burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: yrWeather Plugin

Please try the new build i added default location and last choosen location

Hi burr , with new version 1.01.1 all fixed and work fine ... thanks ... :)

find 1 more small bug , in error log ... " [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: No translation found for id 103231" i think i know way ...
    as plugin id in xml change from <2600> to <3231> this bring the error massege ... (if keep id 2600 then no error log , but better to keep the id 3231 , as to use yrweather plugin from basic home need the 3231 id , so all skins can use it ... :)

aside from the 3231 error all work as expacted .... i will find time to work on the Defaults skins in a day or 2 .... :D

I have fixed the error, i will wait for feedback on the skin before i release a new version.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi Burr - all is working great for me with v1.0.1 :) Thanks for the multiple locations - all my odd little locations work perfectly. I attached some screenshots of how it looks in aMPed now - 4x3 and 16x9.

Ofc I have a couple requests :p
    1. Is it possible to add weather backdrops related to the weather condition? Weather backdrops are normally stored in the skin ...\Media\animations\Weather folder and have the same file names as the weather icon images. I suspect that might not be easy since you have multiple icons for each time of day, and none for current, but I just thought I would ask. Currently I just use a multi-image control to cycle them all.
    2. The only thing missing for me, is the ability to display even just the location, current temp and weather icon on Home or all screens as you can see I do for World Weather - see the arrow on the 16x9 screenshot. I realize you answered that somewhat previously, and I suspect it is a lot of work to expose the data in skin properties in a background thread. But maybe you know some easy way to do that? :p Again, just thought I would ask
    Thanks for all your great work - it is so nice to be able to have weather in MP again!

Attachments

• yrweather4x3.jpg
      yrweather4x3.jpg
      80.2 KB
    • yrweather16x9.jpg
      yrweather16x9.jpg
      125.8 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

I have fixed the error, i will wait for feedback on the skin before i release a new version.

Hi Burr ,
    skin file's for DefaultWide (16x9) and Default (4x3) for vearsion 1.0.1.1 attached with screenshots... :)

for users that like to use weather backdrops (fanart) i add code in the xml for multiimage ... to use it : make a new folder in ...skin\DefaultWide\Media\animations , rename it : yrweather_BG , drop in side the folder weather backdrops (only jpg formet) as many image as you wont , and they will view/cycle in the skin...

@burr better with new release to update the first post with all new updates... Great work and thanks...:D
    I change the descraption in all code and the order of the code as they view on screen , to mack it easer for skinner to skin there on skin.

@Dadeo nice skining for aMPed skin (in biginnig i was thinking to put icon for temp,wind... like you did ,but i remmenber i do Default's skin ...) nice work ... :)

Last edited:

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi Burr - all is working great for me with v1.0.1 :) Thanks for the multiple locations - all my odd little locations work perfectly. I attached some screenshots of how it looks in aMPed now - 4x3 and 16x9.

Ofc I have a couple requests :p
    1. Is it possible to add weather backdrops related to the weather condition? Weather backdrops are normally stored in the skin ...\Media\animations\Weather folder and have the same file names as the weather icon images. I suspect that might not be easy since you have multiple icons for each time of day, and none for current, but I just thought I would ask. Currently I just use a multi-image control to cycle them all.
    2. The only thing missing for me, is the ability to display even just the location, current temp and weather icon on Home or all screens as you can see I do for World Weather - see the arrow on the 16x9 screenshot. I realize you answered that somewhat previously, and I suspect it is a lot of work to expose the data in skin properties in a background thread. But maybe you know some easy way to do that? :p Again, just thought I would ask
    Thanks for all your great work - it is so nice to be able to have weather in MP again!

I believe its possible to show the current weather in the background but you have to remember that when for example the time is 18:01 the first weather data that will be available is from 00:00 to 06:00 the next day, so it will be the first available data, not the current.

I can't find thoose weather backdrops, i only use the default wide skin?

Can you post the skin files for aMped so i can release it togheter with everything else?

The current weather in Home screen is this something that is only available in aMped?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

I believe its possible to show the current weather in the background but you have to remember that when for example the time is 18:01 the first weather data that will be available is from 00:00 to 06:00 the next day, so it will be the first available data, not the current.

I can't find thoose weather backdrops, i only use the default wide skin?

Can you post the skin files for aMped so i can release it togheter with everything else?

The current weather in Home screen is this something that is only available in aMped?

Hi Burr, some info ....
    1- don't worry abut others skins ,as the devloper of each skin will add to his skin installer the yrWeather xml , others skins use there on style GFX ... you as a plugin devloper only need to add Default's skin to the plugin .
    2-abut the weather in home or basichome all skins use it ,inclode Default's skin ... before all skin was using old weather mp biuld in plugin with the infoservice plugin to view the weather info in home , as biuld in weather plugin not work any more all skins use World Weather plugin to view weather info in home (also default skins) .... and what Dadeo was asking if you can add a propety tag to yrWeather plugin ,then also can use weather info on home screen from yrWeather ....

just a note : skins that alrady use Old vearsion of yrWeather : Freams,streamedmp, Mustayaluca,eMPed . only Freams and eMPed are alrady support the new version rest skins will have to update .... but as i said you do not need to worry abut it , so i think you can realise the new version ....;)

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Please test this build i have added 4 properties
    #yrWeather.temperature
    #yrWeather.precipitation
    #yrWeather.windDir
    #yrWeather.windSpeed

could there be any use of the weathercode as a property, or a path to a weatherimage depending on the weathercode?

note: theese properties is updated each hour and is the first available data, always about 1-6 hours into the future, maybe it's useful to know
    which timeperiod?

Attachments

• yrWeatherPlugin(beta).mpe1
      25.6 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

Hi Burr , o.k some more info ... for globle properties...

A-see screenshot of the properties most skin use :
    1-current icon image.
    2-current location.
    3-current condition.
    4-current temperature.

B-sample of code in skin file (xml),for icon image and location (useing worldweather plugin) :

<control Style="BasicHomeFade">
    <description>Weather image</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>160</posX>
    <posY>5</posY>
    <align>right</align>
    <width>90</width>
    <height>90</height>
    <texture>#WorldWeather.TodayIconImage</texture>
    <visible>plugin.isenabled(World Weather)+control.hasfocus(7)</visible>
    </control>
    <control Style="BasicHomeFade">
    <description>Location</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <width>300</width>
    <posX>260</posX>
    <posY>25</posY>
    <align>left</align>
    <font>font10</font>
    <textcolor>gainsboro</textcolor>
    <label>#WorldWeather.Location</label>
    <visible>plugin.isenabled(World Weather)+control.hasfocus(7)</visible>
    </control>

If you notest the ID is <0> the lable can as you did "#yrWeather.temperature" and the visible code will say <visible>plugin.isenabled(yrWeather)</visible>

I did try your new propteis on basichome screen and they view o.k , but as i know skinning a bit for globle propeteis tags ID need to be 0 so ther will not be same ID in other plugin ... 2 ID in same screen 1 of them will not view ...

so first need the 4 propeteis like in screen ,this are the basic one's ...even some skins will use all 4 ,some skin will use 2 or 3, this is every skin and his style .... for exsample if you look 6 post up in eMPed skin they use only 2 (icon image+temp) , in any case if yrWeather plugin will provide the 4 propeteis ..that will be great ...
    Hope this help you .... :)

Last edited:

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Thanks a lot for a great plugin, especially for us living in Norway!

It may be asked already, but would it be possible to add support for the meteogram (time for time) view and the radar animation for each location as well?

Regards,
    PK

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

It may be asked already, but would it be possible to add support for the meteogram (time for time) view and the radar animation for each location as well?

Regards,
    PK

I have looked into this and it seems to be possible to get this information, radar is only some specific regions
    troms_finnmark, nordland_troms, central_norway, western_norway, southwest_norway, southeast_norway, south_norway, norway and nordic.

The only thing is maybe to show the hour by hour nicely in the skin?

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Regards,
    PK

I have looked into this and it seems to be possible to get this information, radar is only some specific regions
    troms_finnmark, nordland_troms, central_norway, western_norway, southwest_norway, southeast_norway, south_norway, norway and nordic.

The only thing is maybe to show the hour by hour nicely in the skin?

Thanks! Yes, the radar animations are mostly of interest for Norwegians, I see that one :) They could maybe be added as optional "buttons" that could be enabled or disabled trough the config dialog.

The hour-by-hour view/data can, to my knowledge, be fetched as either json, xml, php, JS, or as a pre-rendered static image. Just showing the static image could be sufficient as a start. Of course that approach will not satisfy hard core skin developers, I think :D

Regards,
    PK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom