Zapping, RTSP improvements ( test plz ). (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is a fix for evr ( my be lip sync issues )

But, for those using ReClock, the internal normal delay for audio samples in liveTv ( received to play ) is around 100~200 mS.
    I do not know exactly what ReClock does, but I'm afraid it causes problem in liveTv. This could be solved adding programmable option delay on audio. This will increase channel time change.:rolleyes:

Hi Ambass,

Just done a quick test with the modified tsReader.ax - not noticed any A/V sync problems so far (using FFDShow audio decoder).

But I have found a problem.... If I accidentally select an encrypted TV channel, MP hangs - I think it's trying to display a 'Yes/No' dialog (in windowed mode, the window title bar indicates this) but the screen is blank and I can't escape from the situation - I have to quit from MP. (I don't have de-cryption software/hardware installed).

Logs attached.

Tony

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    @disaster, mironicus

I've just retried in singleseat and mutiseat, frw to begin of timeshift buffer resarts playing at the beginning...
    ffw to the end coninues liveTv...( also checked with skips to begin/end buffer )

Are you sure all the files are replaced.. ?

Singleseat / mutiseat or both ?

Owlsroost

Tried disabling the CAM, and also with CAM and unsubscribed channels... I got the box message from MP. No hang. Not sure it could be related to the changes.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @disaster, mironicus

I've just retried in singleseat and mutiseat, frw to begin of timeshift buffer resarts playing at the beginning...
    ffw to the end coninues liveTv...( also checked with skips to begin/end buffer )

Are you sure all the files are replaced.. ?

Singleseat / mutiseat or both ?

@Owlsroost

Tried disabling the CAM, and also with CAM and unsubscribed channels... I got the box message from MP. No hang. Not sure it could be related to the changes.

I also get the message box even if screen is drawn black.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    @Owlsroost

Just reverted back to standard 21720 - it does the same thing, so it's not related to the changes.

I've done some more testing - if I allow the encrypted channels to be shown in the TV Guide, it behaves correctly (shows the dialog etc). Previously I had the encrypted channels un-ticked in the 'TV Channels' section of the TV-server configuration, so they could not be selected from the guide, but could be selected by typing in the channel number - this resulted in the no-dialog problem.

Tony

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ambass
    i'll try to reproduce this with again and write a detailed report. At the moment i'm using the version you send me not the one which includes the EVR fix but this is not related - i think.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Just found another problem.....

I have a twin-tuner DVB-T setup.

If MP is recording from a channel, and I then skip between viewing a channel on a different DVB-T 'mux' and one on the same (as the recording) DVB-T 'mux', the TV-server doesn't appear to delete/re-use the timeshift buffer files for the tuner being used for the recording - it keeps creating new ones (until the small 256MB ramdisk I use for timeshifting runs out of space, when the 'live' TV just freezes). It looks like all of the 'sets' of timeshift files are being actually being updated (the file modification times stay in step).

Logs and screenshot of the timeshift disk files attached.

Tony

Attachments

• timeshift2.jpg
      timeshift2.jpg
      101.7 KB

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    does anybody else has problems with fwd / rev while timeshifting live TV on external client? For it jumps suddently to the end instead of the time i selected...

I also have problems with Fwd/rew within Mediaportal.

If I rewind and reach the beginning of the timeshift file, Mediaportal freezes.

Yes I'm having too..
    This is a multiseat configuration.. If I Skip fwd or back MP freezes (log atached) and also FWD/REW has the same problem
    Channel change is ESPECTACULAR HOW FAST IS NOW!!! especialy from one card to another, AMBAS GREAT JOB!!

Iosu

Bernardo71

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2008
    it is very difficult....

...to follow the thread....

Is there any posibility to launch it with the "best of" content ?

I am just searching for a solution for the "black screen symptoms on DVB card change"...

Can someone point me to the right area please?

I am completely lost here.

Thanks for your guidance in advance.

B71

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Just found another problem.....

Not related to this patch in any way. Please keep this thread clean and report only the issues noticed with this patch (always do a test run with the clean environment before reporting issue(s)).

Bug report posted at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-303/problem-timeshift-files-mutiplying-channel-change-55348/

Ambass - this patch is overall very good - fast channel changing & AV sync issues fixed - thanks for all the hard work :)

Tony

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom