zoom mode - xp - how to fix? (1 Viewer)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Ive just gone back to XP from vista because of a couple of issues I was having with Vista, using StreamedMP as the skin with both os's.

One of the things Ive noticed about XP (again) is the zoom mode doesnt work as well as in vista.

In Vista with Streamed MP I can hit the ZOOM button and it just flicks between different modes, so its easy to get the right aspect ratio for different videos.

In XP, this screen comes up (attached), and I have to hit zoom - (screenshot) 'escape' - 'zoom' - 'escape' - etc, which is a bit annoying

Is there a way to get the zoom working without this screen popping up each time?

(system specs on l/h side)

Attachments

• zoom-mode-xp-screen.jpg
      zoom-mode-xp-screen.jpg
      160.9 KB

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    I think it's not skins issue. First, does only happen in video window or it happens also in LiveTV; only in StreamedMP? The next question is what happened when you hit "s" on your keyboard, if you get also the teletext window? If zoom is working with "s" properly, it must be the remote configuration, (MP configuration - remote -mapping).

Losttown

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's teletext related, does this only happen in TV, I know you reported this previously and to be straight, was baffled by it.

think losttown has the right idea, blue button is acting as teletext not zoom.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    thanks Losttown, Paranoid~

You were right. It was the remote config. I have lc-20 silverstone with Imon remote and had used this setup guide
    MediaPortal - Setup guide for Silverstone LC16M Case | iMon Remote Setup, iMon VFD Setup, iMon Front Button Hack

Interestingly, it maps S to 'teletext' in the shortcut'r config. No idea why. But because of this mapping, it affected the keyboard function as well.

The xp/vista thing was a red-herring. When I had installed in Vista I was short on time so only set up the buttons I use in shortcut'r - which is why the problem didnt occur with that OS.

Anyway, this problem has been bugging me since my first install and its great to have it resolved. Thanks guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom