WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

bearhntr

Portal Member
December 12, 2011
Georgia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Alfred,

Thanks for your reply. Okay. I do not know how I missed that / flipping the LONG and the LAT. Okay Corrected that, but it is still not showing the informaton as it should...now I am getting another error... MISSING OR INVALID FILE: C:\PROGRAMDATA\TEAM MEDIAPORTAL\MEDIAPORTAL\SKIN\DEFAULTWIDE\WORLDWEATHER.XML

My Timezone is GMT -5 (Easstern USA) and we are in Daylight Savings time now). The XML shows TimeZone as 86 and TimeZoneUTCSpan as -300 when using the CONFIG tool This does not seem right.

I have verified that file does exist in that folder. It is also in the SKIN\DEFAULT folder as well as the C:\PROGRAMDATA\TEAM MEDIAPORTAL\MEDIAPORTAL folder.

Why would there be a CONFIG tool in the Plugins area of the software if it does not make these changes for you and you still need to go into the .XML file and edit them yourself??? Makes no sense.

I have also noticed that my ASTRONOMY screen is not showing, and this does not make any sense - as it was working before. I only have the SHOW ZODIAC and RESOLUTION (AUTOMATIC) checked.

I am running on Windows 7 Professional - and I always right-mouse on the launching icon and choose RUN AS ADMIN when launching the CONFIG TOOL. I am going to post the .XML file here - I am not sure where the file is supposed to be, as when I search for WorldWeather.xml (the system finds three files).

It makes sense that the .xml file would be in the SKIN folder - but there is an original one in the folder listed above.

I have spent months trying to get this HTPC built to be a one time build, and nothing seems to work right.

Curtis

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
    3.9 KB

bearhntr

Portal Member
December 12, 2011
Georgia
Home Country
Alfred,

In reference to your "CLEAR IMAGE CACHE" remark - I have no idea what you are referring to here. There has been no icon or image in the MP software since the first time that I ran it after installing WORLDWEATHER. It shows in the list, but there is no associated icon/image for it. All other entries in the menu have one.

Even when I ENABLE and DISABLE features like RADIO, MUSIC, VIDEOS etc from the menus with the Config Tool - they go away when disabled and come back when enabled.

I so far love this software and feel that I could have one of the best HTPCs ever - if I could get all this working together.

I have formatted and reloaded the OS and the MSSQL software and MP software more than 7 times now to try and get this all working as desired. :(

Curtis

bearhntr

Portal Member
December 12, 2011
Georgia
Home Country
I also cannot get my CALENDAR entries to be shown. I added my Birthday and it is not showing either. There are holidays on the list that I would like to remove, as they are not really celebrated here in the US. How does one edit the list?

Curtis

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @rsbrux: Is it correct, that you are using a HTPC with english regional settings and a decimal symbol "."? Please take a look into your control panel settings, because all your values for longitude/latitude contains this decimal symbol.
    Micropolis, your suspicion of my regional settings was justified; they were set to German (Switzerland). However, I have now:
    1. Changed them to English (United States)
    2. Rebooted the HTPC
    3. Opened the WorldWeather plugin configuration and resaved all locations
    4. Changed the current condition provider to Yahoo
    5. Downloaded and installed the RC dated yesterday (24 March)
    but I still get the latitude/longitude error message for every location in my profile, unless I also change forecast provider to Yahoo.
    If I select Yahoo as forecast provider, however, the WW plugin never seems to finish updating the opening screen: The rotating circle displays continuously, and the plugin doesn't respond to any controls (except 'ESC'). I have reread the newest documentation, and don't see what else I should do, unless I need to get a private key for Google. If this is so, some explanation in the doc would be helpful, especially since Google now seems to be the default provider. Logs and config files are attached.

catavolt, Micropolis: The new skin files work very nicely. I just have a minor problem with the "Browser Maps". The default map appears full screen, but my "additional maps" occupy at most 1/6 of the screen in the upper left corner of the screen. Is the scaling a function of the skin, of the WW plugin or of the browser plugin? I am using "BrowseTheWeb". Would one of the other browser plugins be likely to work better?

Attachments

• WW20012-03-25.zip
      30.9 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...now I am getting another error... MISSING OR INVALID FILE: C:\PROGRAMDATA\TEAM MEDIAPORTAL\MEDIAPORTAL\SKIN\DEFAULTWIDE\WORLDWEATHER.XML

My Timezone is GMT -5 (Easstern USA) and we are in Daylight Savings time now). The XML shows TimeZone as 86 and TimeZoneUTCSpan as -300 when using the CONFIG tool This does not seem right.

I have verified that file does exist in that folder. It is also in the SKIN\DEFAULT folder as well as the C:\PROGRAMDATA\TEAM MEDIAPORTAL\MEDIAPORTAL folder.
    The UTCSpan Setting is correct. -5 hours are -300 minutes, aren't they?
    If the xml file exist and you still get this error, the file is corrupt. Why, I can't tell as I don't know what you've done... Replace it with the original deliverd file and all is well again.

Why would there be a CONFIG tool in the Plugins area of the software if it does not make these changes for you and you still need to go into the .XML file and edit them yourself??? Makes no sense.
    As this plugin is still in development there are sometimes changes on internal structures which leads to a need for editing this xml yourself. If you don't want this you have to wait until the development is finished.

I have also noticed that my ASTRONOMY screen is not showing, and this does not make any sense - as it was working before. I only have the SHOW ZODIAC and RESOLUTION (AUTOMATIC) checked.
    You still have too much of your old, no longer compatible settings available.

I am running on Windows 7 Professional - and I always right-mouse on the launching icon and choose RUN AS ADMIN when launching the CONFIG TOOL. I am going to post the .XML file here - I am not sure where the file is supposed to be, as when I search for WorldWeather.xml (the system finds three files).

It makes sense that the .xml file would be in the SKIN folder - but there is an original one in the folder listed above.
    The meaning of those xml files are totally different. The files in the skin folders are the skin files needed to display the WW information on your choosen skin. Those files are needed for every skin you have installed.
    The "third" worldweater.xml file in C:\PROGRAMDATA\TEAM MEDIAPORTAL\MEDIAPORTAL folder is the file your settings are stored in. This is only needed once as the settings are the same, no matter which skin you use.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In reference to your "CLEAR IMAGE CACHE" remark - I have no idea what you are referring to here. There has been no icon or image in the MP software since the first time that I ran it after installing WORLDWEATHER.
    Alfred is talking about the skins Image cache. This is needed to speed up GUI a lot. The cache is located inside C:\PROGRAMDATA\TEAM MEDIAPORTAL\MEDIAPORTAL\CACHE Folder and is named as your skin... Delete the whole folder e.G. DefaultWide and the cache is rebuild on next MP startup... This sometimes is necessary, especially on graphics or font changes on existing skins...

bearhntr

Portal Member
    December 12, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country
    ...now I am getting another error... MISSING OR INVALID FILE: C:\PROGRAMDATA\TEAM MEDIAPORTAL\MEDIAPORTAL\SKIN\DEFAULTWIDE\WORLDWEATHER.XML

The UTCSpan Setting is correct. -5 hours are -300 minutes, aren't they?
    If the xml file exist and you still get this error, the file is corrupt. Why, I can't tell as I don't know what you've done... Replace it with the original deliverd file and all is well again.

As this plugin is still in development there are sometimes changes on internal structures which leads to a need for editing this xml yourself. If you don't want this you have to wait until the development is finished.

You still have too much of your old, no longer compatible settings available.

The meaning of those xml files are totally different. The files in the skin folders are the skin files needed to display the WW information on your choosen skin. Those files are needed for every skin you have installed.
    The "third" worldweater.xml file in C:\PROGRAMDATA\TEAM MEDIAPORTAL\MEDIAPORTAL folder is the file your settings are stored in. This is only needed once as the settings are the same, no matter which skin you use.

Lehmden,

OK. I copied over the original file to the folder and everything looks as if it was reset. The original 5 cities are there - that I had deleted.

I started with number 6 and built one for my City (SNELLVILLE, GA). I used the following information for the file:

CITY: Snellville
    CITY CODE: USGA0526 POSTAL CODE: 30078
    DESCRIPTION: United States
    TIME ZONE: (UTC-5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
    LONG: -84,0917 LAT: 33,8633 (note that these originally had a '.' [period] not a ',' [comma])

Units: Temperature: Farhenheit
    Wind : Miles per hour
    Pressuure : Pounds per square inch
    Visibility : Miles
    (YES) Round Values

I registered for WorldWeather Online API code, and it has been added to the software and I have tried WWO, Google and Yahoo for the providers.

I did finally get the ICON sets to work, but the SUNRISE and SUNSETS are always off. I am either off by 2 hours (shows 9:53 AM when it should be something closer to 7:53AM, etc) I note that using commas in the LONG and LAT fields does not show anything at all...it MUST be a period (decimal point). My language settings for the whole computer are set to US ENGLISH for everything. Are they supposed to be periods or commas (the website mentioned in the structions gives them as periods (www.travelmath.com).

If I wanted to manually edit the .XML file, there are no instructions or tables of values anywhere for the values that are used for such items as <entry name="Timezone">86</entry>

(What is the 86? - this must be coming from some place. There are only 24 (well some say 26) timezones...where does the 86 come from?)

I noticed that each of the existing entries has a different number in this field Where would one find this value?

I really want to get this working and I appreciate all the help - and it seems that someone needs to expand on the instructions manual if the CONFIGURATION TOOL is not working correctly and one must manually create their .XML file.

I have deleted my CACHE folder as you instructed, and SADLY the World Weather screen still has no icon/image from the launch screen (see image):

Thank again to you all for teaching me how to make the best HTPC ever with this wonderful software.

Curtis

Attachments

• WorldWeather_no icon.jpg
      WorldWeather_no icon.jpg
      34.8 KB

bearhntr

Portal Member
    December 12, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Here is a scrfeen shot of what I get with the settings above:

Note the Sunrise and Sunset times are off by two hours.

Attachments

• WW_City Screen.jpg
      WW_City Screen.jpg
      67 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bearhntr,
    today I'd read all of your statements, posts and comments to understand your problem and to find a solution.
    But let me say stop at first. I'm not happy about some written assumptions like "... if the CONFIGURATION TOOL is not working correctly...", about other destructive statements and ignorance of posted suggestions from MediaPortal experts. Sorry, hope you don't misunderstand me.
    To find a problem or to support you, it's very important, a) that you give us feedback about your handware configuration, b) which skin do you use and c) log and other useful information.

And now to your problems:

If I wanted to manually edit the .XML file, there are no instructions or tables of values anywhere for the values that are used for such items as <entry name="Timezone">86</entry> (What is the 86? - this must be coming from some place. There are only 24 (well some say 26) timezones...where does the 86 come from?) I noticed that each of the existing entries has a different number in this field Where would one find this value?

Nobody has said, that you must change the configuration file manually. It's highly recommended to not do this, otherwise I cannot guarantee the correct working of this plugin. Lehmden and Alfred has said, it can be required to manually edit the skin files.

I have deleted my CACHE folder as you instructed, and SADLY the World Weather screen still has no icon/image from the launch screen...

Please check, if you can find a image "hover_worldweather.png" in your skin media directory. If not, you can manually copy the attached file to the correct directory or extract this from the installer zip file from first post.

Note the Sunrise and Sunset times are off by two hours.

I'll check this later in the evening, currently I don't have access to my development machine and tools.

Cheers, Micropolis

bearhntr

Portal Member
    December 12, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Micropolis,

I trully meant nothing negative by the comment about the Configuration tool. I have had some many people tell me that I need to edit (or may need to) the .XML file manually - which I have no problem doing to get this great plugin working the way I think it should. I have everything in this plugin working the way I want (GeoClock Maps, Images, Starry Sky Maps, etc) the only thing not working is the Sunrise and Sunset times. I just cannot for the life of me figure out why. GeoClock appareantly uses the same UTC-5:00 setting as if I change this - the GeoClock changes.

Please do not think for even an instant that I am not appreciative of the help I am getting. I have tried every suggestion - and find that maybe something is not being read correctly. I have restored the orginal file more times that I can count - just in the fear that I had broken soemthing. I have been a beta tester many times over for Microsoft and other softwares - and, I was not blaming anyone.

I looked again through the .ZIP file I downloaded from the first of this forum, and the Hover_worldweather.png file does not exist in the 0..4.5 download. I triple checked it. I did download the 0.5.0 file and it was there. I have placed it in the Skin\Media folder for the Default and DefaultWide skins. I now have the icon. :)

I look forward to your help and possible explanation why nothing I have tried so far will show me the correct SUNRISE and SUNSET times.

As far as my configuration - I have a Windows 7 Professional (x86) machine, Quad-Core CPU with 4GB of RAM, MSSQL 2008 express with all service packs and all other Windows updates installed. No other software is currently installed other than MediaPortal 1.2.2 and MSSQL 2008 Exp and the WorldWeather Plugin. I am using the LAV Filters 0.49 and the extensions to match. I have also added all three of the Icon sets from the forum post #1 here.

Curtis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom