Zoom mode change does not work? (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I was having this issue as well I think. TV was stretched to 16:9 for unknown reasons, and was driving me nuts. For me, the cause was under the TV prefs in Configuration, the MPEG2 video decoder being set to MPV Decoder Filter. DScaler, ffdshow, AverMedia, etc when used all show 4:3 TV normally when on the Normal zoom mode... MPV shows it stretched to 16:9 in Normal mode.

Yep, MPV is known to have aspect ration bug.

Wintermute42

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2006
    Start mediaportal (not the configuration.exe) go to settings - screen settings

I have "Screen set-up", then I can choose between "UI Calibration", "Screen Calib." and "Scroll Speed".
    No what do I choose and what do I exactly do there? ;)

Yep, MPV is known to have aspect ration bug.
    I'm not using MPV, well at least that is what the MP config says. I can choose for MPG2 between "ffdshow raw video filter", "ffdshow Video Decoder", "ffdshow subtitles filter" and "MPV Decoder Filter".
    But all this has no effect to the aspect ratio problem here.

Well, looking at the logs, I might not be using ffdshow at all:

2008-04-23 19:09:31.078125 [ERROR][MPMain]: failed:unable to add filter:ffdshow Video Decoder to graph
    2008-04-23 19:09:31.078125 [ERROR][MPMain]: failed filter:ffdshow Video Decoder not found

What might be the problem here?

*edit*
    Ok, this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc1-svn-builds-270/video-codec-selection-has-no-effect-38390/ was the real problem, its working now for me with dscaler.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have "Screen set-up", then I can choose between "UI Calibration", "Screen Calib." and "Scroll Speed".
    No what do I choose and what do I exactly do there?

Well if you have not changed anything there, there is nothing to change back.

FFDShow is not a mpeg2 codec.

panic

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Changing the mpeg2 codec to powerdvd 7 fixed the issue for me.

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2007
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can confirm too

Had the same problem with the MPV codec. I was using MPV fine in MP 0.2.3.0 but when I switched over to 1.0 it started stretching 4:3 recordings to 16:9.

My wife actually is the one who noticed it as she was watching "The Bachelor". Her exact words were "See something IS wrong, this girl used to be skinny but now she is fat"

Switching to the Nvidia Codec fixed the problem. Now 4:3 recordings have the side bar.

Hamsterkill

Portal Member
    April 26, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I seem to have this problem no matter what the video codec I use is. I have to use "Stretch" to make 4:3 look right.

ElGenerale

May 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had this problem as well. It occured on both the MPV and ffdshow decoders. However, I only had this problem with TS recordings - MPEG recordings behaved properly zoom-wise.

The PowerDVD8 decoder fixed the zoom problem, but caused the screen to flicker when the video was playing in a preview window (like on the My TV menu). PowerDVD7 and PP video decoder did the same. Then I tried Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder, which fixed the zoom problem and didn't cause the screen flicker. I'm sure I'll find something wrong with it soon, but for now it seems to work.

Hope this helps track down the problem(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom