Google Calendars Plugin (4 Viewers)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi thlucas,

Thank you for the great work.
Can you update the firstpost with this version? I would welcome the chalgelog in there as well :)
This way people dont have to go through the complete thread.

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: AW: Google Calendars Plugin

OK, I just copied the 3 files from the pure vision in streamedmp Skin. But I do not see any numbers if I e.g. German Holidays choose. Only the top left the small menu and the background image.
OK it goes but appears very flawed. Could someone adjust the calendar for streamedmp Skin ?

Added StreamedMP skin support to the latest release. See initial thread for download. Note you will need to select the "Custom" install choice, as the StreamedMP is not installed by default. You will also need to add the home menu item.

Cheers!

Hi thlucas,

Thank you for the great work.
Can you update the firstpost with this version? I would welcome the chalgelog in there as well :)
This way people dont have to go through the complete thread.

Thanks for the suggestion - done.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Google Calendars Plugin

Thank you for streamedmp Support !!!

Will soon support other calendars zb Rainlendar or Outlook ? Will Google really does not look in my private life expiration grant.

And can you add an Event PopUp like recording info / Showtime Update ?
    Sample:: When i turn on my htpc and i'm in the home screen surface or somewhere else and on this day was an event than pop ups an window like recording info and show me the interessted Data like :: What todo and Time off the Event ? Or multiple events simultaneously in one window.

For example 1::> for multi events

:: Today's Events ::

- Take out the trash

- Shopping at 16:00 pm with friends

- The doctor at 12:30 pm​

examble 2::> for one event

:: Today's Events ::

- Cleaning windows​

And than simply close the window with klick on ok !!

That would be super great !!!

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Hi D3,

There are currently no plans to support any other Calendars beside Google. I will see what I can do about the event reminders / popups that you asked for. It's a good idea, but it may take me awhile to implement it.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Google Calendars Plugin

OK sounds good. I would gladly help you in this area but It is not my area.

Thank you for your great work and i hope it works.

What else::

Is the data safe in privacy protection when I write my things in the google calendar? They've got access to it and may look like my day will be as?

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    The plugin does not store any events on your machine - these come directly from the Google Calendar servers via an HTTPS (secure sockets layer) connection. Here's a link to the Google Calendar privacy policy.
    Google Calendar

As for plugin settings relating to Google Calendar authentication credentials, the plugin stores your password in an encrypted format in the underlying XML file.

Hope it helps.

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi thlucas,

got two questions:
    1. Are you familiar with the new 1.2.0 Beta plugin compatibility requirement? Version Compatibility - MediaPortal Wiki
    2. Is your code available for the public? (google code / codeplex / mediaportal svn server)

Thanks,
    Yoav

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Hi Yoav - answers to your questions:

1) no, I was not familiar with the compatibility requirement as I am fairly new to MP. Sounds like it's a pretty simple process to add the compatibility attributes though. I did run into a problem using the "VirtualKeyboard" control and the "Label" property and "SetLabelAsInitialText" method - they are not supported by MP 1.1.1, so I had to remove that code. Other than that, the plugin has been tested with MP 1.1.1 and 1.2.0 and works fine. I personally run the 1.2.0 version, so that is what I am targeting most of my development for.

2) Code is not available for the public currently, though I would not have a problem posting it somewhere. I have not looked into creating an SF account yet, but will soon. In the interim, if you (or anyone) would like the code just send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.

Some more thoughts on Plugin development:

1) It would be great if the .XML documentation files (are there any?) were distributed with the MP release. I do not download the MP SVN source, and have been developing my plugins stand-alone. It's a PITA to not have Visual Studio intellisense help when referencing the MP core assemblies, as I have to keep switching to the Wiki docs to see what a property is doing, or jump to Reflector to find other assemblies that use a method or property.

2) what's up with Plugin interfaces that use method syntax instead of property syntax? For example, the "GetID()" method should be a simple property get like "WindowID", as opposed to a method:

string value = this.WindoID;
    instead of ...
    string value = this.GetID();

3) The plugin examples need to be expanded to include real-world scenarios. The basic one out there now simply shows how to implement the Window interface. It does not show how to open up a dialog window, or open another window / do something / return to the previous window, or even how to load / store settings or trace code execution. And I did not see any examples on how to create a Process plugin from scratch.

Other than that, everything is great and I love the MP interface! I worked on a similar media program called XLobby prior to this, and must say that MP beats it hands down - though there are some event-processing type of functions in XLobby that are pretty cool. Other than that, MP is great!

Cheers!

More thoughts after reading the Plugin compatibility notes ...

The "CompatibleVersion" attribute is confusing! Do I list the actual version information as it appears on the MediaPortal.exe? Or do I use the descriptive version? For example, in the docs it says the 1.2.0 Beta = 1.1.7.0 - which do I specify in the attribute value? What about for the 1.1.1 version? It sounds like the developers need to publish a list of MP version constants that they want us to use, as well as keep them updated for future versions. The same goes for the "UsesSubsystem" attribute.

I like the idea of compatibility check, but if you're going to enforce it then you need to publish standards and references for developers to follow.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Fixed - will now install correctly to Win7 64/32.

Perfect!! Thank you for the x64 fix. :) Im installing now.

Is there an idea how I could make X-factor skin correctly show this plugin? Can I copy it from MPStream or catavolts skin? :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom