Xface Skin Version 1.7 for MP 1.0 final relase 22.12.2008 (1 Viewer)

digitalfm

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
Harley, great work on this, thanks. :D

I put together the Showtimes and MyTrailers xml's that you're using in the new version.

Both have been updated since you took your copy of these.

My Trailers was just updated to add the clock symbol, which I forgot first time round. :oops:

And MyShowtimes has been updated to work with the new version. The one you have taken will not work with the latest Showtimes plugin.

I've attached the two files that you need to update in 1.7.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Attachments

• mytrailers.index.xml
    30.6 KB
  • ShowTimesGUI.xml
    30.6 KB

spaceyoyo

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Home Country
France France
Hello,

Thanks for the new version of the skin !

I've made a fresh install of mediaportal V1.0 final with Xface Skin V1.7

I have to notice a little bug when i listen music. The front cover of the album is not in the good place as you can seen in the red circle on this screenshot :

ugli-stix

December 30, 2008
Crashes Mediaportal?

Hi,

I have a brand new installation of MediaPortal that crashes during startup if I set the skin to X-face. Setting back to Blue3 (or Blue3wide) fixes this.

EDIT: If I change the skin from within MediaPortal (and not the configuration application) then it works - until I restart MediaPortal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

NB: This is the first time I've used MP - so I'm willing to admit that it may be a user-related issue where I haven't installed the skin properly....

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have a brand new installation of MediaPortal that crashes during startup if I set the skin to X-face. Setting back to Blue3 (or Blue3wide) fixes this.

EDIT: If I change the skin from within MediaPortal (and not the configuration application) then it works - until I restart MediaPortal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    John

NB: This is the first time I've used MP - so I'm willing to admit that it may be a user-related issue where I haven't installed the skin properly....

mmh, thats curious.
    you can do something to test :
    1. be sure you have downloaded the Xface 1.7
    2. go to the skin folder inside mp and delete the xface skinfolder
    3. clear your skincachefolder
    4. unzip the downoaded xface1.7 zip , then open the unziped folder Xface1.7 with doubleclick. Inside there is again a folder Xface1.7. Copy and pate this folder to skinfolder inside MP. Then start configuration and select the xface skin.
    then it must run :)

Greetings Harley :)

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How do i get moving pictures to show up in the basichome menu undervideos ?

I've got a thread here

It doesn't add a menu for moving pictures, it's replaced the my videos link, If that's not what you want, make a request in that thread which hyperlink you'd like me to replace with moving pictures and I'll see what i can do.

theriddler

January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    First of all. this is a great skin!

I have some problems, using a mouse with this skin (using the Wavit remote actually, but it just moves the mouse cursor):
    mtvseries- I can only access the first three banners on the left, the banners right to those can only be accessed using the arrow keys. Also, the episodes can't be selected with the mouse.
    basicHome- buttons can't be accessed with the mouse, this is a common problem in most new skins (looking at the release comment, I was under the impression this was now fixed)

It will be great add a link to myLyrics fom the 'now playing' and myMusic screens.

Th

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom