YouTube's "Subscriptions->Latest Videos" displays wrong list of videos (1 Viewer)

xfx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2011
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Home Country
Spain Spain
About 5 days ago, the list of "Latest Videos" for the Subscriptions section is displaying a list of "Popular Videos".
I say "Popular Videos", because they all appear as uploaded by a channel(?) named "Popular on YouTube".

Please, let me know if I should post some log file or provide any additional information.

Last edited:

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, it's a hassle I use this feature a lot. I've look at the code to see if I can sort it out, but it will take me some time to get my head around it. So I'm hoping @offbyone can have a look at it soon. Otherwise I'll have to try and have a go at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok I've been looking into this, seems YouTube have removed the ability to do this using their API (Also Watch history and Watch later) at this stage I haven't found an easy way to recreate this function apart from scraping the site and using regex. @offbyone could you offer any help in this regards? YouTube Change log

Last edited:

xfx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2011
    Santiago, Dominican Republic
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Is it me or is Google trying to "force" us to watch YouTube through the browser of through their official (crappy POS) app?
    I'm sure there must be a way to do this (their iOS app does it), without having to rely on a site scrapper, which they can (and probably will) break anytime they want.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I did make a fix for this, a crude one but it does get the videos there. As soon as someone updates offbyones utility it should work. If it's left the way I left it changing the web requests time out to 45sec is a must, only option I had to me was to grab all the new videos at once.

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I did make a fix for this, a crude one but it does get the videos there. As soon as someone updates offbyones utility it should work. If it's left the way I left it changing the web requests time out to 45sec is a must, only option I had to me was to grab all the new videos at once.

Oh sounds cool .. cant wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom