Improvement Suggestions (124 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Started on: 2007-09-20 last update: 2007-09-20 Summary: Add the possibility to view a full-screen preview of a video file Description: It would be very useful for some video types to be able to view a jpg-preview of the video as a full screen picture (a screen shot contact sheet). This makes it easier to find the right file...
Started on: 2007-09-20 last update: 2007-09-20 Summary: Add the possibility to view a full-screen preview of a video file...
Started on: 2007-09-20 last update: 2007-09-20 Summary: Add the possibility to view a full-screen preview of a video file...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal Version: 2.3.0.0 Stable MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo-wide Windows Version: Vista home basic CPU Type: Intel Pentium D 3,00 GHZ HDD: Samsung HD501LJ Memory: Corsair 2x1GB Dual Channel Motherboard: Asus P5WD2 PREMIUM Motherboard Chipset: Intel 955 Motherboard Bios:0709 Video Card: Sappire ATI Radeon X1800XL 256MB...
MediaPortal Version: 2.3.0.0 Stable MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo-wide Windows Version: Vista home basic CPU Type: Intel Pentium D...
MediaPortal Version: 2.3.0.0 Stable MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo-wide Windows Version: Vista home basic CPU Type: Intel Pentium D...
Replies
Views
Started on: 15-11-2011 last update: 15-11-2011 Summary: Enable the user to switch channel mix (i.e. stereo, quad, 5.1) and adjust volume of individual channels from within MP Area: Audio control Description: At the moment there is no way to control ffdshow from MP, so although I can set up various mixer profiles in ffdshow...
Started on: 15-11-2011 last update: 15-11-2011 Summary: Enable the user to switch channel mix (i.e. stereo, quad, 5.1) and...
Started on: 15-11-2011 last update: 15-11-2011 Summary: Enable the user to switch channel mix (i.e. stereo, quad, 5.1) and...
Replies
Views
My suggestion is to add the option to start radio playback when entering the radio section as it is possible for live tv. This way one could start mp with the radio playing directly from the start (given using MPstartit). I hope my idea finds enough support as it should not be that difficult to implement this... Cheers, Rico
My suggestion is to add the option to start radio playback when entering the radio section as it is possible for live tv. This way...
My suggestion is to add the option to start radio playback when entering the radio section as it is possible for live tv. This way...
Replies
Views
Hi, Team & more for you @Deda . i propose to add new labels / new nfo nodes for MyVidéo <rip></rip> - information about RIP quality - <rip>Bluray</rip> - <rip>DVDrip</rip> <3d></3d>- 3d movie : true or false - <3d>true</3d> lot of node / labed are available in the follow link...
Hi, Team & more for you @Deda . i propose to add new labels / new nfo nodes for MyVidéo <rip></rip> - information about RIP...
Hi, Team & more for you @Deda . i propose to add new labels / new nfo nodes for MyVidéo <rip></rip> - information about RIP...
Replies
Views
I know there are a few apps about that can launce external EXEs but can any open the app inside MP, For example an inset window in the GUI a bit like the TV viewer when looking through the EPG but a bit bigger? If not surly this is worth a look as it would give MP the capability to do anything 3rd party software can do with no...
I know there are a few apps about that can launce external EXEs but can any open the app inside MP, For example an inset window in...
I know there are a few apps about that can launce external EXEs but can any open the app inside MP, For example an inset window in...
Replies
Views
1. I would like to be able to sort (up/down) different cities in the setup. At the moment they seem to appear in alphabetical order. 2. I would like to choose the favourite city that is displayed on entering the weather module. I think this is possible in other modules already. If difficult it could be the first city which is...
1. I would like to be able to sort (up/down) different cities in the setup. At the moment they seem to appear in alphabetical...
1. I would like to be able to sort (up/down) different cities in the setup. At the moment they seem to appear in alphabetical...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Trailers from imdb DE
MP get info & pictures about movies from imdb, why not trailers to if there is one available?
MP get info & pictures about movies from imdb, why not trailers to if there is one available?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [TV] feature request DE
Hi All I have a found somthing that is realy cool and im shure other will think so too looking at the video link im shure you will agree it's about improved channel browsing and picture in picture YouTube - CES 07: Microsoft IPTV on Xbox 360
Hi All I have a found somthing that is realy cool and im shure other will think so too looking at the video link im shure you...
Hi All I have a found somthing that is realy cool and im shure other will think so too looking at the video link im shure you...
Replies
Views
Can you add to next SVN z-order function in xml files for icon_empty_focus.png in order to obtain this? (right) kind regards
Can you add to next SVN z-order function in xml files for icon_empty_focus.png in order to obtain this? (right) kind regards
Replies
Views
With Evolution of MyVidéo it's possible to have Info Movie on selected Folder specially in share-view when "Every movie is in it's own folder" is checked for shared folder. Now Movie Info uses NFO and Fanart without database. I persecuted @Deda, for this function, but i don't know if skin is impacted and difficulty to add...
With Evolution of MyVidéo it's possible to have Info Movie on selected Folder specially in share-view when "Every movie is in...
With Evolution of MyVidéo it's possible to have Info Movie on selected Folder specially in share-view when "Every movie is in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 an external control question (1 Viewer) DE
i know there's a plug in for external controling mp. what i whould like is a interface in mediaportal to control that other pc's mediaportal. is this possible? P
i know there's a plug in for external controling mp. what i whould like is a interface in mediaportal to control that other pc's...
i know there's a plug in for external controling mp. what i whould like is a interface in mediaportal to control that other pc's...
Replies
Views
A
In zoomplayer there exists a very nice feature to assign a time skip funtion to the mouse scroll wheel. One can assign 5 sec skip or a larger value (don't remember the exact value now). So to easily fast forward or backward one simply scrolls the wheel to skip to a specific point in the video where playback always resumes as usual...
In zoomplayer there exists a very nice feature to assign a time skip funtion to the mouse scroll wheel. One can assign 5 sec skip...
In zoomplayer there exists a very nice feature to assign a time skip funtion to the mouse scroll wheel. One can assign 5 sec skip...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
hi, maybe it's a good thing for some people out there those only have one sat-cable but want to record on different frequencies/transponders. (some SAT-Receivers have this option (Topfield TF5000PVR)) Maybe the TV-Service could be modified for that. You can use more than one card with one cable when you use an sat splitter...
hi, maybe it's a good thing for some people out there those only have one sat-cable but want to record on different...
hi, maybe it's a good thing for some people out there those only have one sat-cable but want to record on different...
Replies
Views
Hi all! For a while I've been thinking about the option to add tv recordings to the movie database. It's a great feature, but with the new tv series plugin coming along, how about just adding recorded movies to the database? That way, the movie database is for movies and the tv series database is for tv series. Since we can already...
Hi all! For a while I've been thinking about the option to add tv recordings to the movie database. It's a great feature, but...
Hi all! For a while I've been thinking about the option to add tv recordings to the movie database. It's a great feature, but...
Replies
Views
Hi, there´s a small error on the requirements section of the wiki. The links to MySQL5 and MySQL GUI Tools have peen flipped... (guess who tried for one hour to start a SQL server only using MySQL GUI tools... :) ) Not a big thing , but "SOMEONE" could get lazy and not bother to check both links... :thx:
Hi, there´s a small error on the requirements section of the wiki. The links to MySQL5 and MySQL GUI Tools have peen flipped...
Hi, there´s a small error on the requirements section of the wiki. The links to MySQL5 and MySQL GUI Tools have peen flipped...
Replies
Views
b]Started on:[/b] 2007-10-20 last update: 2007-10-20 Summary: TV Priorities too slow to change priority Area: MyTV Description: I've noticed that the TV Priorities page (GUITVPriorities class) is way too slow to change the recording's priority. I've many recordings in the list (about 70) and if I want to move a...
b]Started on:[/b] 2007-10-20 last update: 2007-10-20 Summary: TV Priorities too slow to change priority Area: MyTV...
b]Started on:[/b] 2007-10-20 last update: 2007-10-20 Summary: TV Priorities too slow to change priority Area: MyTV...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video browsing DE
Started on: 2008-11-03 last update: 2008-11-03 Summary: Performance improvements and directory merge Area: Video browsing Description: Performance inprovements I have 4 discs with videos and when I select one of them and browse through the list, it is very slow? Its shows quickly the first page, but when I scroll down...
Started on: 2008-11-03 last update: 2008-11-03 Summary: Performance improvements and directory merge Area: Video browsing...
Started on: 2008-11-03 last update: 2008-11-03 Summary: Performance improvements and directory merge Area: Video browsing...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 SVN? DE
Will there be SVN releases for the 1.0 final version? They appear to have been dropped recently...
Will there be SVN releases for the 1.0 final version? They appear to have been dropped recently...
Replies
Views
Is it possible add to the renderer two gray bars into the pillar box side bar. (optionable) Panasonic plasma have this features to keep panel health . other plasma or lcd panel have too I guess. side bar not black in my opinion is the best choice : panel health & better vision. overlapping the renderer is the best solution to keep...
Is it possible add to the renderer two gray bars into the pillar box side bar. (optionable) Panasonic plasma have this features to...
Is it possible add to the renderer two gray bars into the pillar box side bar. (optionable) Panasonic plasma have this features to...
Replies
Views
O
Hi, It seems that MP doesn't remember the playlists, it's very frustrating for MyMusic section especially. The last played item index would be saved too when MP is exited.
Hi, It seems that MP doesn't remember the playlists, it's very frustrating for MyMusic section especially. The last played item...
Hi, It seems that MP doesn't remember the playlists, it's very frustrating for MyMusic section especially. The last played item...
Replies
Views
O
A
When My TV is selected one gets to a screen with a selection of controls. Here you can select channel only by scanning through them one-by-one. To actually select a specific channel you have to click in the TV pic to open it. In the popup menu, one can actually select a channel directly. I would like to request a function to...
When My TV is selected one gets to a screen with a selection of controls. Here you can select channel only by scanning through them...
When My TV is selected one gets to a screen with a selection of controls. Here you can select channel only by scanning through them...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Since there is a DB for the movies on demand I'd like to have a few parental controls. 1) to add a pin for specific ratings. 2) to add a PIN for individual movies. This would override the more generic per rating setting. 3) to have a setting (accessable via MP and pin protected) that filtered the displayed moves to only show movies...
Since there is a DB for the movies on demand I'd like to have a few parental controls. 1) to add a pin for specific ratings. 2) to...
Since there is a DB for the movies on demand I'd like to have a few parental controls. 1) to add a pin for specific ratings. 2) to...
Replies
Views
Hello Team! There are three wishes! Please: 1. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/installation-configuration-support-53/sorting-mediafiles-36584/ 2. Support of Cuesheets in "My Music"! For classical Music i think, its very important! 3. Full support of the "KNC1 TV Station DVB-S2 Plus" with Cine-View Modul (CAM)! Thank...
Hello Team! There are three wishes! Please: 1...
Hello Team! There are three wishes! Please: 1...
Replies
Views
hi, in mytv when display adjustment (brightness etc.) is selected in full screen mode the controls display on top of the scrolling epg data....perhaps displaying centre-screen would be an option ? this happens with all skins. regards.
hi, in mytv when display adjustment (brightness etc.) is selected in full screen mode the controls display on top of the...
hi, in mytv when display adjustment (brightness etc.) is selected in full screen mode the controls display on top of the...
Replies
Views
hi all, it would be great if mediaportal supported ratdvd while using vmr9. i have problems using the menus when in vmr9 mode where as i think overlay does not. dave
hi all, it would be great if mediaportal supported ratdvd while using vmr9. i have problems using the menus when in vmr9 mode...
hi all, it would be great if mediaportal supported ratdvd while using vmr9. i have problems using the menus when in vmr9 mode...
Replies
Views
Is possible add support for select quality for timeshifting for PVR cards ? now seems quality recording don't affect timeshifting quality. Can do that? Is also possible change quality recording in recording setup (not mpsetup) for Software cards with intervideo codec ? Tankyou bye bye
Is possible add support for select quality for timeshifting for PVR cards ? now seems quality recording don't affect timeshifting...
Is possible add support for select quality for timeshifting for PVR cards ? now seems quality recording don't affect timeshifting...
Replies
Views
I desire a web interface to easy upload audio or video (divx,mp4,mp3,tv serie,films,etc..) in mediaportal, without using windows explorer . Or in alternative a client soluiton (like iTunes software) to manage the mediaportal system. Thanks CF:thx:
I desire a web interface to easy upload audio or video (divx,mp4,mp3,tv serie,films,etc..) in mediaportal, without using windows...
I desire a web interface to easy upload audio or video (divx,mp4,mp3,tv serie,films,etc..) in mediaportal, without using windows...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Two Ideas! DE
Hello Devs! Two Ideas for the future of MP! I hope it is possible! 1. Dimming the Brughtness of the Screen. 2. Animated Backgrounds (small avi instead of jpg) in "MyVideo" or "MP-TVSeries". I think it would look nice! Thank you for your work! Best Regards Helios
Hello Devs! Two Ideas for the future of MP! I hope it is possible! 1. Dimming the Brughtness of the Screen. 2. Animated...
Hello Devs! Two Ideas for the future of MP! I hope it is possible! 1. Dimming the Brughtness of the Screen. 2. Animated...
Replies
Views
Hi, one improvment in MyPrograms that would be great IMHO: In the file list, it would be great to be able to separate the displayed itemname from the filename!! Example in MAME: The files are ZIPs that contain all the needed ROM dumps for one game. The name of the zip archive is not very self-explanatory, but it is used...
Hi, one improvment in MyPrograms that would be great IMHO: In the file list, it would be great to be able to separate the...
Hi, one improvment in MyPrograms that would be great IMHO: In the file list, it would be great to be able to separate the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom