Xface Skin Version 1.7 for MP 1.0 final relase 22.12.2008 (1 Viewer)

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My Media portal crashes with My films v 4.7.9.a and Xface version 1.7 for me running the new Media Portal version1.

Can anyone fix the my films xml for Xface?

Regards

Kev
    Same problem.
    Coach

Same Problem, Please Help us = (

I got it working by just making sure I copied the Xface files that came with MyFilms 4.7.9a over the top of the ones that came with Xface 1.7

ThugInMe

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    I got it working by just making sure I copied the Xface files that came with MyFilms 4.7.9a over the top of the ones that came with Xface 1.7

Could you or anybody else pls upload us your Working Skin Folder of XFace1,7 with myfilms 4,7,9a ?:)

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can report that I have My Films working now.
    After StunZ post :D I went to look in the Media Portal Skin folder. When I installed the new MY FILMS I made sure I put a tick in the box for Xface (and yes I did) but My Films didn't see the New Xface folder (Because its called Xface 1_7, or something similar) and made a new one called X Face.
    Sure enough, when I went into that folder the MyFilms Xml & associated Media was in there. I just copied it to the Xface 1.7 folder and VIOLA

Thanks Again STunZ :D

ThugInMe If you need me to post my files I will if needed.

Regards

ThugInMe

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    I can report that I have My Films working now.
    After StunZ post :D I went to look in the Media Portal Skin folder. When I installed the new MY FILMS I made sure I put a tick in the box for Xface (and yes I did) but My Films didn't see the New Xface folder (Because its called Xface 1_7, or something similar) and made a new one called X Face.
    Sure enough, when I went into that folder the MyFilms Xml & associated Media was in there. I just copied it to the Xface 1.7 folder and VIOLA

Thanks Again STunZ :D

ThugInMe If you need me to post my files I will if needed.

Regards

You Made my Day :) Now everything working fine. Thx a lot @ STuNZ & AIstudio

Coach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    :D

Now it works!

I've reinstalled MyFilms checking also "Xface" skin (and not only "Xface 1.7") and I've copied files from "Xface" to "Xface 1.7" folder.

Coach

thagerty

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have used older version of MP with XFACE no rpoblems and loving it... I really can't use any other skin I love it so much.

Now I'm using a fresh install of 1.0 Final of MP with XFace 1.7 and loving it...

Glad to see you fixed the MyVideos Icons views to match cover art properly. The only thing I wanted changed ( and I just did that myself) was to have the MyPrograms views be the same as My Videos so that my games would also use their box art (like MyVideos instead of CD Covers). I just changed one line in the MyPrograms.xml file and it works and looks great!

Found a couple of bugs:

The Home Screen (where you scroll up and down with the colour pictures), still seems to have the Pugins picture stuck behind the scrolling pics...this has been in the last few versions.

Some TV logos aren't wide enough in some situations.

I also found another bug, though I'm not sure if its the skin causing the problem...

I have my MP normally goto Basic Home screen (with the black & white pics/camera/headphones,etc) on startup. When using MP for a while, sometimes when i return to that screen, half or most of the Pics/Icons are gone, and so is the text for them. When I scroll, right or left, some appear and some don't. Eventually this leads to MP crashing. This ONLY happens on the Basic Home Screen. If I see it start to happen, and go to other screens, MP is fine, but as soon as i use Basic Home and start scrolling for a bit it crashes... This is a random problem.

The only extra Plug-ins (not included in MP) I have installed are the newest MyPrograms and MyTVSeries.

Any help please... and thanks for the great skin BTW. I have all my friends using it.

Update: Seems to only happen after i have MP "minimise to tray on exit" and return. Happens consistently when doing that.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have my MP normally goto Basic Home screen (with the black & white pics/camera/headphones,etc) on startup. When using MP for a while, sometimes when i return to that screen, half or most of the Pics/Icons are gone, and so is the text for them. When I scroll, right or left, some appear and some don't. Eventually this leads to MP crashing. This ONLY happens on the Basic Home Screen. If I see it start to happen, and go to other screens, MP is fine, but as soon as i use Basic Home and start scrolling for a bit it crashes... This is a random problem.

This crash , is also the same that appears when using StreamedMP & Aeon Wide skin on BasicHome: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/crashes-basichome-screen-streamedmp-rc4-50221/

ugli-stix

December 30, 2008
    Hi,

I have a brand new installation of MediaPortal that crashes during startup if I set the skin to X-face. Setting back to Blue3 (or Blue3wide) fixes this.

EDIT: If I change the skin from within MediaPortal (and not the configuration application) then it works - until I restart MediaPortal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    John

NB: This is the first time I've used MP - so I'm willing to admit that it may be a user-related issue where I haven't installed the skin properly....

mmh, thats curious.
    you can do something to test :
    1. be sure you have downloaded the Xface 1.7
    2. go to the skin folder inside mp and delete the xface skinfolder
    3. clear your skincachefolder
    4. unzip the downoaded xface1.7 zip , then open the unziped folder Xface1.7 with doubleclick. Inside there is again a folder Xface1.7. Copy and pate this folder to skinfolder inside MP. Then start configuration and select the xface skin.
    then it must run :)

Greetings Harley :)

Thanks - that seemed to have worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom