WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

BigB42078

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Yeah I understand that, just doesn't work with default wide. I got it to work right, minus the Google icon. But had to use PurevisionHD skin. Hope someone gets Avalon working.:D

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Help needed: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
to close the last open task for this initial version, I want to have your feedback.
Below you find the mapping table for conditions and weather icon images. Please review this list, if all conditions are mapped correctly. Please mark any changes or suggestions in red, thank you.

Day Icons
  • chance_of_rain - 11.png
  • mostly_sunny - 34.png
  • sunny - 36.png
  • partly_cloudy - 30.png
  • mostly_cloudy - 26.png
  • cloudy - 28.png
  • showers - 11.png
  • rain - 10.png
  • chance_of_snow - 18.png
  • snow - 41.png
  • chance_of_storm - 23.png
  • storm - 23.png
  • chance_of_tstorm - 35.png
  • thunderstorm - 24.png
  • mist - 20.png
  • sleet - 5.png
  • icy - 7.png
  • dust - 20.png
  • fog - 11.png
  • smoke - 11.png
  • haze - 11.png
  • flurries - 1.png

Night Icons

• chance_of_rain - 9.png
  • mostly_sunny - 33.png
  • sunny - 31.png
  • partly_cloudy - 27.png
  • mostly_cloudy - 27.png
  • cloudy - 27.png
  • showers - 9.png
  • rain - 45.png
  • chance_of_snow - 6.png
  • snow - 13.png
  • chance_of_storm - 24.png
  • storm - 1.png
  • chance_of_tstorm - 3.png
  • thunderstorm - 2.png
  • mist - 29.png
  • sleet - 46.png
  • icy - 8.png
  • dust - 29.png
  • fog - 9.png
  • smoke - 9.png
  • haze - 9.png
  • flurries - 47.png

To view the appropriate icons, please go to folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Default\Media\Weather\64x64 or "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Default\Media\Weather\128x128".

Thank you for your cooperation and cheers, Micropolis

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Just wonder why nobody is using Weatherunderground - isn't this some sort of OS also?

BigB42078

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country

I think they want money, I sent them an email and this was the response.

Question:
    Mediaportal an open source media center has recently lost it's weather feature do to TWC pulling their free .api. Do you offer this service through wunderground.com? What are the limitations if any, for example number of hits per day?

Reply:
    Hello,
    Thank you for your interest in Weather Underground data. Individuals are allowed to use our API for their own use, but if your goal is to use our data to distribute to users other than yourself, a license is required.

Weather API : Weather Underground

Please send all inquiries to our Autobrand sales representative:

Matt Gregory
    email: mgregory@wunderground.com

We appreciate your continued support.

The Wunderground Support Team
    Weather Forecast & Reports - Long Range & Local | Wunderground : Weather Underground

I also sent emails to Weatherbug and Accuweather will post when I receive anything back

Weather2.com may also be an option.

Free weather API | 7 Day XML weather and JSON weather feed for global locations

This 7 Day Weather API web service feed is provided for use by individuals and organizations for display only. The data provided remains the property of Weather2 Ltd and under no circumstances can it be sold or re-distributed. Under these conditions the feeds are free of charge.

Anyone using the feed is required to provide a hyperlink back to Weather Forecasts and Related Weather Information | MyWeather2.com wherever data from the feed is displayed. The hyperlink text should state ‘Weather provided by MyWeather2.com’.

Weather2 reserve the right to cease the distribution of the weather API web service feed at any time and also can require that any user cease distribution of feed content. Weather2 strictly forbids the on-selling of any data contained within the feeds.

Depends on what they mean by re-distributed, and I don't know about the hyplink requirement.:confused:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Ah .. ok. But per definition you are not distributing the data. It's every user fetching it for himself. But I don't want to push for them if google is doing the same :). Just wanted to ask.

commander197

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008

Hi,

what is the problem to customize personal api key? Who want, can make free account at weather underground or world weather online or other one.

Greets commander

BigB42078

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country

I'm just trying to show everybody what the options are? Plus they have a lot of satellite imagery that's animated. Don't know if it can be used, but would be cool, if it could.

Hi,

what is the problem to customize personal api key? Who want, can make free account at weather underground or world weather online or other one.

Greets commander

I think they are trying to keep it simple. If you had your own you would have to paste it in a directory somewhere. Which I wouldn't have a problem with. But that's not the direction they wanna take.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Help needed: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
    to close the last open task for this initial version, I want to have your feedback.
    Below you find the mapping table for conditions and weather icon images. Please review this list, if all conditions are mapped correctly. Please mark any changes or suggestions in red, thank you.
    H Micropolis:
    Attached is a text file that lists all weather conditions/codes.

Is there any property skins can use to display backdrops related to the weather conditions? Previously I used an InfoService property: #infoservice.weather.today.img.big.filenamewithoutext.jpg. Is there something equivalent in WorldWeather that would work?

Attachments

• weathericons.txt
      889 bytes

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I think they want money, I sent them an email and this was the response.

Hello,
    Thank you for your interest in Weather Underground data. Individuals are allowed to use our API for their own use, but if your goal is to use our data to distribute to users other than yourself, a license is required.

Weather API : Weather Underground

Hmmm, this is not the response they gave me, they will allow use of there data for free, but this comes with "rules" to follow.

These rules are about visability inside the plugin and on MP website (like sponsor) .

I can't code and have no say in who our sponsors are so I can't do anything with it, if somebody that can make those decisions and the knowhow to code wants this info just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom