WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello legnod,
I expect, that you have a german Windows and also the appropriate regional and language settings. Do you have entered the lngitude/latitude value with the correct german decimal symbol ","? Can you reproduce the same problem with the attached profile ?

Cheers, Micropolis

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello legnod,
    I expect, that you have a german Windows and also the appropriate regional and language settings. Do you have entered the lngitude/latitude value with the correct german decimal symbol ","? Can you reproduce the same problem with the attached profile ?

And you are right again! I Just copied the parameter from itouchmap.com which includes ".". Thank you for your help!

Cheers, legnod!

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Micropolis,
    here are the fully translated string file for Italian language for last 0.5.0 release.

Thank you very much again for your big effort in developing this wonderful plugin.

Ciao

Attachments

• strings_it.xml
      11.2 KB

bearhntr

Portal Member
    December 12, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I love this app - very customizable....but, there is one problem I have found. The SUNRISE and SUNSET times are WAAAAAY OFF. They are showing times like 02:53AM and 12:37PM.

Why is this? Where is it getting this information from?

I have put in the decimal locations for my City and State as well as the CITY code from YAHOO. Is it better to use another CITYCODE? My Zipcode has also been entered.

Please advise.

Curtis

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I love this app - very customizable....but, there is one problem I have found. The SUNRISE and SUNSET times are WAAAAAY OFF. They are showing times like 02:53AM and 12:37PM.

I have put in the decimal locations for my City and State as well as the CITY code from YAHOO. Is it better to use another CITYCODE? My Zipcode has also been entered.

Please advise.

Curtis

The sunrise and sunset are determined by the longitude and latitude. I'd say that threse are wrong for your location.

B.

bearhntr

Portal Member
    December 12, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country

Please advise.

Curtis

The sunrise and sunset are determined by the longitude and latitude. I'd say that threse are wrong for your location.

B.

Blair,

Thanks for the reason behind the SUNRISE and SUNSET.....but 4 differnt sources have given my LOG & LAT at the following (LOG 33.8633) & (LAT -84.0917)

YES...that is correct NEGATIVE in the LAT - that is the exact number that I put in to the field. Is this not right?

Curtis

bearhntr

Portal Member
    December 12, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country
    I also tried using (84.0917) - Thinking that maybe negative was represented by the ( ) This does not work at all - I get no info in the SUNRISE and SUNSET fields.

I have also noticed that with WORLD WEATHER on the HOME PAGES (with VIDEOS, MUSIC etc) - there is no image / icon for it when you choose it, whereas all the other have icons (VIDEOS has the Scene Clicker, etc). Anyone know why this is? Can it be fixed?

Curtis

bearhntr

Portal Member
    December 12, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country
    How does one change the ICONS? I downloaded the three sets from posting 1 - and followed the instructions in the PDF file, but they do not change and the CONFIG option in the CONFIGURATOR does not give multiple choices for the icon sets.

Confused.

Curtis

bearhntr

Portal Member
    December 12, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country
    How does one change the ICONS? I downloaded the three sets from posting 1 - and followed the instructions in the PDF file, but they do not change and the CONFIG option in the CONFIGURATOR does not give multiple choices for the icon sets.

Confused.

Curtis

OK.....figured this one out. I was not putting the ICONS into the right folder.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also tried using (84.0917) - Thinking that maybe negative was represented by the ( ) This does not work at all - I get no info in the SUNRISE and SUNSET fields.
    Hi, you definitely have to use the negative longitude, if you Userinfo location (Georgia) is right, as you are living west of Greenwich. I just entered your coordinates, and I got reasonable sunrise/sunset times (07:33, 19:50). Did you set your timezone correct as well??? Sunset/sunrise times are calculated out of longitude/latitude and timezone!
    Edit: Just realized that you mixed up Longitude/Latituide: Latitude is 33.8633, Longitude is -84.0917. This might be you main problem.
    2 more hints:
    as describe before, you should add your configuration (worldweather.xml) and enter your system specification in your profile, this would make it much easier to help you!
    I have also noticed that with WORLD WEATHER on the HOME PAGES (with VIDEOS, MUSIC etc) - there is no image / icon for it when you choose it, whereas all the other have icons (VIDEOS has the Scene Clicker, etc). Anyone know why this is? Can it be fixed?
    Did you clear your image cache? Maybe thats the reason for this issue...
    Again, the configuration file would help...
    Edit: Just saw, you were faster....
    Cheers
    Alfred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom