Xface Skin Version 1.6 ready for download 09.06.2008 (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If possible, it would look even better if the "plastic" covers are also visible as reflections in cover view, not just the front picture/poster for each film/cd. If this is possible at the moment. And also, if you have to have the titles for each item shown, it would look a lot cleaner if they were positioned over the cover, instead of underneath it (because that's where the reflections are).

Like in this picture:

attachment.php

Über-cool skin, mate!
    Emph

Attachments

• previews.jpg
      previews.jpg
      87.1 KB

jaeger

Portal Member
    July 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Another thing you might fix though:
    Are there really any need for the movie name, just under each cover in filmstrip? Dont you think its enough that the name is displayed on the infoline?
    The covers are rather big, not hard to see what movie it is ;) It also keeps the layout abit cleaner.

Movie names are sometimes unreadable on the covers. Textual movie name is usefull in those cases.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i think best way is to have a xoffset and yoffset for the label, so we can adjust the label better.

I will ask bavarian for implement code for this in filmstripview, like he has made it for thumbnailview.

btw, emphahic, you must update to latest mp svn, because you have wrong style of selected icon.

Harley

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    btw, emphahic, you must update to latest mp svn, because you have wrong style of selected icon.

Harley

Actually, that's not my screenshot, I just saved Darwaders screenshot and photoshopped it to show you my "improvement" ideas. I wasn't aware that something was wrong with it. :sorry:

And since I have a 16:9 CRT and use S-Video @ 1024x768, my own screenshots would look even worse. The GUI calibration has a bug.

So, I guess you don't agree about moving the movie titles over the covers then? :eek:
    Emph

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Harley

Actually, that's not my screenshot, I just saved Darwaders screenshot and photoshopped it to show you my "improvement" ideas. I wasn't aware that something was wrong with it. :sorry:

And since I have a 16:9 CRT and use S-Video @ 1024x768, my own screenshots would look even worse. The GUI calibration has a bug.

So, I guess you don't agree about moving the movie titles over the covers then? :eek:
    Emph

Hi,

i full agree with you for moving the titles over the covers. I have talk with bav that he implement in mp some code to have the posibility to us xoffset and yoffset for the labels. With that we can position the labels then. Because with current mp engine there is no way for this.

Thanks for your improvements

Harley

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom