X10-remote - experiencing "double-clicks" (1 Viewer)

JayDee

Portal Member
January 5, 2007
How can i uninstall the X10 Software correctly?
I have no entry in my Software Folder and even my Uninstaller don't see the Software installed?
Only to delet everything isn't the right way, is it?

Would anyone help me with my problem?!

backslash

Portal Pro
November 23, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I still experience the "doubleclick problem" with latest svn using 0.2.2.0. :-( It only appears on Win XP Pro machines. On my Win 2k Pro machine everything works fine. On all machines i installed the x10 driver that came with the remote.

What can i do to solve this annoying bug?

backslash

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi backslash,

Do you experience this all of the time, or just coming out of suspend?

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is no reason for this to be happening except for the reason posted below. Good luck.

Well, I can't seem to reproduce this with my X10 remote. I have a couple of other errors when coming out of hibernation, but this isn't one of them. Since any code I would add to MP would essentially be a hack to avoid this specific scenario, I would prefer to try and get to the root of the problem.

I will add the code if we can't isolate the problem, however lets try and all get on the same page. This will involve all being on the same driver version. If you are interested in helping, please do the following steps.

Uninstall your remote control software. Don't just kill it. Make sure it is gone. Make sure Girder is not running if you have that.

Search your harddrive for x10net.dll (make sure to look in system and hidden folders)
    create a text file in that directory (unreg.bat or something) and have the text read

regsvr32 /u x10net.dll

execute the batch file and do this for each x10 dll and then rename it to x10net.dll.old. Go to

http://www.snapstream.net/download/Firefly_Drivers.aspx

and execute the file. You may not get a dialog or confirmation, I can't remember. Search for where this file is located and execute a "regsvr32 x10net.dll" in that directory. You should get a box stating that the operation succeeded. Now, see if you get the double click behavior and report back.

alanmoore

Portal Member
    August 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, guys! Wonderful job. The Media Portal software is great, and also is this forum.

However, I can't make my remote work properly. It has "double click" problems like those described above, although the double click bug doesn't appear after hybernation; it is there from the start, always. My remote is a X10 controller (Toshiba MCE PX1246E-1ETC). I've tried the solution proposed above, but when I uninstall the original driver and install the Firefly driver my remote stops working. Do I have to try with another driver?

Help very much appreciated. It's the only one thing that doesn't work properly in my Media Portal media center.

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no reason for this to be happening except for the reason posted below. Good luck.

Well, I can't seem to reproduce this with my X10 remote. I have a couple of other errors when coming out of hibernation, but this isn't one of them. Since any code I would add to MP would essentially be a hack to avoid this specific scenario, I would prefer to try and get to the root of the problem.

I will add the code if we can't isolate the problem, however lets try and all get on the same page. This will involve all being on the same driver version. If you are interested in helping, please do the following steps.

Uninstall your remote control software. Don't just kill it. Make sure it is gone. Make sure Girder is not running if you have that.

Search your harddrive for x10net.dll (make sure to look in system and hidden folders)
    create a text file in that directory (unreg.bat or something) and have the text read

regsvr32 /u x10net.dll

execute the batch file and do this for each x10 dll and then rename it to x10net.dll.old. Go to

http://www.snapstream.net/download/Firefly_Drivers.aspx

and execute the file. You may not get a dialog or confirmation, I can't remember. Search for where this file is located and execute a "regsvr32 x10net.dll" in that directory. You should get a box stating that the operation succeeded. Now, see if you get the double click behavior and report back.

which file you mean ? the dll or the exe ? i double klick on the exe, and then ???

Skar

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Excuse me if this is a stupid question but im still a semi noob with stuff like coding, svn etc...

Im using the latest version of MP. Since this is an "older" Thread, is the fix you presented here alrdy implemented in the Version i got or do i still need any of the untested svn´s from the forum?

I have the double click problem with my X10 (now and then, also on a restart, not only after hibernate) and i am trying to fix it with hopefully not much collateral damage by my noobness ;)

So before i install some svn or sth i wanted to make sure its nothing stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom