Newcomers Forum (20 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cursor-posistion-is-offset-from-menus-in-tv-mode.106041/#post-846766
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cursor-posistion-is-offset-from-menus-in-tv-mode.106041/#post-846766
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Im begging you guys DE
. Many years ago I used this product and it was wonderful with one major flaw. This will not work with any other device no roku smart TV Phone Etc. Plex which I use works on everything and remote access is a piece of cake I paid for a lifetime account for these features. I would gladly pay for the equivalent features on media portal...
. Many years ago I used this product and it was wonderful with one major flaw. This will not work with any other device no roku...
. Many years ago I used this product and it was wonderful with one major flaw. This will not work with any other device no roku...
Replies
Views
Hello, System is 1600x1200 monitor and X1800XT vid card... XP Pro SP3 After starting MP and TV mode is selected the control window/pane that is launched is offset from the top left of the screen. After selecting channel the window/pane moves to the top left of the screen. However the cursor base posistion is not moved so you cant...
Hello, System is 1600x1200 monitor and X1800XT vid card... XP Pro SP3 After starting MP and TV mode is selected the control...
Hello, System is 1600x1200 monitor and X1800XT vid card... XP Pro SP3 After starting MP and TV mode is selected the control...
Replies
Views
J
Hi As far as I know it is not possible when MediaPortal is closed. MediaPortal is meant to be always running as HTPC app. Therefore no startup arguments to pass specific file/dvd playback on startup. When already running, it will pick up DVD and ask if you want to play.
Hi As far as I know it is not possible when MediaPortal is closed. MediaPortal is meant to be always running as HTPC app...
In vista, is there a way to make media portal automatically run a DVD when I stick it in the DVD drive? Windows doesn't give me the...
Replies
Views
I like to use MP to show me i preffered video, when its starts. Is this possible? Thank you, Mihael
I like to use MP to show me i preffered video, when its starts. Is this possible? Thank you, Mihael
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video Off Center DE
I can not get moving pictures or tvseries to center correctly. I flip though all the aspect ratios and the only one that shows the entire video is "Original" All the others are cutting some of the right side of the video off. I don't know what can be changed. Suggestions? The man navigation screen works perfect, its just the...
I can not get moving pictures or tvseries to center correctly. I flip though all the aspect ratios and the only one that shows the...
I can not get moving pictures or tvseries to center correctly. I flip though all the aspect ratios and the only one that shows the...
Replies
Views
T
Hi travis_san No, TsReader is a core component of MediaPortal. It is used for splitting all TS files which includes timeshifting and recording files. Does the splitter really make that much difference to the playback, and are we talking difference in picture quality, CPU usage, GPU usage or something else? My guess would be that it...
Hi travis_san No, TsReader is a core component of MediaPortal. It is used for splitting all TS files which includes timeshifting...
I have some under-powered hardware running MP1.2. Using DSGraphEdit and an MP recording I found I was able to get much better...
Replies
Views
When I'm scanning my cards for FM radiochannels, it goes through all frequencies but doesn't find any channels? Any ideas?
When I'm scanning my cards for FM radiochannels, it goes through all frequencies but doesn't find any channels? Any ideas?
Replies
Views
Thank you
Thank you
Where is the catch? I do not want to list files in video_ts, just start a dvd video. Where is the problem? Thanks
Replies
Views
U
If you open MP config, there is a button at the top that takes you to user files, its there. By the way what tvcard are you trying to add, as tvserver automatically covers quite a few.
If you open MP config, there is a button at the top that takes you to user files, its there. By the way what tvcard are you trying...
Hi, I have problem with this file : CaptureCardDefinitions.xml because it is missing. So if anyone known where is error please...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanx for the wonderful software. Now if you please tell me how to interact with it :) Here is the plan: - I have a web service set up, that will accept files and messages - I have the client on the PC running the Media portal. How can I interact with the MP and tell it to display when new data is stored ? like -...
Hey guys, Thanx for the wonderful software. Now if you please tell me how to interact with it :) Here is the plan: - I have a...
Hey guys, Thanx for the wonderful software. Now if you please tell me how to interact with it :) Here is the plan: - I have a...
Replies
Views
Hey Sometimes when i watch a recording after about 10s the pic stops and the audio continues. After another 10s or so the pic starts playing but the pic will be 10s behind the audio......after a few secs the pic speeds up to approx 3x normal pb for a few seconds until it catches up the the pic.....then all is well for the rest...
Hey Sometimes when i watch a recording after about 10s the pic stops and the audio continues. After another 10s or so the...
Hey Sometimes when i watch a recording after about 10s the pic stops and the audio continues. After another 10s or so the...
Replies
Views
U
my problem is under music plugin. i have music from oasis but mediaportal does not recognize it when i scan/search artist info. it gives me 2 options of which are not the correct artist. so is there a way for me to manually enter the artist it should search for? also can anyone please explain to me why the search for fan art option...
my problem is under music plugin. i have music from oasis but mediaportal does not recognize it when i scan/search artist info. it...
my problem is under music plugin. i have music from oasis but mediaportal does not recognize it when i scan/search artist info. it...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
Hello When MP 1.1 Alpha announced , it was stated that not possible to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1 versions. Will we be able to upgrade 1.1RC1 to 1.1RCx relesases or gold ?
Hello When MP 1.1 Alpha announced , it was stated that not possible to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1 versions. Will we be able to...
Hello When MP 1.1 Alpha announced , it was stated that not possible to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1 versions. Will we be able to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two displays connected to my HTPC. A Beamer and a touchscreen. So I would like to have the user interface on the touchscreen and the video playback on the beamer. Is that possible? Thanks Bluescreen
Hi, I have two displays connected to my HTPC. A Beamer and a touchscreen. So I would like to have the user interface on the...
Hi, I have two displays connected to my HTPC. A Beamer and a touchscreen. So I would like to have the user interface on the...
Replies
Views
Z
MP1 MP2 Vista Enterprise DE
Hi Guys I have just installed MP 1.0.2 onto Vista enterprise. It states that i do not have all the hotfixes for this to run properly. It runs but every 10 secs it freezes. Can anyone advise me how i can get around this apart from buying Vista home edition. Any help would be appreciated thanks
Hi Guys I have just installed MP 1.0.2 onto Vista enterprise. It states that i do not have all the hotfixes for this to run...
Hi Guys I have just installed MP 1.0.2 onto Vista enterprise. It states that i do not have all the hotfixes for this to run...
Replies
Views
Z
U
MP1 MP2 compares to... DE
No, you can't compare them. Both are media servers which can support media devices like xbox or, at least the way they started, the Dlink DSM series. You can't do that with MePo. On the other hand, there is no way in hell to work with live tv in either one of both. Result? You're comparing apples to oranges.
No, you can't compare them. Both are media servers which can support media devices like xbox or, at least the way they started...
After reading the features list how does this really differ from XBMC other than supporting TV cards. There are other apps that do...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 EPG 24hrs out DE
Hi all, I am noticing that my EPG is now 24hrs out. The XML file is perfect as it my PC date etc. Any ideas? I guess I can play with the XMLTV compensation settings, but I guess thats not the route of the problem. It was ok before, but since I've been playing with trying to fix a couple of rogue EPG channels this problem has...
Hi all, I am noticing that my EPG is now 24hrs out. The XML file is perfect as it my PC date etc. Any ideas? I guess I can...
Hi all, I am noticing that my EPG is now 24hrs out. The XML file is perfect as it my PC date etc. Any ideas? I guess I can...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Where can I find documentation on the TVServer database? Specifically, I'm trying to find out more about what the columns within the recording table are (KeepUntil, etc) and how they function. (ie: KeepUntil = 0) Thanks!
Hi guys, Where can I find documentation on the TVServer database? Specifically, I'm trying to find out more about what the...
Hi guys, Where can I find documentation on the TVServer database? Specifically, I'm trying to find out more about what the...
Replies
Views
I just put some questions in this thread. Not to be a whiner but because I'm very enthousiast about Mediaportal. I'm a very disappointer MS Mediacenter user (had it for 5 years) and I'm thrilled to see a product like Mediaportal with active development and proper support.
I just put some questions in this thread. Not to be a whiner but because I'm very enthousiast about Mediaportal. I'm a very...
I just put some questions in this thread. Not to be a whiner but because I'm very enthousiast about Mediaportal. I'm a very...
Replies
Views
Moved to another forum
Moved to another forum
Moved to another forum
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 thumbs up DE
Thanks for the positive feedback!
Thanks for the positive feedback!
Nothing deep here, just reporting that I've installed Mediaportal 1.1.3 (& SAF 5.0), and it was very easy, no problems noticed, and...
Replies
Views
U
Hm ... I kinda just type this as an old habit, but try "MediaPortal" (capital M and P).
Hm ... I kinda just type this as an old habit, but try "MediaPortal" (capital M and P).
After I installed, the "setup database" told me to enter the user name I selected during installation, but I was never prompted to...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, I don't think that a different skin will resolve the problem. However, updating to Vista or Windows7 should help, so I would go down this path first. Mark
Hi, I don't think that a different skin will resolve the problem. However, updating to Vista or Windows7 should help, so I would...
Hello everybody, I'm searching for a 4:3 skin for MP 1.1.0.0. Actually I'm using AMPED 3.1, but I've got problems with it...
Replies
Views
U
What guide did you use for setting up your codecs? Did you use the SAF codecs?
What guide did you use for setting up your codecs? Did you use the SAF codecs?
Hi, Been using MediaPortal and things are mostly going well. Used a very useful guide to get the video and audio settings...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 What is Stutter? DE
Hi, I had use MP1.02 + SAF 4.0 for a few month. It run very good in my Ion330 But I have problem on video playback. 1. I got no sound on MKV 2. when I play 720p or above, the sound is mismatch with the video ( ~ 3-5 sec). Is it called Stutter? Since a lot of user are use Ion330, is there any recommended setting for us to...
Hi, I had use MP1.02 + SAF 4.0 for a few month. It run very good in my Ion330 But I have problem on video playback. 1. I got...
Hi, I had use MP1.02 + SAF 4.0 for a few month. It run very good in my Ion330 But I have problem on video playback. 1. I got...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 view your series DE
StreamedMP comes with the Moving Pictures and TV Series plugins. To make series work you need to configure the TV Series plugin (in Mediaportal Config app under Plugins). More information can be found in the TV Series section of the forum.
StreamedMP comes with the Moving Pictures and TV Series plugins. To make series work you need to configure the TV Series plugin (in...
i just installed the new skin StreamedMP, there is a icon to veiw your series. how do i get it to work so i can watch my series...
Replies
Views
U
autohotkey can do this. goto their forum i'm sure someone already has such a script made. lock keyboard and mouse with hotkey to unlock them Toddler Keyboard
autohotkey can do this. goto their forum i'm sure someone already has such a script made. lock keyboard and mouse with hotkey to...
Hello - Great job on Media Portal! The program is fantastic to use! One of the main uses for us lately is for our daughter on...
Replies
Views
I've set up Media Portal mostly to listen to digital radio broadcasts on freeview TV channels in New Zealand. It works fine for several hours, and then the signal starts to break up; closing down the program and re-starting puts everything right again but this is frustrating, especially if I was recording something. Any suggestions...
I've set up Media Portal mostly to listen to digital radio broadcasts on freeview TV channels in New Zealand. It works fine for...
I've set up Media Portal mostly to listen to digital radio broadcasts on freeview TV channels in New Zealand. It works fine for...
Replies
Views
U
Hey all Just come to media portal from WMC. Love it so far. The issue i am having is that while in the menu's of media portal there are some wierd letters througout the screen, it seems to be the alphabet, and other bits and pieces. I was wondering if anyone has had this before and any ideas for solutions? Specs: P4 2.8ghz...
Hey all Just come to media portal from WMC. Love it so far. The issue i am having is that while in the menu's of media portal...
Hey all Just come to media portal from WMC. Love it so far. The issue i am having is that while in the menu's of media portal...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
Top Bottom