X10-remote - experiencing "double-clicks" (1 Viewer)

Tisse

Portal Member
August 30, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Unfortunately I can't agree with wimpies, I tried rev12268 and there are still some problems. In most menus it works but in some I still experience double-clicks. For instance in the context menus (F9-menus) and sometimes while I browse my music and press "enter" on the remote.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Drat, I can't increase the delay anymore. This may be the best it gets for awhile.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Hey guys,

I have some bad news. I rewrote it from scratch (in a more reasonable way) so I could make sure I was doing everything correctly, and the problem is still there. I'm going to give this another couple of hours of my time, but it doesn't look promising. This might be the best it gets.

~Steve

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    OK, I've got it fixed, but it require me to make some very large changes that are reverberating through mp. It might be awhile before this makes it to svn. and by fixed, I mean this isn't a hack.

Tisse

Portal Member
    August 30, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great work Diehard2!!

Should be interesting to know what the problem was. If you have a minute, please share how it could be double-clicks after a resume from standby, so that a novice like myself understands it ;-)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Its kind of complicated to describe not knowing your background, but here goes.

In C++ you allocate all of the memory yourself. This is convenient from several perspectives, but difficult to manage. In C#, you give up the freedom of memory allocation for the benefit of not having to worry about it. The remote code uses COM interfaces which depend on being released reliably. It was very difficult to do this, and even when I did it correctly one would still get double key presses before everything was truly released. So, the key is not releasing it in the first place when we go to suspend. Less work leads to better results.

Tisse

Portal Member
    August 30, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the effort, I do understand most of it :)

I greatly appriciate the work you have done on this problem!

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    hey tisse, can you verify that this is working for you without problems?

wimpies

Portal Member
    October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Currently (svn-12254) i don't have any problems, but i'm happy that "diehard2" is trying to fix the real problem. Tomorrow i'll probably test the latest svn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom