xmltv not automatically importing TVguide.xml if located on a network drive (1 Viewer)

Nitram

Portal Member
August 11, 2007
In the tvservice U have to change the usersettings because the default account do not have privileges over network shares.

The picture I uploaded was from my work computer, were I don't have the tvserver installed=), so I took any service for the dump... my bad...:sorry: I could have explained that better....

right click on My computer->manage->services and program->services look up tvserver and rightclick->propertis->Log on-> cange from localsystem account to "this account" an write in your normal account and password that have access to the network shares

restart service

DONE

Attachments

• tvservice.JPG
    tvservice.JPG
    30.6 KB

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks. Got that.

Unfortunately that only works for password protected users, which I wanted to avoid on my HTPC.

It remains annoying that it can be done manually without a password, but automatically only wth ...

VdR

bolders

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

I know you dont really want to use a password but have you considered setting a password on your HTPC and then using tweakUI to autologon. I use this and my computer behaves as if no password is set. Just remember if you use standby or screen saver to deselect the option "on resume show welcome screen"

bolders

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's a good thing to mention. Thanks.

I did think of that. I use that approach on my media server. Which automatically shuts down and powers back up every night to save a few hours run time and to keep windows stable. The machine is in the attick and I access it using remote desktop, hence it has to be password protected.

I still didn't want to do this with the HTPC in the living.

I have a temporary solution with the media server (the pc creates the TVguide.xml) pushing the file to the HTPC. Worst case, if the the HTPC is on standby, the push fails and the guide is day behind. I use mc2xml which gives me three weeks of guide so that's no issue.

As soon as I have enough confidence in MP 1.0 I will move the TV tuners and the TVserver to the media server in the attick and then I don't need this anymore.

VdR

Nitram

Portal Member
    August 11, 2007
    Try start->run type "control userpasswords2"

isn't it possible to run the service as another user than the one logged on?

Nitram

(I delete the fixed tag)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom