xbmc (Frodo) with pvr functions (1 Viewer)

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Main Menu
    Select "Videos"
    Select "Files"
    Select "Add Videos"

Select browse for the source and then add the TV shows named master folder, with the sub folder named shows.

Select ok but then make sure that you select to use a TV scraper so that it knows the media type.

I have 151 TV shows set that way with specials and seasons etc and it works fine :)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which scraper are you using?
    But it took me almost two hours to find out how to add a movie to database too. Not very userfriendly if you ask me. :p + there were not all infos scrapped (No year and FSK).

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

For TV Shows, I used the thetvdb scraper if I'm not mistaken. Now that I have .nfo files for all of my films, that's being scraped well and good by XBMC. But it's not as fast as Moving Pictures. This is my experience though, I'm guessing others have better luck.

Emph

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    But it's not as fast as Moving Pictures.
    Ok, on my system the import of my 1200 movies takes exactly twice the time in Moving Pictures than in XBMC (10 Minutes vs 5 Minutes). Both without any errors and both times are acceptable, so no big deal.

TV Shows, Ok, XBMC needs a more restrictive naming scheme as TVSeries. But you can use .nfo also here, an incredible big advantage. If I import my series from scratch, with TVSeries I need about 3 Days (mainly because of my bad internet connection) On XBMC it last a single day only (with the same bad connection). But on XBMC I only have to do this once as I later can use .nfo files what I can't do on TVSeries. So the next time I need to import my series I only need some minutes, maybe an hour (haven't tried this jet) on XBMC vs 3 days on TVSeries.

TVSeries is my most hated MP Plugin. I have to use it as there is no alternative but I really hate it. If you only collect US mainstream series, maybe TVSeries did the job. But if you collecting series that are not US based you often have big problems. Here in Germany we have two data sources (fernsehserien.de and serienjunkies.de) that fits the need of German collectors much more than TVDB ever could. But as you can't change the scrapper you can't use them at all. Often series are locked long before all episode titles are translated, so you will never get any translated episodes name. If a series was never translated to English there is no title available at some points, on website API and for that on TVSeries too. Should I continue? ;)

For Moving Pictures you have two alternatives, MyFilms and MyVideos. But MPTVSeries there is nothing I can change to, if I want to stay on MP.

I really love the way video files are handled by XBMC. This is exactly the way I want to have it. In MP2 this would be similar, hooray. But sadly MP2 is far away from being usable now.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi.
    But it's not as fast as Moving Pictures.
    Ok, on my system the import of my 1200 movies takes exactly twice the time in Moving Pictures than in XBMC (10 Minutes vs 5 Minutes). Both without any errors and both times are acceptable, so no big deal.

I meant using the XBMC local scraper that's in Moving Pictures, scraping from .nfo files. About the same starting point.

Emph

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I meant using the XBMC local scraper that's in Moving Pictures, scraping from .nfo files. About the same starting point.
    That's exactly what I meant too. I'm using local .nfo and artwork on Moving Pictures since ages. The import from those .nfo to an fresh, empty Moving Pictures database lasts about 10 minutes on my system. The import from the same .nfo used by Moving Pictures to an empty XBMC database last about 5 minutes.

Both are working like a charm here. The difference in import time is not that important as both are fast enough for my needs...

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

For TV Shows, I used the thetvdb scraper if I'm not mistaken. Now that I have .nfo files for all of my films, that's being scraped well and good by XBMC. But it's not as fast as Moving Pictures. This is my experience though, I'm guessing others have better luck.

Emph
    often you need to add nfo with url to show from thetvdb... Very annoying indeed. And i really hate to sort my TV!!! Mptvseries was just so much better and the trakt plugin is also horrible in xbmc compared to MP:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom