german descriptions can only be displayed, if the translation file is finished.

@Marduk65:
    ... when I asked you to check I mean to verify if the property string I've used (<label>#WorldWeather.CalendarSelfDefined0Description</label>) is totally correct or not ...

Ok, it was my fault. The documentation gives you a wrong property name, the right one is "#WorldWeather.CalendarSelfDefined<digit>DayDescription". Sorry for any circumstances.

Cheers, Micropolis

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi Micropolis,

I have strange problem with 0.4.0 version. As you can see from attached screenshots, in MP is sunrise and sunset different to what is shown on web page. I don't know why. Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

• weather.jpg
      weather.jpg
      102.9 KB
    • weather_yahoo.png
      weather_yahoo.png
      39.4 KB
    • WorldWeather.xml
      3.4 KB

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: Nightly Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.4.3 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

the right one is "#WorldWeather.CalendarSelfDefined<digit>DayDescription"

Many Thanks Micropolis, it works perfect now.

For thumbnail view, I wonder if you could add the possibility to have a #selectedthumb property that we can use to put in the skin a Big image to display the selected thumb one, like, for example, the screenshot below of StreamedMP mypics view

:D again

Attachments

• PicsScreen.jpg
      PicsScreen.jpg
      112.4 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Nightly Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.4.3 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Marduk65,
    ... For thumbnail view, I wonder if you could add the possibility to have a #selectedthumb property that we can use to put in the skin a Big image to display the selected thumb one, like, for example, the screenshot below of StreamedMP mypics view ...

From my point of view, you can use the properties ImageSelectedThumb and ImageSelectedLabel for this. Any problems?

Cheers, Micropolis

Hello Georgius,
    ... I have strange problem with 0.4.0 version. As you can see from attached screenshots, in MP is sunrise and sunset different to what is shown on web page. I don't know why. Any advice appreciated.

sunrise and sunset times are calculated, the information from Yahoo are not in use.
    If I take a look into your profile, longitude and latitude values are transposed, please change it to Latitude: 48.15, Longitude: 17.1166667. You can use the travel calculator from this web page to get values for other cities.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom