Wrong skin file (1 Viewer)

serverhack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

I reinstalled from a clean uninstallation MP yesterday and installed all usual plugins (MPTVSeries, MovingPictures, Extensions, etc.). When I enter TVSeries plugin with PureVisionHD skin i get the following error: "Wrong Skin File" but in spanish. It's strange because before reinstallation everything worked fine; in addition I have another MP Client on my network with exactly the same configuration and that works perfectly.

Can you help me to solve this? If i set Titan (p.e.) as skin everything works right.

Thanks and best regards,

ServerHack

serverhack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Done, and it worked!!! What was the problem? If I hadn't another installation? ;D

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Today I've got the same issue. I was installing Mp 1.11 on a friends machine and want to give him PureVision as skin, same as I alwasy did the time where I still was using MP1... First all looks OK, but when I try to enter TVSeries I got the same "Wrong Skin File" error. As I did not had a working System next to this I tried to re- download the mpei, but with the same result: "Wrong Skin File".
    So I sadly had to leave him with Titan as skin...:cry:
    Is was a fresh single seat install of MP 1.11...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would be nice to know which xml is "wrong" ;)
    Here I even can´t verify that error - I deleted PVHD completely, and installed it again from latest MPEI - all works correct :confused:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, finally found it!
    As the latest PVHD 7.3 is installed without skin settings (and therefore no parameters are set at all), you have to go to skin settings and change once the setting for TVSeries Wide Banners (4 or 7) - after that all works as expected;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I know similar effects on MKV Buddy when at first install there is no settings file. To prevent this I'm delivering a basic .ini file with MKV Buddy so it can run from the first start...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I know similar effects on MKV Buddy when at first install there is no settings file. To prevent this I'm delivering a basic .ini file with MKV Buddy so it can run from the first start...
    That is OK for that, but when I deliver a skin settings xml, it would override the skin settings a user made in a previous version.
    If I don´t (as in this case), some settings aren´t present before entering GUI Settings and explicitly switch them on/off ;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    it would override the skin settings a user made in a previous version
    This is the same with MKV Buddy. Here also is the possibility that a user has a previous version installed and configured. But it's up to the installer to have an eye on this. My installer did not overwrite any older .ini files that may be exist. It only copies the basic configuration file if no other config file existis in install folder. If this option is not available in mpei I would call this a bug (or at least a desperately missing feature) then in mpei...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom