Newcomers Forum (39 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
Media Portal has an external player options. This is a great feature however Media portal is very slow. I was wondering if there was any other software that can do the same features. Basically i just want a program that list all my files and when I open it with my remote it load in an external player depending on the file type...
Media Portal has an external player options. This is a great feature however Media portal is very slow. I was wondering if there...
Media Portal has an external player options. This is a great feature however Media portal is very slow. I was wondering if there...
Replies
Views
Just a thought: you might want to keep the files at decent to high quality incase you get a better TV in the future. It would be a drag to have to re-spend the time getting the movies onto the discs - it's considerable. Invest in a DVD-ROM drive known for DVD5/9 speed - this will cut ripping time considerably. Many Lite-On models are...
Just a thought: you might want to keep the files at decent to high quality incase you get a better TV in the future. It would be a...
Actually, I've been looking at this site and the Beyond Media sites trying to figure out options, and am firmly rooted in paralysis...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 What Hardware ? DE
Thank you for your answer. :) You said, every DX9 Card is supported by MP. The question ist, how i connect the PC to my TV. I don't know if my 6600GT is HDMI ready. I want to connect with an DVI to HDMI cable. I ask that, because some new GPUs have HDMI output. But my 6600GT have no HDMI. Only DVI and with an extra cable YUV (i think...
Thank you for your answer. :) You said, every DX9 Card is supported by MP. The question ist, how i connect the PC to my TV. I...
Hello. First i am from German and my englisch ist not very well. But i hope you understand, what I want. I want to build my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 What PC to use? DE
I moved my faster PC to be the MP box (see my system on left) and use a PIII 500mhz and remote access software to use the faster PC when I'm not watching TV. When using the machine remotely it "feels" just as fast as using it locally. I tried the PIII 500mhz as the MP box with a TNT2 32mb video card and it was close to what I needed...
I moved my faster PC to be the MP box (see my system on left) and use a PIII 500mhz and remote access software to use the faster PC...
I am on my first experience with building a HTPC. I currently have a Pentium III 733 Mhz PC with 384MB RAM, which I mostly use for...
Replies
Views
I will do that Paranoid... Thanks for your help!
I will do that Paranoid... Thanks for your help!
I was wondering if I've overlooked it or not. I've done some searching here but can't find anything. I'm able to record 2 shows...
Replies
Views
in that section i got these checked folder.jpg (recommended) *.png, *.jpg (prefers "front" covers) that should be it right?
in that section i got these checked folder.jpg (recommended) *.png, *.jpg (prefers "front" covers) that should be it right?
hello, ive tried to search for it but i cant seem to figure out how to add my own pictures for album art. ive tried to rename a...
Replies
Views
I had this behaviour way back in the past when installed some codec pack. I hope you didn't install any codec packs. This messes up your HTPC really good. If you install a good MPEG-2/H.264 decoder(for HDTV) like cyberlink powerdvd and ffdshow for the other codecs it's enough play play almost anything!
I had this behaviour way back in the past when installed some codec pack. I hope you didn't install any codec packs. This messes...
Hi, I've switched from MythTV to Mediaportal for the obvious reasons that MythTV is standing still while Media portal goes...
Replies
Views
The Mediaportal has a standard External Display plugin with a lot of predefined displays. Did you check this out already? In Mediaportal Configuration go to plugins and enable & config External Display. When I look at the case, it looks like the HD44780 display. Try this out! If none of these are working, try searching on girder...
The Mediaportal has a standard External Display plugin with a lot of predefined displays. Did you check this out already? In...
Hi All, Looking at a Antec Fusion case for a new build HTPC, I downloaded the software for the LCD program, but it look like...
Replies
Views
My versions where different. I reinstalled all of them and now it's working. :thx:
My versions where different. I reinstalled all of them and now it's working. :thx:
I have installed a client that is running xp sp2. I have installed MediaPortal and the TV Server plugin. According to the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Newbie question DE
Discussion on firefly remote. hth
Discussion on firefly remote. hth
Hello, I been reading about MP, for the past couple of days and I would like to use it. My first questions is, at the moment i...
Replies
Views
good morning. My pinnacle usb pctv hybrid tuner kit 330eV is not detected. Someone can help me ? (the usb card works normally on my o.s. XP sp2 with pinnacle mediacenter installed) Thankyou v.much. bye.
good morning. My pinnacle usb pctv hybrid tuner kit 330eV is not detected. Someone can help me ? (the usb card works normally on my...
good morning. My pinnacle usb pctv hybrid tuner kit 330eV is not detected. Someone can help me ? (the usb card works normally on my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 tv guide problems DE
Thank you loads......that works... You don't happen to know how to sort mp to fire up whilst my pc is on stand by do you?
Thank you loads......that works... You don't happen to know how to sort mp to fire up whilst my pc is on stand by do you?
My tv guide has no data. I've only just downloaded Media Portal and love the software but cannot understand anything about how to...
Replies
Views
thanks a lot
thanks a lot
I think, Mptray should help me but it does not (after installing from mediaportal folder i see nothing new in tray). I work in...
Replies
Views
Bioguyer, you may want to choose a TV with plenty of extra digital inputs, and a VGA input can't hurt. Otherwise, the same criteria you would use to evaluate performance on television and DVD's would be the performance criteria you would use for a tv in an HTPC setup. Choose the resolution that best supports your needs for watching...
Bioguyer, you may want to choose a TV with plenty of extra digital inputs, and a VGA input can't hurt. Otherwise, the same...
Hi All, I'm new to the forums as a poster but have read a great deal of useful and interesting stuff here since I started using...
Replies
Views
I've been looking for similar functionality...but I think what I'm going to end up doing is ripping DVD's to mpeg2's with full quality, and joining the mpeg's for multi-disk titles. I loose menu navigation/chapters, but until there's a workaround.
I've been looking for similar functionality...but I think what I'm going to end up doing is ripping DVD's to mpeg2's with full...
I am a noob. I just loaded up MediaPortal for the first time this weekend and it took a while to get it to work. Funny enough I...
Replies
Views
Great,thanks for the quik answers,Been browsing the site and am convinced that I will be using media portal on my next build which should be this weekend.Great work guys...Im sure I will have alot more questions.:D
Great,thanks for the quik answers,Been browsing the site and am convinced that I will be using media portal on my next build which...
First just wanted to say hello to everyone,,My question is,can I easily switch between media portal and windows??The reason I ask...
Replies
Views
Sorry Millhouse, I didn't mean connecting a PS3 or Xbox etc through the media centre. I was thinking of pc based gaming etc. I should have specified that. :sorry: Many thanks for the pointer there jburnette I will have a good luck into the pluggin and see if I can get it all configured etc. I am so looking forward to this as I...
Sorry Millhouse, I didn't mean connecting a PS3 or Xbox etc through the media centre. I was thinking of pc based gaming etc. I...
Hi to EVERYONE on here, I have just built my HTPC over the Xmas break. The components that I used are as follows: - Connected...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Slow loading mpeg4 DE
Thanks for the feedback. It might be handy in future.
Thanks for the feedback. It might be handy in future.
I just reinstalled Mediaportal a few days ago, after having given up on it about a year ago. Everything is working properly except...
Replies
Views
For him to stream you live TV, no. You could just watch that stream in something like VLC, depending on what protocol the stream uses.
For him to stream you live TV, no. You could just watch that stream in something like VLC, depending on what protocol the stream uses.
Hello, I am totally lost when it comes to this program. While i was home for Christmas, my father mentioned running myth tv on...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Channel numbers? DE
In MP configuration, television item, look for the Channel Numbers section. "Select Channel Number by index (non-U.S.) should be CHECKED in most placed outside the U.S. where channels are just 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... If you are in the U.S., CLEAR this checkbox. If you type in a number that doesn't match a channel number (or index)...
In MP configuration, television item, look for the Channel Numbers section. "Select Channel Number by index (non-U.S.) should be...
Greetings, I'm using the TV-server, and I would like to assign a channel number to the channels, in order to be able to select...
Replies
Views
Ok, but there is no "show GUI" under the learn List. Only under mapping, but i can't learn anything there. (Sorry i am an absolutly beginner in that). What i have to do?
Ok, but there is no "show GUI" under the learn List. Only under mapping, but i can't learn anything there. (Sorry i am an absolutly...
Hi, i want to learn a button on my x10 to switch between GUI and Fullscreen (the "X" keyboard shortcut), but i don't know, which...
Replies
Views
I think it puts the comp to sleep.. But I remapped it a long time ago, so I'm not sure. It does not have any effect if MCE is running or not - no.
I think it puts the comp to sleep.. But I remapped it a long time ago, so I'm not sure. It does not have any effect if MCE is...
I have a new "Media PC" Built Round and ACER Aspire L3600. It is a custom built "Media Centre" with almost no documentation running...
Replies
Views
also make sure you have the latest version of vs filter. This solves 80% of the trouble people have here with playing .mkv files. If this doesnt solve it then follow the great codec guide(s) posted here on the forum recently.
also make sure you have the latest version of vs filter. This solves 80% of the trouble people have here with playing .mkv...
Okay, So I just downloaded MP a few days ago and have been up every night setting it up and customizing it the way I would want and...
Replies
Views
Sorted with a reinstall using a more recent SVN
Sorted with a reinstall using a more recent SVN
I'm moving over from MCE and like how MP works but I've hit a problem with organising my music the way I like it. I'd like to...
Replies
Views
Heyya guys thanks for the reply :D Well, I did respond to the confirmation way back because I have created my own thread a long time ago... And I couldn't find my name in the nick list either (Yet I can login to that username!) Although I did find a thread I created wayyyyyyyy back, located here...
Heyya guys thanks for the reply :D Well, I did respond to the confirmation way back because I have created my own thread a long...
Recently I tried logging into my account ( NineT9 ) with success, but unfortunately I believe the account is disabled. I'm pretty...
Replies
Views
Sorry for a late reply, I've been away (arves, no problem for hijacking thread. It's given some good advice!). Thanks for answering my questions. I shall take the plunge and install TV-Server shortly. I'll report back on progress! :thx:
Sorry for a late reply, I've been away (arves, no problem for hijacking thread. It's given some good advice!). Thanks for answering...
Hi Guys, hope I'm posting in the correct forum. I learnt about media portal when asking questions about HTPCs on the DigitalSpy...
Replies
Views
It took only a few seconds to start the recursive slideshow on my 12000-files library. Please supply logs and more info regarding your setup.
It took only a few seconds to start the recursive slideshow on my 12000-files library. Please supply logs and more info...
When clicking R. slideshow the software halts for about 5 minutes and then starts the slideshow. Is there any way to avoid this?
Replies
Views
Anyone? I've figured out the folder display picture though. Cheers
Anyone? I've figured out the folder display picture though. Cheers
Hi all, Firslty I think this software is brilliant and i'm glad i found it. I just have a couple of issues which I was hoping...
Replies
Views
IRServersuite is most probably the easiest way to setup a remote for use with MP. Aaron has made it as user friendly as possible.
IRServersuite is most probably the easiest way to setup a remote for use with MP. Aaron has made it as user friendly as possible.
Hi does anyone know how I can find the steps to get hip working with mediaportal? I have searched everywhere in Google and i am...
Replies
Views
Looking into trying Media Portal....main focus its to have one main system that can stream OTA HD signal,QAM, as well as satelitte signal from FTA box to 4 clients PC. Would need to know minimum working requirements for clients, since I am planning to build silence/fan less rigs to minimize noise in zones Best tuner supported...
Looking into trying Media Portal....main focus its to have one main system that can stream OTA HD signal,QAM, as well as satelitte...
Looking into trying Media Portal....main focus its to have one main system that can stream OTA HD signal,QAM, as well as satelitte...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom