WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi weather freaks,
    here are the reworked xmls for all Default and PVHD skins (including 4x3) :D
    Changes:
    • Replaced old properties with new ones
    • Button order now equals image order as defined in Config, e.g. first image button shows first image (image 0), second image button shows second image (image 1) and so on. This way you can define your preferred image order.
    • Button labels now show the description entered in Config for the respective image. This way you can name the satellite images to your personal preference. (see screenshot for an example of how I named my satellite images)
    • Re-added location button in image view to enable changing the location w/o going back to main page
    10-13-48.jpg

Pls try it out and have fun!
    Again big THX to Micropolis for his incredible work! WorldWeather rocks :D :D :D

Attachments

• WorldWeather 0.5.0 for Default.zip
      20.4 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.5.0 for DefaultWide.zip
      21.8 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.5.0 for LCARS.zip
      12.4 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.5.0 for PureVision.zip
      11.3 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.5.0 for PureVisionHD.zip
      12.6 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.5.0 for PureVisionHDBlue.zip
      12.6 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.5.0 for PureVisionHDHorizon.zip
      12.6 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.5.0 for PureVisionHDMetro.zip
      12.6 KB

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys - nice work, although there seems to be no development going on for the Mustayaluca skin. Frustrating to say the least as changing to Default Wide skin I can see that there is some great developments happening. Maybe this is my calling to move to PureVisionHD ?

Have requested in the Mustayaluca skin forum to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

Any other suggestions?
    Do it yourself and post your results here and/or in Mustayacula forum.

It's not that complicated as it's looks. Just copy all recent WorldWeather DefaultWide Skin files to your Mustayacula Skin folder and start fiddling around with those posX and posY tags to put text and gfx to the wanted positions. Old Mustayacula WW skin files could be a good suggestion to see which positions are the best for this skin.

Maybe this is not the best possible result but it's working... Only Tool needed is Notepad (or a better solution like Notepad++) and maybe the small plugin MyRefresh which makes skin development a lot easier.
    The whole process is "try and error" but did not do any harm to your MP installation. As soon as you copy the original skin files back, all is like before...

If you have a look at the wiki there are lots of useful informations for skin modification...

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    A couple of minor peeves, which aren't really new:
    1. WW complains about invalid latitude / longitude, since I enabled "hourly and graphical forecast". I double-checked them all and even reduce them to 3 digits after the decimal point, but still no joy.
    2. It is easy to forget to "Apply" changes to a location before moving on to the next one (or saving). It would be nice to have this automatic, or at least get a warning about unsaved changes.
    I attach my config file and my websites file, which contains some additional sites others my find useful.

Nonetheless, WW has become more than I ever expected!

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      61.5 KB
    • WorldWeatherWebsites.xml
      9.4 KB

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A couple of minor peeves, which aren't really new:
    1. WW complains about invalid latitude / longitude, since I enabled "hourly and graphical forecast". I double-checked them all and even reduce them to 3 digits after the decimal point, but still no joy.
    2. It is easy to forget to "Apply" changes to a location before moving on to the next one (or saving). It would be nice to have this automatic, or at least get a warning about unsaved changes.
    I attach my config file and my websites file, which contains some additional sites others my find useful.

Nonetheless, WW has become more than I ever expected!

I too am getting the invalid latitude / longitude since upgrading. Am in the southern hemisphere so not sure if this might be the cause.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear rsbrux, blair_haynes,
    I'd tried to reproduce the longitude/latitude issues with different regional settings for Windows and MediaPortal and also in a longer debugging session. Sorry to say, but I could not detect a malfunction here, the WorldWeather profile works and I don't see any issues. I'm a little bit clueless now.

@rsbrux: Is it correct, that you are using a HTPC with english regional settings and a decimal symbol "."? Please take a look into your control panel settings, because all your values for longitude/latitude contains this decimal symbol.

Cheers, Micropolis

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis,

I`m getting an error message too. In German its "Falsche oder fehlende postalische Kennung", maybe the Problem with longitude and latitude is based on the same?
    This message always occurs when i choose "refresh" in the WW plugin window inside of MP. The weather is shown fine so i dont really know what effect that error has.
    It seems that it doesnt belong to the weather provider because its the same with google and yahoo. The Problem ocurred the first time after upgrading to 0.5.0.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello legnod,
    hourly and graphical forecast requires correct longitude and latitude values, otherwise an error message occurs.
    Your error message ("Falsche oder fehlende postalische Kennung") isn't translated correctly (or has changed after the availability), the correct message must be "Fehlende oder falsche Angabe von Längen-/Breitengrad.". Means, it's the same problem.
    The only explanation for me is the following situation: you have select the option "Enable hourly and graphical forecast" but forgot to fill longitude/latitude values. Correct?

Cheers, Micropolis

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello legnod,
    hourly and graphical forecast requires correct longitude and latitude values, otherwise an error message occurs.
    Your error message ("Falsche oder fehlende postalische Kennung") isn't translated correctly (or has changed after the availability), the correct message must be "Fehlende oder falsche Angabe von Längen-/Breitengrad.". Means, it's the same problem.
    The only explanation for me is the following situation: you have select the option "Enable hourly and graphical forecast" but forgot to fill longitude/latitude values. Correct?

You are right! I didn`t expect that this error was because of the longitude and latitude. I entered my parameters and tried it again, but i still gets this error message.
    I could not find something insider the log files.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom