WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Micropolis: Sounds cool but quite complicated to configure and as a user and non-dev I am wondering if
the average Joe can handle this as well?

I don't even know what links I could use for UK images so I basically just don't use a lot of the functionality of WorldWeather, which is a shame as when I tested with the German links it looks very nice.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep, sounds very cool! I think that way it is possible to get dynamic radar images from ZDF back! :)
    Thank you very much!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello doveman, RicoHTPC, Holzi,

@doveman:
    ... but is there a known problem with Google and WorldWeather? ...

I can't reproduce it, for me all is working fine.

@RicoHTPC:
    ... Sounds cool but quite complicated to configure and as a user and non-dev I am wondering if

I really don't know your expectation, but the simplest way is to use the attached example file. Download this file, copy it to your MediaPortal configuration directory (for Windows 7 it is c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal) and select the predefined images/slideshow definitions inside the WorldWeather configuration.

@Holzi,
    ... I think that way it is possible to get dynamic radar images from ZDF back! ...

Sure, that's (one of) the idea behind the new slideshow functionality.

Cheers, Micropolis

Attachments

• WorldWeatherWebsites.xml
      7.9 KB
    Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I really don't know your expectation, but the simplest way is to use the attached example file. Download this file, copy it to your MediaPortal configuration directory (for Windows 7 it is c:\programdata\team mediaportal) and select the predefined images/slideshow definitions inside the WorldWeather configuration.

Thanks. I guess you meant to say c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal as that would be the more usual place and it seems to work there and not in c:\programdata\team mediaportal.

There doesn't seem to be any UK-centric links in it anyway, mostly Germany, Italy and US from what I can tell ;)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    @Micropolis: Sounds cool but quite complicated to configure and as a user and non-dev I am wondering if

I don't even know what links I could use for UK images so I basically just don't use a lot of the functionality of WorldWeather, which is a shame as when I tested with the German links it looks very nice.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ortal_Configuration/91_Weather/Weather_Images

AlfredO

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 26, 2009
    Weinheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The last few days I've been getting popups in MP about being unable to access Google Weather. I can't see anything in the Mediaportal.log/bak or error.log/bak referencing Google.

I'll try switching everything to Yahoo in the WorldWeather plugin and see if that's OK but is there a known problem with Google and WorldWeather?

Here the same. When the HTCP comes from standby, there is no connection to the internet for WorldWeather (Google). Immediately after waking up I getting the popups. If I change the town in the plugin all is working fine (for all towns). If I don't go to the plugin the popup comes again and again.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis,

thanks for the version and the nice realization of our (my) requests; slideshows are (nearly) perfect!

Nearly: I think this is a problem of my slow internet connection. If I use your example for ZDF sat (<rangenumber:10,48>), I get several error messages "could not load images.., and I really do not get the images (i.e. the slideshow).
    If I change it to for example <rangenumber:30,48>, I get the slideshow (very nice (y) ).
    I tried to change the "Timeout" in Expert settings, but this seems not to change anything. Is it possible that the timeout settings do not work?

Just a little hint for your explanations:

Example 4:
    The link is wrong (leads to Rain radar).

BTW: I do have the same effect as Lehmden (delay of about 2 minutes on "Lade Anzeigeplugins" with WorldWeather enabled), just to let you know, I do not care too much about it.

Thanks again! Excellent work!

Alfred

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis,

First thanks for the magnificent world weather. May I suggest a feature? Currently setting up ww is quite difficult. You need to know different identifiers for your city, long & lat. and more details. Maybe you could use the net to lookup country/city combinations and gather the informarmation the plugins need? Also testing in the plugin config would ease this procedure.

Since you already provide a list of sample image sources, why not go further and make the country (region) specific and autofill them?

I think your plugin is great, but I think it is time more people can start using it without the complicated setup (pains ;-)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another idea for the slideshows:

Right now the delay between each image is the same for each image. How about adding this to the range placeholder as an additional parameter? This way we could show the sattelite animation as 1-2 sec. per image and the zdf today, night tomorrow could be slowed down to 15 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom