Zapping, RTSP improvements ( test plz ). (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike13

Portal Pro
October 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Great Work.
With ffdShow as codec for SD-TV it works fine.
Channel change is faster and much smoother, no stuttering.

:D:D

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    sdf,
    your tsreader/mediaportal logs appear as working.....

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    This is a fix for evr ( my be lip sync issues )

But, for those using ReClock, the internal normal delay for audio samples in liveTv ( received to play ) is around 100~200 mS.
    I do not know exactly what ReClock does, but I'm afraid it causes problem in liveTv. This could be solved adding programmable option delay on audio. This will increase channel time change.:rolleyes:

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a fix for evr ( my be lip sync issues )

But, for those using ReClock, the internal normal delay for audio samples in liveTv ( received to play ) is around 100~200 mS.
    I do not know exactly what ReClock does, but I'm afraid it causes problem in liveTv. This could be solved adding programmable option delay on audio. This will increase channel time change.:rolleyes:

Two questions on that tsreader.
    Is it only runninig on evr (as the name states)?
    Is a delay option for audio added? If so how to set it?
    If not I vote for it.

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    grubi

It's a "normal" tsreader. The fix concerns only evr.
    The option doesn't exist .

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @grubi

It's a "normal" tsreader. The fix concerns only evr.
    The option doesn't exist .

Thank's for clarification.
    What do you think about such option?
    Would allow you to compensate hasting sound which is caused by tv postprocessing. Currently I do this with AC3Filter.

Edit:
    ------
    Seems that with this fix I have perfect lipsync at least on Vista for the first time. Did not try it on XP so far but till now I was not able to get A/V in sync neither on XP nor Vista. I have to further invasigatet this.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    does anybody else has problems with fwd / rev while timeshifting live TV on external client? For it jumps suddently to the end instead of the time i selected...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    There you have it. And yes, FFDShow tries to reconnect under a different name (FFDShow Video Decoder 0001) because the first one (FFDShow Video Decoder) won't work.

Most likely ffdshow itself is loading up the 2nd instance when directshow is trying to built the graph as no other MPEG2 decoder is found (loaded) and ffdshow has the highest filter merit on your system.

Blacklisting should be improved so that it won't use the exact filter name.

But you should not blacklist FFDShow in Mediaportal. Maybe this is causing the problem while switching from HD (Cyberlink) to SD (FFDhow). The connection fails in this case (tries to connect to "FFDShow Video Decoder") and then there is only a black screen.

yes, it should be black listed as there are known compatibility issues with current TsReader and ffdshow. Hopefully in the future those can be solved and the blacklisting can be removed.

FFDShow runs without errors and without flicker on my computer setup.

Maybe, but it has still kown issues with TsReader on some environments

Can you give me a modified TSReader.ax without the blacklist code? Perhaps the black screen will be gone with this modification?

Sure, I'll send a PM about that (as curretly we don't want to distribute publicly such TsReader.ax version).

But when testing this specific patch, please use the Ambass provided TsReader binary and non-ffdshow MPEG2 decoder. TsReader and ffdshow compatibility issues will be looked at some point in the future.

Also the ffdshow & TsReader issue should be talked outside this current thread...

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    does anybody else has problems with fwd / rev while timeshifting live TV on external client? For it jumps suddently to the end instead of the time i selected...

I also have problems with Fwd/rew within Mediaportal.

If I rewind and reach the beginning of the timeshift file, Mediaportal freezes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom