General Support (194 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
Works for me now again after a fresh reinstallation. Removed the folder.
Works for me now again after a fresh reinstallation. Removed the folder.
Hi, I've upgraded to 0.2.0 RC2 and now the trailer plugin won't function anymore. It shows the options on the left but no info...
Replies
Views
Worth mentioning is that I use a laptop with resolution 1680 * 1050 if that can cause a problem!?
Worth mentioning is that I use a laptop with resolution 1680 * 1050 if that can cause a problem!?
Hi I have a Avermedia AverTV USB 2.0 card, I user their default driver with driver date 2004-01-08 (driver version 2.2.0.0). As...
Replies
Views
We downloadad a new driver from technisat and now it works! Thanks anyway
We downloadad a new driver from technisat and now it works! Thanks anyway
Hey guys, I'm using Mediaportal by myself with a cable-tuner and it works perfect. Now I did set up a box for a friend which...
Replies
Views
Actually No. VMR7 is newer technology created by ms to overcome the limitations of Overlay but it did a p*ss poor job at it. VMR9 is a vast improvement over VMR7 and overlay as well. VMR9 being newer technology requires newer video cards. Overlay on the other hand is 100% compatible with all (yes all) video cards that have windows...
Actually No. VMR7 is newer technology created by ms to overcome the limitations of Overlay but it did a p*ss poor job at it. VMR9...
Hello. Ive been out of the scene for a while but thought id bring up some issues. I am always using the latest CVS versions and...
Replies
Views
No it won't work unless someone programmes it to work or you use a third-part app to take IR signal and convert that in MP keys. DMAN
No it won't work unless someone programmes it to work or you use a third-part app to take IR signal and convert that in MP keys...
can msi fx5200-tdr128 bundled remote control work with media portal? i tried to play with the option but it doesn't work..anybody...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.80GHz Memory: 2 GB...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Uninstall RC1 completely before installing RC2 (you have to delete the Mediaportal directory). I would back up the RC1 directory first before doing anything. Remember you can export your TV setup in the config program and reimport into the new version (Television->TV Channels->Backup).
Uninstall RC1 completely before installing RC2 (you have to delete the Mediaportal directory). I would back up the RC1 directory...
After upgrade from RC1 to RC2, MP crashes on startup. This is my log: 2005-12-28 14:45:26 Mediaportal is starting up...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a MSI tv anywhere master tv-tuner. I installed the latest drivers and msipvs with intervideo winCinema manager. It works with msipvs and vlc mediaplayer, but not with mediaportal rc2. I get this from error log: 12/29/2005 3:25:40 PM Exception while loading ISetupForm instances...
Hello. I have a MSI tv anywhere master tv-tuner. I installed the latest drivers and msipvs with intervideo winCinema manager...
Hello. I have a MSI tv anywhere master tv-tuner. I installed the latest drivers and msipvs with intervideo winCinema manager...
Replies
Views
hi, i just installed the new 1.3 version, after using 1.1 for a long time... i was very happy when i saw the remote support for my 45 button remote, but it just wont work... if i have the hauppauge ir-taskbar utility running, and rum MP, it just crashes the hauppauge software, und brings an error "failes to initialate..."...
hi, i just installed the new 1.3 version, after using 1.1 for a long time... i was very happy when i saw the remote support for...
hi, i just installed the new 1.3 version, after using 1.1 for a long time... i was very happy when i saw the remote support for...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 "Double Clicks" with Hauppauge remote (2 Viewers) DE
Ok, i understand. Have a nice holiday, enjoy !
Ok, i understand. Have a nice holiday, enjoy !
Hi folks, MP Version: 0.2. RC1 (same with 0.1.3...) Skin: MCE Windows Version: XP MCE CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3100+ Memory...
Replies
Views
Well just to cap this off, i got mediaportal working fairly stable by switching back to version 0.1.3. The issue didn't appear to be with any external software but with the Mediaportal TV database files. I found that everytime I got the "This card does not support auto tune" message I could delete the tv database and then go back into...
Well just to cap this off, i got mediaportal working fairly stable by switching back to version 0.1.3. The issue didn't appear to...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2.0 RC2 Skin: MCE Windows Version: XP Pro CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Memory: 512Mb...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I try to watch movies through media portal (Divx, xvid, avi) but after a while i get a fatal windows error about a memory exeption. The computer then restarts itself. Changing the codecs doesnt seem to work. Now if i watch the same movie in another player (outside media portal) it runs perfectly. Also when i look in...
Hi there, I try to watch movies through media portal (Divx, xvid, avi) but after a while i get a fatal windows error about a...
Hi there, I try to watch movies through media portal (Divx, xvid, avi) but after a while i get a fatal windows error about a...
Replies
Views
Ok, here's what happened, (and what I did) I couldn't seem to get it going, and was using gbpvr, and wasn't happy with it, and knew that media portal would be waaaay more along the lines of what I was looking for... i had to upgrade a hdd, so i just did a clean install of everything, got the xmltv going before setup the...
Ok, here's what happened, (and what I did) I couldn't seem to get it going, and was using gbpvr, and wasn't happy with it...
Hey guys... I am new here (hi, I'm Tim) and also new to this whole PVR business.... here's my issue.... I have been...
Replies
Views
Terratec Cinergy 2400i + WinFast DTV1000T ..looking fwd Hi guys at the dev.team, I am having the same question regarding plans/timing for supporting new DVB-T cards such as the Cinergy 2400i as well as the Leadek WinFast DTV1000 T. They both look pretty nice cards. I freeze any purchase before ensuring that they will be soon...
Terratec Cinergy 2400i + WinFast DTV1000T ..looking fwd Hi guys at the dev.team, I am having the same question regarding...
Hey, I wondered if anyone had managed to get hold of a Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT card and test it out with MediaPortal. I'm...
Replies
Views
thx for all the help ppl im going to try out the 9250 to c if it works out for me ..
thx for all the help ppl im going to try out the 9250 to c if it works out for me ..
Hi, Is this card good enough to view MP on my tv out without any lag ? link...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few questions about dual tuner setups and was hoping one of you can help. I own an ati aiw 8500 and I am toying with the idea of buying a hardware mpeg tuner card. I know technically that mp doesn't support software based cards in a dual tuner setup, but is there a way where I can watch live tv with the aiw and...
Hi, I have a few questions about dual tuner setups and was hoping one of you can help. I own an ati aiw 8500 and I am toying...
Hi, I have a few questions about dual tuner setups and was hoping one of you can help. I own an ati aiw 8500 and I am toying...
Replies
Views
There is no support any longer for tuners without hardware encoding.
There is no support any longer for tuners without hardware encoding.
Will pinnacle PCTV stereo + remote. work with MediaPortal?
Replies
Views
go get the beta drivers from the hauppage website... .it will likely fix your problem
go get the beta drivers from the hauppage website... .it will likely fix your problem
I have recently purchased a Hauppauge PVR-150. I can see tv through MP but cannot get any audio. If i watch tv through the wintv...
Replies
Views
What? Most countries use PAL, followed by SECAM (which is nearly identical to PAL). Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NTSC-PAL-SECAM.png
What? Most countries use PAL, followed by SECAM (which is nearly identical to PAL). Take a look...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
A
Hi I thought i would just comment on the issues i have with my setup. I have MP on a laptop and using a large CRT monitor for the output. My laptop wont make the CRt the primary display in dual mode (this is normal supposidly) so this rules out the option suggested above. Also using the clone option and 'full screen video' mode...
Hi I thought i would just comment on the issues i have with my setup. I have MP on a laptop and using a large CRT monitor for the...
I'm running mediaportal on my desktop computer, with a Radeon 9800 pro card. I'd like to run mediaportal fullscreen on my TV...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Thank You! that solved my problem. I guess I need to run that update after each time I modify the mp3 tags in WMP. I thought/assumed that it read the tags each time Media Portal was loaded, but I guess it only reads them the very first time, unlss you run the update database. Thanks!
Thank You! that solved my problem. I guess I need to run that update after each time I modify the mp3 tags in WMP. I...
I have some mp3s, and WMP 10, shows Artist, Song name, album filled in, and the filename is named the track name. So for example...
Replies
Views
Thanks P.D., in fact another problem I have is that after the reinstallation of XP, the first setup of MP crashed it, while the normal setup worked fine. So I was wondering why, but your reply tells me I'm not alone. I just wonder now why has not been reported anywhere in the MP site,afaik. Thanks again Cristiano
Thanks P.D., in fact another problem I have is that after the reinstallation of XP, the first setup of MP crashed it, while the...
I'm going to reinstall XP on my HTPC, and I'm not sure on which driver level to usel for my FlyDVB-T. On the Lifeview site the...
Replies
Views
The poor poor coverart, once you're ready with it... Try Mediaportal Setup, Goto movie, expand the node and goto database. There you can select the relevant movie in the first tab. The last tab will handle your cover art. I have no experience with deleting it, but removing the url and pressing "save" might help.
The poor poor coverart, once you're ready with it... Try Mediaportal Setup, Goto movie, expand the node and goto database. There...
I had all my DVD cover art sorted out. Then I clicked info for War of the Worlds, and now the inferior IMDB/Amazon image is used...
Replies
Views
Yes Hello and welcome on board MP can do all want you wants (on your List). First post you Hard- and Softwareconfiguration. :?: Then your MP-Settings :?: And then look on this page http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/manual:toc And if you have after all this steps any questions come Back and we can help you.
Yes Hello and welcome on board MP can do all want you wants (on your List). First post you Hard- and...
First id like to thank the developers of his grat peice of software. Since MCE had been i had always liked the idea of them, but...
Replies
Views
the XP is software based and wont work the Expert is hardware based an *MAY* work ... a hardware option like a hauppage MCE type card is a definite O.K.
the XP is software based and wont work the Expert is hardware based an *MAY* work ... a hardware option like a hauppage MCE...
Ok, i am looking at these cards: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122221...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Output to TV DE
Or another sollution is to set the TV as the primary device. Then the video on you pc will be black and the TV shows your video. First you will need to connect a TV before you can clone it. In the latest drivers of Nvidia you can force a TV signal.
Or another sollution is to set the TV as the primary device. Then the video on you pc will be black and the TV shows your video...
I alredy added this topic in another forum with no answer, so, i'm trying here: a) My PC is in my bedroom and the TV in the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 no song title shown DE
Hi, Try newest CVS. RC2 has a bug related to music views. CVoolHammer
Hi, Try newest CVS. RC2 has a bug related to music views. CVoolHammer
Area: Media Portal Progrogram MP Version: 0.2RC2 Skin: MCE Windows Version: XP_SP2 CPU Type: Pentium III 1GHz Memory...
Replies
Views
well without telling us what your card is ..we cant help also....software based tv tuners/videoin-video-out devices are no longer supported only DVB cards or a hardware based analogue cards work
well without telling us what your card is ..we cant help also....software based tv tuners/videoin-video-out devices are no...
Hi, since a while I try to get more familiar with MEDIA PORTAL and it's really brilliant. I could fix a lot "problems"...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: CyberLink Audio Decoder Video Codec: CyberLink Video/SP Decoder CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2800+ Memory: 512 MB...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
I can´t get any sound when I´m looking on tv, but it works when i record I don´t have the internal audio cable, because I don´t have any connection on my audio card, or on mother board The sound works with DScaler, but not with MediaPortal or Pinnacla PCTV Vision Edit: I made my self a special cable Tv-card OUT ->...
I can´t get any sound when I´m looking on tv, but it works when i record I don´t have the internal audio cable, because I...
I can´t get any sound when I´m looking on tv, but it works when i record I don´t have the internal audio cable, because I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom