WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (5 Viewers)

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.4.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Micropolis ,
Very nice pluggin. It worked perfectly when I first installed it. Now i get "missing or invalid file " message on a black screen. It worked perfectly when I first installed it but I have made a number of changes like uninstalling reinstalling MP, used Avalon pluggin then then removed it. I am not sure when the problem started. A number of pluggins have similar problem. As per another post I got InfoService to work again by deleting xml file and reinstalling it.
Have any suggestions for me for your pluggin and the general problem?
Thanks
Steve
Hi,
I would make a complete new install after a complete uninstall.

The very first plugin I would install is Backup Settings; so you will be able to make backups before you start any new tests, and you will be able to restore your system to any of the last states.

Then, first check all the plugins you like to install with one of the default skins (maybe your skin is not updated to the latest version of the plugin).

This should help you to avoid such a confusion in future.

Cheers
Alfred

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.4.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hello D3ltoroxp,
Hm when i wake up my system from s4, in home screen comes an pop up with the message that world weather has no internet connection... But my system is directly connected to itnernet and works great...

I had the same problem some years before. My router was configured to release the DSL connection after a specific amount of time. Now, if the machine comes up from S4 state, the router/machine needs some time to get a new valid IP address through DNS from your provider. I had switch off these router settings and it's working fine.
Anyway, a possible solution to prevent this behaviour is to wait with weather refresh for example 30 seconds. The last version from the first post will do this, please test it and give feedback, thank you.

@RicoHTPC:
I had some crashes at resuming after the update to 0.4 so this could be the reason for that....
Is it possible to specify, what you mean with crashes? Maybe with a mediaportal.log?

@Holzi: currently I have no future plans, the feature and error backlog is empty, next steps are only changes to stabilize the next release. Any suggestions from your side?

Cheers, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.4.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

No, everything is working perfect at the moment. =)
    Maybe more/better weather providers? If there are some.. else I don't have an idea. =)

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.4.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Micropolis,

a little bug in your superb plugin: the code that reads the RSS feed don't filter the feed control codes.

RSS_Text.jpg

Just to give you something to do. ;)

Regards,
    xavier.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Suggestion for a fresh install:

Have default values pre-filled to make a fresh install easier. MediaPortal plugin users aren't used to read a manual before installing a plugin. I know it was really hard for me to figure out the need to have a * in front of my city code, although just going to Yahoo weather and searching for my city showed me the city code in the web address.

If a fresh installation has the needed values for an example city or several cities, these things are quite easy to figure out.

Thanks
    Emph

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Emph,
    If a fresh installation has the needed values for an example city or several cities, these things are quite easy to figure out.

did you mean to publish a sample profile at installation time?

@xavier: The problem is solved, the new version makes a cleanup of html tags.

Cheers, Micropolis

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.4.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

What's wrong / why does the MediaPortal Extension installer doesn't know / find WorldWeather?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom