stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    thlucas,
    Great plugin thanks!
    Would adding contacts ever be in the future for this plugin.

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi edterbak - I'll see if I can get the XFactor skin added this weekend.

thlucas,
    Great plugin thanks!

Not in this plugin, as it's geared toward calendars - maybe a seperate plugin for Google Contacts? Is there enough interest?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi edterbak - I'll see if I can get the XFactor skin added this weekend.

thlucas,
    Great plugin thanks!

Not in this plugin, as it's geared toward calendars - maybe a seperate plugin for Google Contacts? Is there enough interest?

YES! :) +1 here.

What else google has going which can be usefull to some? (Just summarizing)
    • calendar (done)
    • contacts
    • foto's
    • mail
    • documents

what I miss?

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Fixed - will now install correctly to Win7 64/32.

Perfect!! Thank you for the x64 fix. :) Im installing now.

Is there an idea how I could make X-factor skin correctly show this plugin? Can I copy it from MPStream or catavolts skin? :mad:

I'm running into some issues implementing the Google Calendar into the XFactor skin. I can get the events list to display correctly but am getting MP errors when trying to add new events. The new events screen utilizes the virtual keyboard to obtain event details input from the user. It returns the following error when trying to display the virtual keyboard:

Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.Dialogs.SMSStyledKeyboard' to type 'MediaPortal.Dialogs.VirtualKeyboard'.

I'm thinking that it probably has something to do with the fact that the virtual keyboard is not supported in the XFactor skin? ie only the SMS style keyboard is supported? Any input from the XFactor guys on this? I'm developing under the MP v1.2.0.0 Alpha install.

Thanks - TL

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    This just in! I was able to get the virtual keyboard to work in XFactor by copying 2 files from the StreamedMP skin folder: smsKeyboard.xml and stdKeyboard.xml. These files did not exist in my XFactor skin folder. Note that I installed XFactor from the MPE Extensions installer, and am using MP v1.2.0 Alpha. I'm sure I probably messed something up in the install of XFactor, or it could have something to do with MP v1.2.0 version and XFactor compatibility - not sure.

Anyway, once I copied those files over, the "Add Event" processing worked fine.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, Xfactor is at the moment only fully available for 1.1.3. With a couple of patched files to get the menu editor going, it is compatible with 1.2alpha. But not a fresh package for 1.2 yet.
    The exact plans of Xfactor creator Cul8er are not know to me. Is he going to update the skin for 1.2 final or bate already. Ill just have to wait and see for that.

In my opinion, it wont be long now before 1.2beta is out. I can wait for that. There are so many versions of MP floating around now, 1.13 / 1.2alpha / 1.2 newer svn. All versions require addaptions to the skin/plugins up here. Difficult and unnecessary for developers to make it all work... SO, once 1.2 beta is out, I think this will be easier again. Ill wait :)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Google Calendars Plugin

Thank you for the compatibility of streamedmp. But there comes a error message if I want to load my calendar.This error is about DateTime. Next time I write up the exact error code. The same error is also used in German public holidays and weekdays

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Google Calendars Plugin

Thank you for the compatibility of streamedmp. But there comes a error message if I want to load my calendar.This error is about DateTime. Next time I write up the exact error code. The same error is also used in German public holidays and weekdays

Please PM me a screen capture of the message (or exact message text), as well as what form you were on. ie was this part of the "Add Event" form? or just trying to display your calendar from the main form? Basically, I needs the steps that you took so I can try to reproduce the error.

Thanks - TL

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Google Calendars Plugin

OK here are my steps ::

In MediaPortal ::> Plugins ::> Google Calendar ::> click for Calendars... Events (my created google calendar)

hm.... ok here should really get the error but now there are my appointments. funny now it works.

davidforder

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2011
    Home Country
    I would love google calendar availability with x factor and really do appreciate the efforts in getting this plug in operating across various skins

Is there a download package to get this working with x factor yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom