Xface Skin Version 1.6 ready for download 09.06.2008 (3 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Here is a edited basic home xml file there i have added reversible="false" as a property in the slide animations.
    This makes the slide animations not reverse when they are interupted before they are finised.
    Translation: The "weel" will not look so messed up when spining around fast :)
    Just wanted to share, if you dont like it, feel free not to use it.

BlueTwo has the sam problem maybe this should be added there too.
    would be cool to see this fixed in svn too :)

got svn access?

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have been testing a little bit.
    In filmstrip view, there is no need for a highlighted icon on the left side. Its just annoying, and takes up one space.
    The skin Core, has this removed.

Darkwader, can you explane me more what you mean ?

Greetings Harley

DarkWader

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    In filmstrip view, there is no need for a highlighted icon on the left side. Its just annoying, and takes up one space.

Greetings Harley

Like this, you can see the Spiderman movie is highlighted, and its also displaying on the far left.
    After some closer looking, it looks like a bug, not intensionally.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
      untitled.JPG
      96.5 KB

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Harley,

this skin is very, very good. The new cover view is amazing: looks very pretty and it is very fast to work with - I cannot find words for how cool this ist.

Here is my feedback from the first tests. I am running 16:9 at 1366xsomething resolution.

- the highlight for the current selected button is not visible enough; the blue shimmery looks cool, but one has to look twice to find which button is selected. Perhaps you cold add some light to the background of the selected button.

- in cover view, the font size below the covers is a bit too small from my point of view. I am about three meters away from a 32'' screen, I can read it, but it's small.

- the clock symbol in the upper right corner is nice, but irritating since it does not show the current time.

- in cover view: the menu is only reachable when I am at the very start of the list and I'm pressing "left" again. This is ok so far, but what if I'm somewhere in the middle of the list? Then I have to press "left", hold some seconds until I'm at the start again, then the menu shows up. In lists with many items this can need 10 seconds or more.
    Can you show the menu when I'm pressing "up" or "down", too?

- in "now playing" the coverart should have some border around it, would make it even nicer.

- the background is very nice, I associate a stage lightened by some spotlights - a very good choice for a media center!

Again, your new cover view is perfect. Beside the unbelievable cool design I really like how fast I can browse through it.

Hi JulianBuss,

i have update the coverview, so you can go with arrow up to the buttons also.

Greetings Harley :)

iMse

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hum.. I cant see the frames on any of the movies, pictures or albums. I Just see the thumbnails as they are. Without the DVD cases, CD cases or picture frames around them. Does anyone have any clue why?

And oh, great work on the graphics, harvey :)

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ..do you use latest svn ?

you need it because the framestuff to show the covers.

Harley

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Greetings Harley

Like this, you can see the Spiderman movie is highlighted, and its also displaying on the far left.

Yes, thats why you have not latest svn of mp.

We have add new vissible stuff in there and the skin is using this.

Pleas test with new svn.

Greetings Harley

DarkWader

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Greetings Harley

Yes, thats why you have not latest svn of mp.

We have add new vissible stuff in there and the skin is using this.

Pleas test with new svn.

Greetings Harley
    I actually downloaded last svn today, but I seem to have installed an old one.. :oops:
    I managed to install the correct one now, and now that problem is gone :)

Another thing you might fix though:
    Are there really any need for the movie name, just under each cover in filmstrip? Dont you think its enough that the name is displayed on the infoline?
    The covers are rather big, not hard to see what movie it is ;) It also keeps the layout abit cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom