X-Factor 2 (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I'm very pleased to announce that release 3 of this skin (pre release) now is available. See donwload link in first post of this thread.

Version 3
    * Added support for MP1.3 SVN Settings
    * Added support for TV
    * Added support for 4TR
    * Modified all open/close animations. BIG Speed improvements
    * Changed most fonts to be bigger
    * New graphics for posters/thumbs
    * A lot of other small changes
    * Fixed bugs from version 2

NOTE!
    Settings screens only work for MP1.3 SVN.

Best Regards
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Don't know if Moving Pictures looked like that before, but the huge poster when you hit "right" is awesome. Perhaps something like that could be implemented in the Music (List) section as well? Showing Fanart(s) or if possible, the available album covers for that artist?

The year in the Moving Pictures (List) is overlapping the titles though, as the fade label extends across the year label.
    Emph

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My daughter uses the mvCentral plugin a lot - I wanna try this skin cos it looks awesome, but what will happen with mvCentral since it is not supported? Will it not work at all? Or will it work but just look odd?

Cheers!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My daughter uses the mvCentral plugin a lot - I wanna try this skin cos it looks awesome, but what will happen with mvCentral since it is not supported? Will it not work at all? Or will it work but just look odd?

Cheers!
    hi,

it will look very odd. give me a couple of days and I will see if I can add full support.

cheers
    cul8er[DOUBLEPOST=1347954099][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Don't know if Moving Pictures looked like that before, but the huge poster when you hit "right" is awesome. Perhaps something like that could be implemented in the Music (List) section as well? Showing Fanart(s) or if possible, the available album covers for that artist?

The year in the Moving Pictures (List) is overlapping the titles though, as the fade label extends across the year label.
    Emph
    hi,

thank you for your feedback. could you please add a screenshot of the overlap issue. I cannot find it.

best regards
    cul8er

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Cheers!

There are three things that might happen:

1) The XML for the plugin is missing from the skin package, MP error stating "missing skin files"
    -> Try to copy over the according skinfile from the DefaultWide skin folder and see 2)

2) If any XML for the according plugin is available, it might look good/decent
    3) ...or bad/odd

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country

Cheers!
    hi,

it will look very odd. give me a couple of days and I will see if I can add full support.

cheers
    cul8er

That would be brilliant, thanks!

I'll give it a whirl then in a bit!

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Just installed this, but I have a problem with the TV Guide - the programme details are barely visible on the EPG, but the synopsis is ok at the bottom of the screen.

Any idea?

EDIT : Never mind, fixed it.. I had to turn off Enable colored buttons in TV EPG in settings.

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    thank you for your feedback. could you please add a screenshot of the overlap issue. I cannot find it.

overlap.jpg

Hope the attached one will clear this up. :)
    Emph

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    Hi Cul8er,
    Well its been a while since i last posted over at the beginning of your Xfactor thread. I must say a BIG thanks for this as it looks fantastic.
    I do like the new style shadows, using them a lot myself these days. You certainly have put some time in on this site over the years and I can only commend you for that, I just don't know where you get the time.
    I am going to install this this weekend and give it a spin. Will report back but a BIG thanks ;) for your work!!
    Can't wait to get home now

Regards

Kev

Update: installed the test version and ran it all weekend. I must say that at present it runs VERY fast and navigates VERY well. I love the look and feel and can't wait until it is nearer completion. One thing I noticed in my music section, whilst in cover flow view. Some skins give a bar to show how far you are through the collection. I can see half of a red dot at the bottom of the screen? Is this the nav Indicator?
    GREAT WORK SO FAR :) LOVE IT!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom