Xface Version 1.9 ready for download 27.7.2009 (1 Viewer)

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So this means that the newer version of XFace and it's new features will not work with 1.0.2 ? I must update to alpha? are plug-ins compatible like my trailers, online videos .etc with this version ? Plus isn't mp alpha still buggy? should i still stay with 1.0.2 for now until everything in alpha is iron out? and yes i did delete old skin and cache folders. thanx again.

Skin also works fine with 1.0.2, but there is no vu meter funktion inside.
    Working Vu Meters are only run with 1.1.0 Alpha.

Greetings Harley

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great update, thanks. The installer is superb, I especially like the option to switch places on the My Videos and Moving Pictures links.

Emph

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've recently upgraded from MP 1.0 rc1 to MP 1.02 running Xface. I've installed Xface 1.8 & 1.9 and neither seems to have a home page picture for the standard RSS News. I'm a little surprised no-one has mentioned it (that I can find) so I'm wondering if I've missed something obvious or does no-one else use the RSS news plugin?

Next to "News" in my home page I see "MP Plugin No Button Picture available", and when you highlight the News button then it goes completely blank. I'm sure this should be a simple fix, just a matter of copying a file to a new name, but some guidance would be apreciated. thanks

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi johns11,

I believe there is already support in XFace for RSS News but you need to add a couple of icons to make it look nice. Have a look in my RAR-file on the previous page and add the two icons "button rss_news.png" and "buttonNF_rss news.png. That should sort out your missing icons.

/Peter

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wow, over 1000 Downloads in 7 Days.

...seems the old Xface Lady is still in use ! :D

Greetings Harley :)

zeeke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm still getting the high CPU usage with my Intel G45 motherboard. I have MediaPortal with xface on my other computer as well with a nvidia 7900 card and it works like a charm.

Does anyone have any idea why i keep getting high cpu usage on the intel platform?

Slee_Stack

Portal Member
    October 6, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    FYI

Skin hangs at 'Initializing Input devices' (in fullscreen splash). It was also REALLY slow booting up to that point.

Disabled splash, loads to main menu, but 'Starting Plugins' hangs. Interaction works but unusable.

Compared to default bluewide.

Granted I'm running 1.1a on Win 7 64bit RC so I didn't expect it to work, just hoped.

Ah well..

Update: Got it to work by uninstalling MP and running the xface installer immediately after a fresh install.

Everything seems to works so far, BUT it has much more lag than the default interface. It is usable though.

ProjektC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Habe leider ein Problem mit MyFilms.

1.) Wird kein Icon im Menü angezeigt, für MySeries oder MyTV schon.
    2.) Wenn ich MyFilms anklicke komme ich zwar rein, und er zeigt mir den letzten Film an, den ich mir angeschaut habe, aber MediaPortal schiesst sich sofort ab.

An MP 1.0.2 kann es doch nicht liegen oder ?

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Harley,

Today i upgraded my MP to 1.1 Alpha and installed the 1.9 version of XFace. It works like a charm. Thx for the fixes, petsa. I made some modifications in certain layout to fit my own needs, but the skin really is a beauty. Since I missed a good RSS Ticker and weather info, and I am using the XFace skin for more than a year now, I put some effort in editing the skin files for XFace and make InfoService work with BasicHome, both RSS Ticker and Weather (Twitter is also possible by editing a single line in the xml) are supported in this fixes.

Since I did not want to change the skin layout impressively, I kept it minimal (as you will notice in the screenshots below).

What's supported in BasicHome:
    - RSS Ticker at the bottom (single + all feeds) with navigation (clickable)
    - Weather Today at the top left
    - All functionality in RSS view (fully reworked)

Not (yet) supported in these skin files:
    - 5 day weather view
    - Twitter

Hope the guys, who love the plugin and use XFace, are happy now ;) I definitely am...

*edit*
    Notice: The BasicHome.xml is the one refering to MovingPictures instead of the Movies plugin when entering Videos.

Attachments

• SS-2009.08.19-02.35.00.png
      SS-2009.08.19-02.35.00.png
      663.6 KB
    • SS-2009.08.19-02.35.19.png
      SS-2009.08.19-02.35.19.png
      846.6 KB
    • SS-2009.08.19-02.35.35.png
      SS-2009.08.19-02.35.35.png
      863.4 KB
    • SS-2009.08.19-02.35.46.png
      SS-2009.08.19-02.35.46.png