WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (7 Viewers)

BigB42078

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I have what looks to be good news. Wundergerground.com is interested in being a sponsor!!!:eek:

We would like to be included as one of your official sponsors, with all rights and benefits that a sponsorship comes with (what are they?).

Moreover we want to be branded in every location that our data is shown.

For that we will give you a free key.

Matt

Attachments

• WU_Email_1.jpg
    WU_Email_1.jpg
    579.5 KB
  • WU_Email_2.jpg
    WU_Email_2.jpg
    214.4 KB
  • wunderground_02_glow.png
    wunderground_02_glow.png
    41.4 KB

Shurik

Portal Pro
December 13, 2006
Alberta
Home Country
Canada Canada

Thanks for the plugin! Trying it out now.

One question - where do you guys get satellite and other maps from? I cannot seem to find any maps for Calgary, Canada. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I have what looks to be good news. Wundergerground.com is interested in being a sponsor!!!:eek:

We would like to be included as one of your official sponsors, with all rights and benefits that a sponsorship comes with (what are they?).

Moreover we want to be branded in every location that our data is shown.

For that we will give you a free key.

Matt

This is indeed good news!

I do have one reservation though, I display a weather icon and temp on my home screen. Would I have to have their logo there also? Have a look at this line on the bottom of page 1:

“Moreover we want to be branded in every location that our data is shown.”

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Works OK here ;)
    mmm.... thanks for letting me know - I'll have another look at my setups later.

^^ I wouldn't want to see the wunderground logo on my BasicHome screen either.. of course many (most?) of us can tweak things locally but skins with menu generators would end up having to "impose" the logo every time a new menu was generated if there was an agreement in place :rolleyes: Yeah,nah (Kiwi saying = no) I'm not too keen on that...

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I'm pretty sure they'd see sense and allow us to all get away with not putting the logo on the home screen where limited info is displayed.

Naturally I have no issue with displaying the logo within the main weather application illustrating the source of the data.

Tell me, is there timeframe around getting the problems with the main weather app resolved?

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I'm pretty sure they'd see sense and allow us to all get away with not putting the logo on the home screen where limited info is displayed.

Naturally I have no issue with displaying the logo within the main weather application illustrating the source of the data

Thats my thinking too.

Although i would not mind the logo in the weather screen either, it does bring some rules to follow for the skinners in the way they make the weather page, I think this is the main question, do we want to "force" this on the skinners/users in return for the abillity to use there data.

(ones again i'm all for it, I think it's the best source available)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I've got no idea why but this plugin has definitely died here - I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no go :( Guess I'll have to wait for the next release :( (Nothing showing up in the error log)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

If wunderground want's some promo, they are better of if we show their logo on MEDIAPORTAL - a HTPC Media Center for free! and maybe also on weather-config screen in MP Config. I don't want it to show in MediaPortal itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom