te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi. @Ministerk

I hope you had nice holiday. No rush, but do you have a plan to check areena siteutil in a near future :) ?
    I'm currently using smartTv app, so there is no hurry, at least for me. A bit WAF factor though, for switching remote
    and starting app

Br,

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Looking at it at the moment, I'm not sure when it's ready and if it's going to have all the features as the latest version.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've published an update for Yle Areena. It does not contain the Yle Archive or the live channels, only the curren on demand content. You can now use search again.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.

Thank You.

Workig pretty good, except subtitles. They do work, but nordic characters are mess. If I remember right preivious version of Areena also had similar issue, and it was corrected by doing utf8 things for downloaded syubtitle file in areenautil.

Br,

EDIT:
    I think cluprit is in GUIOnlinevideos line 2423
    string subs = string.IsNullOrEmpty(playItem.Video.SubtitleText) ? WebCache.Instance.GetWebData(playItem.Video.SubtitleUrl) : playItem.Video.SubtitleText;
    after that subs are tried to write as utf8, but they are still wrong. Allthough "WebCache.Instance.GetWebData" has overrided method for forcing utf8 download. I tested with that
    and then areena subs are displayed okay. I'm just wondering if that can affect other sites that don't need that force. If I remember right from java(which is my main job) uft8 detecting could be tricky. So I have no suggestion how to correct this without possibility to break other sites.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom