WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hello everyone,

i`ve got the problem, that the Plugin shows me an old Satelite image.
    If i try to use on of the following URLs, the configuration will not be saved and in MP i see the same old images.

http://modul.wetter.zdf.de/data/temp-brd-0.jpg
    http://modul.wetter.zdf.de/data/sat-dlr-0.jpg

I couldnt find a solution in the Thread.

Thx in advance.

Attachments

• worldweather.jpg
      worldweather.jpg
      295.5 KB

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

k, good to know that i am not the only one with this problem :).

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hello Taipan,

The sunrise and sunset times are late by one hour - probably because we (Eastern Australia) are currently in Daylight Saving Time and this is not being taken into account?

Strange. Do you have checked the correct timezone settings? If yes, could you please post your WorldWeather profile (normally c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\WorldWeather.xml) in this thread?

The wind speed is displayed in mph, even though Australia uses kmh.

The plugin calls this link for Australia. The return value contains mph. Which URL do you suggest?

@all: new nightly build attached to first post.

Cheers, Micropolis

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

The plugin calls this link for Australia. The return value contains mph. Which URL do you suggest?

Micropolis, you will probably need to do your own conversion on this field. If user selects Celsius and wind contains mph then do conversion to KMH. If they choose Fahrenheit then keep as mph.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Hi Micropolis,

The sunrise and sunset times are late by one hour - probably because we (Eastern Australia) are currently in Daylight Saving Time and this is not being taken into account?

Strange. Do you have checked the correct timezone settings? If yes, could you please post your WorldWeather profile (normally c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\WorldWeather.xml) in this thread?

Yes, I have (GMT+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney selected in World Weather Setup. I also tried checking the box 'Show daylight saving time for current year only' and it made no difference. It is not clear to me what that check-box is really meant to do?

Anyway, my WorldWeather.xml is attached below.

Yes, that is odd. If I look at iGoogle the wind speed is in km/h, but the API link is in mph ....

I think that ltfearme's suggestion is a good one - you will probably need to do your own conversion on this field. If user selects Celsius and wind contains mph then do conversion to km/h. If they choose Fahrenheit then keep as mph.

Cheers,

Taipan

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      2 KB

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Micropolis,

first of all a big :D for this wonderful plugin.
    Never thought that dealing with weather is so much fun with such a sophisticated plugin :)

List of plugin related changes:
    • configuration options for weather map added
    • fix for danish localization support (thx to pilehave)
    • add missing precipitation translation (#WorldWeather.TranslationPrecipitation) (thx to rsbrux, rogerleifert)
    Precipitation ("Niederschlag") still displays as humidity ("Niederschlag") with me. Anyone else?

Furthermore the "World" image isn't displayed anywhere.
    It is probably a future feature or is it intended as a background image?

Feature request:
    Because there still is same space left for further images, perhaps one could add entries for "ozone concentration"," air (pollution) quality" and "fine-dust concentration".
    Another alternative is perhaps one or two unlabeled user-images instead of the labeled images ?

Due to the partly outdated or non-working ZDF weather-images for Germany I have done a little googling for suitable weather-images.
    I have compiled and attached a first list for those I found for Europe, centered on Germany plus some sample images.
    (The weather-radar image uploaded only as (non-animated) jpg instead of animated gif due to upload-limitations. You can find the animated gif in the attached rar-file.)

Perhaps we should open a separate thread for this for not to spoil this thread with a discussion about where to find weather-image links for all of our MP-countries.

Attachments

• Air quality index.gif
      Air quality index.gif
      28.3 KB
    • UV-Index.gif
      UV-Index.gif
      15.7 KB
    • Animated humidity and precipitation.gif
      Animated humidity and precipitation.gif
      623.6 KB
    • Animated wind.gif
      Animated wind.gif
      817.5 KB
    • Animated temp and wind.gif
      Animated temp and wind.gif
      699.1 KB
    • World-Sat.png
      World-Sat.png
      424.1 KB
    • Animated weather radar.jpg
      Animated weather radar.jpg
      72.2 KB
    • Weather-Images and Links.2011.12.20.doc
      103.5 KB
    • Animated weather radar.rar
      7.7 MB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

May I suggest adding a Filmstrip control which contains the configured images by the user...this would make skinning much more simple. You could publish skin properties based on selected item and skin can react to them ie. display the appropriate image and text.

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Damien,

filmstrip control could be the solution.
    Let's see what micropolis says to this idea.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hi Micropolis

Sorry for the slow reply to your earlier post...

[*]context menu entry for opening a weather map in your preferred browser (thx to Bleazle)

This is excellent but I was looking for something a bit different (not sure if it's possible though..). I would like to be able to enter the URL of various weather related sites and have them show via the World Weather plugin. As far as I can tell these sites don't work as an image link - for example: Live Wind, & Wind Forecast :rolleyes:

I can't believe New Zealand wasn't on the top of your list to be localised! :D :D I use the "English" setting

This was my expectation. Sorry to say, but in this case it's complicated to detect your localization. Let my try to explain this: WorldWeather tries to detect the localization based on your MediaPortal GUI language settings. If you select "english" here, the detection routine gives correctly "google.co.uk". Because of this, I had implemented the option to override the localization detection routines. You can select "New Zealand" here. But: At the moment the plugin use "google.com" furthermore for your country, if I call these link, Google gives me US metric (means mph and not km/h). Which URL do you use normally?

If I use the iGoogle link this is the one - I don't know how to find the "api" address MP is calling, but I'm guessing it's this one: http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=auckland,nz - no idea why it reports the info in mp/hr though :mad:

..I think that ltfearme's suggestion is a good one - you will probably need to do your own conversion on this field. If user selects Celsius and wind contains mph then do conversion to km/h. If they choose Fahrenheit then keep as mph.

Re: ltfearme's suggestion - if you end up having to do something like this I would like the option to choose "knots" as well :) I can live with "km/hr" but "knots" would be better :D

Of course I may the only one that would like these features so feel free to ignore me :D

Regards

Bleazle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom