U

underdog

USA XMLTV for noobs

1. Download

a. Install it, somthing like c:\xmltv

2. Goto start run and type

cmd (enter)
c:\xmltv (enter)
xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --configure (enter)
read and put in the data
eastcoast -0500 GST
get certificate code (goto step 3)
zap2it account name
now password

3. Create an account here
a. (( FINISH STEP 2))

4. now type

xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml (enter)

5. now you have a file in c:\xmltv called tvguide.xml

copy tvguide.xml file in
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv

This would have saved me some time :)
hope it helps..

S

Sk33t3r

Hey! Thanks. I've been wondering how to get this done, just haven't figured out how to ask the questions.

U

underdog

Sk33t3r said:
Hey! Thanks. I've been wondering how to get this done, just haven't figured out how to ask the questions.

Glad it could help!

S

Sk33t3r

Hey! went to zaptoit.com to sign up, but the sign up requires a certificate code. What's that all about? How do I get it.

U

underdog

Sk33t3r said:
Hey! went to zaptoit.com to sign up, but the sign up requires a certificate code. What's that all about? How do I get it.

Thanks for pointing that out, I went back and fixed the steps....

alimk

Portal Member
January 26, 2005
you know, there is another way, you can use the XMLTV Automate, it automatically grabs the xmltv guides straight from zap2it, bypassing everything, jus enter your zip address and it will do the rest (u also have to pick your service provider) but it should work fine, i have tried it and i live in canada, it gave me excellent results, u can pick how many days u want to download the information for, the only problem i have seen is that the XMLTV isnt working in my version of 0.1.0.6.0, it worked fine in 1.0.5.1 :confused: dont know the problem but hey, heres the link for automate xmltv :) http://www.meedio.com/pub/Tools/XMLTV-Automate/

A

Anonymous

underdog said:
USA XMLTV for noobs
This would have saved me some time :)
hope it helps..

Great guide!!! It helped out a lot. It worked fine except I had to "Compensate time zone with -10 hours" to get the right show descriptions for EST. Perhaps that is related to having the "Use time zone information from XMLTV file" checked? It's working nicely right now, thanks! :)

A

Anonymous

xmltv

Hi:

Thanks for the steps..

I get the guide in MyTV and also see the channel in the list but when i click on the channel and want to watch..the channel does not change. What am i doing wrong?
This is driving me crazy.

The channel change works fine in winTV. I am using cable and Hauppauge WinTV-Go card.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Avi

L

Loki047

Hey guys, does anyone have a problem when it comes to entering your password? It wont allow me to enter a password. The login is without a problem..

Are we supposed to just unzip the files in what you link to a folder? Im a little lost.. In case you guys havent noticed. If i havent been clear im sorry its a little late

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom