catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Google Calendars Plugin

Yes, all those files are there - verified three times. Your Google.GData.Client.dll has version 1.4.x, my MP install wants 1.3.1., seems the original was overwritten. I don´t know which plugin needs the 1.3.1 version, because I can´t enter plugins any more. And mediaportal.xml has no hints which plugin is affected...

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Catavolt - it sounds like its a conflict with another plugin that is using an earlier version of the Google Data API's. The only way around this is to install the assemblies to the GAC (GLobal Assembly Cache). I just verified that they are strong-named, and can be added to the GAC. To do so:
    1) open up a new Windows Explorer window.
    2) browse to the C:\Windows\Assembly folder.
    3) drag and drop all of the v1.4.x Google.GData.xxx.dll's from the MP folder to the C:\Windows\Assembly folder.

I'm not for sure how to proceed with this, as I don't believe the MPE Installer has the capability to install to the GAC. I guess I could write an MSI installer to install everything, but I wanted to go the MPEI route as it seems that's what most plugins install with. Please keep in mind that I'm fairly new to MP as well, so any advice you can offer would be great.

Any idea what plugin is using the old Google GData API version? Any chance of contacting the author to have them upgrade?

Forgot to mention - older versions of the Google GData API can be found here:

Downloads - google-gdata - .NET library for the Google Data API - Google Project Hosting

Download the v1.3.1 version and copy the assembly dll's to the MP base folder after uninstalling the Google Calendar plugin. This should get you back up and running.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

If I´d knew which other plugin uses the old version I´d have deinstalled it already ;)
    BTW: No need to put the files into assembly folder. Should work fine from within MP program path (used by nearly all plugins).

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    understood. I guess my point is that I should probably install the Google GData API's into the GAC, as multiple versions can exist in a "side by side" configuration. I believe that only 1 version can be installed in the MP directory, as only the GAC supports multiple strong-named assemblies, as long as they have different assembly versions.

This would allow multiple plugins that use the Google Data API to co-exist.

Also forgot to mention, you might want to hold off on the integration into PureVision as I am changing some of my naming standards. As I mentioned before, I'm kind of new to the MP environment though I have been programming in .NET for quite awhile now (2003+). I'm in the process of adding the requested "Add Event" functionality, and am thinking about the "merged calendar events concept.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Then once more supported e.g. Calendar Rainlendar or Outlook?

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    I finally had a chance this week to get back to the Google Calendar plugin. Here are the changes that I made, as well as a new MSI installer executable.

Changes:
    - added "Add Event" function to add new calendar events.
    - added more "Range" choices - Tomorrow, Next 3 days, etc.
    - added config option to display times in 00-23 format / 00-12 AM/PM format.
    - fixed range display of dates - was displaying ranges incorrectly before.
    - moved Google GData API's to the .NET Global Assembly Cache (GAC), so that multiple versions could be installed. This should allow this plugin to play well with other plugins that use different versions of the Google GData API assemblies.

I switched the install distributable from an MPEInstaller format to a Windows Installer (MSI) format. This is in support of adding the Google GData API assemblies to the GAC, as the MPEI does not support it. The MSI will also handle custom installations of MP, as it reads the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE variables to get the MP Base directory and Application Data directory values. Note that I have only tested this against the MP v1.2.0.0 version though. If someone would be willing to install to a previous 1.2.0.0 version with custom paths that would be great - just let me know if it works or not. The MSI installer is attached, in a ZIP format.

I will try and get to a StreamedMP skin as well. Just busy with family and work this week.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom