General Support (178 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
WILL LOVE YOU LONG TIME IF YOU HELP! Sorry, I forgot to post this (I'm new at this)... Area: Media Portal Hardware MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder...
WILL LOVE YOU LONG TIME IF YOU HELP! Sorry, I forgot to post this (I'm new at this)... Area: Media Portal Hardware MediaPortal...
I have been configuring MP and setting up my PVR for about 6 weeks now and I finally am able to capture the output of my set-top...
Replies
Views
D'Oh, O didn't even think to mention those settings, sorry :) Funny aobout SBS. I don't get it with MCE or MP. I've even added the channels manually and no luck. I just resolved myself to the fact that SBS is for live TV only...
D'Oh, O didn't even think to mention those settings, sorry :) Funny aobout SBS. I don't get it with MCE or MP. I've even added...
Area: My TV MP Version: Release Candidate 2 Skin: The new Xmas skin Windows Version: Media Centre 2005, fully updated. CPU...
Replies
Views
Problem fixed in 2.0RC2 Today installed 2.0RC2.. problem is fixed. EPG is running fine again.
Problem fixed in 2.0RC2 Today installed 2.0RC2.. problem is fixed. EPG is running fine again.
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-12-14) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
21/12/2005 22.24.16 selected General H/W encoding card bda:False mce:False mpeg2:True 21/12/2005 22.24.41 dvbs-scan:Opening D:\Programmi\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Tuningparameters\7degreesEast.tpl 21/12/2005 22.24.41 dvbs-scan:loaded:16 transponders 21/12/2005 22.24.41 dvbs-scan:tune transponder:0 freq:10873000 KHz...
21/12/2005 22.24.16 selected General H/W encoding card bda:False mce:False mpeg2:True 21/12/2005 22.24.41 dvbs-scan:Opening...
hello, i'm from Italy, I have this problem: I have tried all the versions of mp, but with nobody of these my ss2 usb is...
Replies
Views
Anyone...?
Anyone...?
I have a Fusion 5 Gold card that I am trying to get working as a QAM tuner without having to use the Dvico software that came with...
Replies
Views
Hi Knut. Thanks for that. I eventually found the help pages for my card after much messing about. Is all good now. Shame the global region and format settings don't apply to the channel lists as well...
Hi Knut. Thanks for that. I eventually found the help pages for my card after much messing about. Is all good now. Shame the global...
Gidday everyone. I have a TUL (Powercolor) ATI Theatre 500 Pro tv tuner which suffers a strange problem when tuning New Zealand FTA...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 IMDB Info DE
Well Flip, From the looks of this post it appears someone has the developing muscle to help out with offloading some of the IMDB work. Maybe more developers should talk with jmpiulachs about his idea? Mike
Well Flip, From the looks of this post it appears someone has the developing muscle to help out with offloading some of the...
MediaPortal and the IMDB info thingie are both excellent (and it saves me having to get out of bed :P) but my girlfriend and I were...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DBT Tuning in Spain DE
You are using the config wizard and it does not work for me also. Just skip the scanning part here. After the config is finished, click set up again, go to TV, Capture cards, edit the card and autotune here. Then the channels will be founded ( at least it worked for me) Do not forget to edit the file mentioned (tunning...
You are using the config wizard and it does not work for me also. Just skip the scanning part here. After the config is...
Hi , I'm trying to tune dbt channels with mediaportal without luck. Using the configuration wizard I select "europe all...
Replies
Views
Hi, there is a small workaround. See discussions here and following links: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11556&highlight=channel Flip.
Hi, there is a small workaround. See discussions here and following links...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Hi Frodo, thanks for clearing that out. I don't remember having to delete packed*.xml in older versions, I didn't even know they were generated by MP! Since you're here, I've a simple suggestion for a skin auto-refresh: if the texture manager has to load every (or most of the) xml and png files upon startup, what if it also stored...
Hi Frodo, thanks for clearing that out. I don't remember having to delete packed*.xml in older versions, I didn't even know they...
AFAIK, if you're working on a new skin or changing an existing one, you have to remove the packedgfx*.png files so MediaPortal can...
Replies
Views
A
just to update ppl MediaPortal 0.2RC2 is compatible on Windows XP Pro x64 :) smirnuff(who is no longer in team-mp) fixed that ...the code instead of using *any PCU* whilst compiling, now uses *x86* ...and as Windows xp pro x64 can emulate x86 code..it works a treat now :) enjoy :)
just to update ppl MediaPortal 0.2RC2 is compatible on Windows XP Pro x64 :) smirnuff(who is no longer in team-mp) fixed that...
Are there any issues with using a 64 bit processor? Will it improve any performance? From the faster ram maybe? Thanks
Replies
Views
I still having problem using the setup wizard in the program, it will crash during the scanning of tv channel if I have the mouse cursor on the up/down arrow, or during the setting of the EPG
I still having problem using the setup wizard in the program, it will crash during the scanning of tv channel if I have the mouse...
I have install the new RC2.0 release, however during the setup wizard, it doesn't seems to be able to pick up any prorgam from...
Replies
Views
Hi ! Problem solved since I install Windows SP2 ( I was a bit anxious with it ...) Have a good day :wink:
Hi ! Problem solved since I install Windows SP2 ( I was a bit anxious with it ...) Have a good day :wink:
Hi guys :wink: I have install the new RC2.0 release but MP crashes when I try to read DTS videos. It works fine with Dolby...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RC2 problems (1 Viewer) DE
Hi, I just installed the rc2 and had a few problems. 1. The DVR-MS convert is no longer in the myburner. 2. Suddenly it uses all available cpu and i have to end mediaportal via task manager. 3. Mediaportal does not shut down after 10 minutes of inactivity as in 1.3. Plus a few other minor bugs. I am running on a ASUS...
Hi, I just installed the rc2 and had a few problems. 1. The DVR-MS convert is no longer in the myburner. 2. Suddenly it...
Hi, I just installed the rc2 and had a few problems. 1. The DVR-MS convert is no longer in the myburner. 2. Suddenly it...
Replies
Views
Hey, thanks for your message. I did get the card to work for tv and am working on fine tuning the options for it. I can't pause tv yet, but I will keep working on it. I am trying to see if I can make it all work so I don't have to buy a new card. I really want to but the ease of use for family is the main thing. I have heard it...
Hey, thanks for your message. I did get the card to work for tv and am working on fine tuning the options for it. I can't pause...
I have a Hauppauge WINTV401 PCI Interface TV/FM Tuner Card and can't seem to find any suggested way to make it work for live tv, it...
Replies
Views
Hi Callifo, thanks that did it. Was experimenting with "Vertical Scroll Speed", but didn't think that it would be the Maximum fps parm.
Hi Callifo, thanks that did it. Was experimenting with "Vertical Scroll Speed", but didn't think that it would be the Maximum...
Hi Guys, is there a way to lower the speed of the sliding menus in the Home screen? It scrolls like hell. I have a touch...
Replies
Views
This should help: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8570
This should help: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8570
Hello, i see that some people success to play to mame by MP with their gamepad. I don't success that :'( :'( When i launch a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MyTV: Sync problems DE
Have you tried installing the latest version of ffdshow? It's sorted out my sync problems (so far at any rate). http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=53761
Have you tried installing the latest version of ffdshow? It's sorted out my sync problems (so far at any rate)...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
System Developers Kit (SDK) & Reference Design Documenta ON THIS PAGE is where you can request a SDK from Plextor, but I suspect that again, it is the Linux SDK that they are talking about (the Windows version seems to be an internal SDK for partners only, unlike Linux GPL). I Quote: "Article ID. M402U0027 How can software...
System Developers Kit (SDK) & Reference Design Documenta ON THIS PAGE is where you can request a SDK from Plextor, but I...
There are several supposed HW MPEG4 encoders currently available. For a concise summary of currently available VI (analogue) HW...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: RC 0.2.01 Skin:blue two Windows Version: xp sp2 CPU Type: amd 2400 Memory: 512 Motherboard Chipset: asus Video Card: radeon 9600 Video Card Driver: ati2dvag.dll, v.6.14.10.6490 Video Render Type: VMR9 Video Codec Type & Version: dscaler, Audio Codec Type & Version: dscaler, TV Card...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: RC 0.2.01 Skin:blue two Windows Version: xp sp2 CPU Type: amd 2400 Memory: 512...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: RC 0.2.01 Skin:blue two Windows Version: xp sp2 CPU Type: amd 2400 Memory: 512...
Replies
Views
Check that the devID for your card matches the one in that xml blurb you posted. You can find the devID in the device manager for your card.
Check that the devID for your card matches the one in that xml blurb you posted. You can find the devID in the device manager...
Hi It appears that AverTV M150 MCE is not working with RC2. It actually wasn't working with RC1 either, but I figured there were...
Replies
Views
Got the same problem here.... can't seem to find anything related in xml files also.... Hoping for an answer for you and me :D
Got the same problem here.... can't seem to find anything related in xml files also.... Hoping for an answer for you and me :D
I have these nice buttons on my remote for TV, Radio, music etc. But I cant find any keyboard shortcuts that instructs MP to jump...
Replies
Views
You really can't screw it up as there is a button to return all settings to default. Hit the link below and get the uberOptions patch for the Setpoint software that comes with the mouse. Follow the directions in the thread. The patch will let you change the Media button app and a lot more...
You really can't screw it up as there is a button to return all settings to default. Hit the link below and get the uberOptions...
Hi, I'm a real newbie to MPE and MCE and I don't have time to do a thorough search, but I already did a quick one (so sorry if this...
Replies
Views
MP Version: Problem in both 0.2.0RC2 and 0.1.3.0 Windows Version: XP ProSP2 CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3000 Memory: 512Mb Motherboard Chipset: ASUS Video Card: Radeon Sapphire 9600 (running standard MSXP driver, as bug in Radeon/ATI driver for 1280x768 resolution) TV Card 1: ADS InstantTV DVB-T TV Card 2: ADS InstantTV DVB-T...
MP Version: Problem in both 0.2.0RC2 and 0.1.3.0 Windows Version: XP ProSP2 CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3000 Memory: 512Mb...
MP Version: Problem in both 0.2.0RC2 and 0.1.3.0 Windows Version: XP ProSP2 CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3000 Memory: 512Mb...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is there anyway to have the power button on the hauppage remote, rather than close the application, bring a menu asking whether you want to shutdown, standby, hibernate, restart mediaportal, etc? Thanks
Hi, Is there anyway to have the power button on the hauppage remote, rather than close the application, bring a menu asking...
Hi, Is there anyway to have the power button on the hauppage remote, rather than close the application, bring a menu asking...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Adjusting GUI DE
Edit the settings for the HOME plugin, you can define your own menu structure there or use the default Home + My Plugins.
Edit the settings for the HOME plugin, you can define your own menu structure there or use the default Home + My Plugins.
Already searched for this but can't find an answer. Is it possible to remove several items from the MP (rc2) gui (like dvd and...
Replies
Views
i think I used a erlier... bu then changed and it worked again =) strange... /BigAl
i think I used a erlier... bu then changed and it worked again =) strange... /BigAl
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-11-06) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Do you mean the analogue or dvb-t portion of the card? The analogue portion relies on a software encoder so it is not supported. It may work but there isnt any work being done on it.
Do you mean the analogue or dvb-t portion of the card? The analogue portion relies on a software encoder so it is not supported. It...
The settings in MediaPortal does not enable the internal sound (which I believe is transmitted via the PCI bus). Does anyone know...
Replies
Views
Same problem here - tried the GUI wizard and the standard config but couldn't get it to load any channels. It said it found them, but they didn't seem to 'take' I went back to RC1 (12-7 CVS) for the time being. MP Version: 0.2 RC1, 12-20 CVS Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XP SP2 plus recommended patches CPU Type: Intel P4...
Same problem here - tried the GUI wizard and the standard config but couldn't get it to load any channels. It said it found them...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
I don't know if this is acceptable for you or if it would even work, but I found that files encoded with x264 + he-aac in a MP4 container played fine from Windows Media Player, and played fine in MediaPlayerClassic, both on the machine I encoded them on and on my MediaPortal machine. But when viewing the .mp4 files from...
I don't know if this is acceptable for you or if it would even work, but I found that files encoded with x264 + he-aac in a MP4...
can media portal find and play h2.64 movies? I put them in the proper folder by MP can't find them? Solution? Thanks :)
Replies
Views
Top Bottom