Zotac AD10 - in case anyone is interested (3 Viewers)

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Zotac AD10 - in case anyone is interested

thank you, i looked into it and it might be odd to say, but i dont like those mini HTPCs standing up
i also ran into the VD 01 with an spdif, but it seems its 1.2 ghz CPU is to low for full hd via 1000mbit network.

guess i will have to wait for zotac, to come up with a nano version from the specs of the ad10 / E350 and a digital out spdif then

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If it helps the AD02 has an E-350 dual core 1.6 ghz cpu, and the AD04 has an E-450 dual core 1.65 ghz cpu.
    ...plus I think you'll be allowed to lay it flat :)

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

thank you all for the suggestions, i ll deeply think about it.
    you know how the tech nerds cant wait to get it into their thingers.. ;-)

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, the AD10 already has an optical out? Sorry if that already been answered, didn't have time reading through the whole thread.
    Anyway I'm really happy with my AD10. I'm only using hdmi for My audio - haven't tried the optical out.

sim1964

Portal Pro
    June 23, 2006
    UK
    How about the Zotac AD-02 that has optical out.
    I have one and it plays 1080p no problem using SAF unlocked codec.

Sim

oops sorry see this has already been suggested

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Well, the AD10 already has an optical out? Sorry if that already been answered, didn't have time reading through the whole thread.
    Anyway I'm really happy with my AD10. I'm only using hdmi for My audio - haven't tried the optical out.

as far as i know, it has no optical / digital audio out.
    or am i really blind?
    http://gadgetsin.com/uploads/2011/09/zotac_zbox_nano_ad10_plus_mini_pc_5.jpg
    http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/zotac_ad10_03.jpg

@zotac ad 02: yes its either going to be the ad02, or - if i can hold on to - i resist and wait for the next generation of the nanos

regards ;)

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Sorry, but that sounds like you are saying it has an optical out. It doesn't. On the back are:
    2 USB 2, 2 USB 3, esata, display port, hdmi, ethernet, power, Wifi aerial screw, and a Kensington lock (why?!)
    Ben

Oops sorry, Loadme. Overlapped. Pictures are better!

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I was looking at the AD10 and other Zotacs and the Foxconn, but just saw the MSI Windbox DC100 on Amazon with a Windows 7 HP license for £259.99, seemed like a deal, and its the newer E-450, so have one on order!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-DC100-0...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1327658847&sr=1-1

With the Zbox at around £200 with no windows license or RAM/HD and the older E-350, this seemed like a good deal.

Review will be posted in a couple of weeks once I get internet at home (just moved) and sort it all out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom