now it's time for christmas ;)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    great job guys. installed 1.0 last night, this is my first attempt at TV server. everything went very well, except for two little quirks (which i will raise as bugs)

the last install of MP i did was 40th May 2007 with 0.2.3.0. There have been lots of changes and so far, everything i great.

now to install MP Client on my two laptops :D
    I'm in the same boat still running 0.2.3.0 on mine. I don't want to lose the databases for either my TV or Video files... how'd your 'upgrade' go? Specifically they recommend a CLEAN install so I'm guessing you lost your old database data? I was thinking to archive a copy of my current install, then do a fresh install and bite the bullet on the database entries...

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    great job guys. installed 1.0 last night, this is my first attempt at TV server. everything went very well, except for two little quirks (which i will raise as bugs)

the last install of MP i did was 40th May 2007 with 0.2.3.0. There have been lots of changes and so far, everything i great.

now to install MP Client on my two laptops :D
    I'm in the same boat still running 0.2.3.0 on mine. I don't want to lose the databases for either my TV or Video files... how'd your 'upgrade' go? Specifically they recommend a CLEAN install so I'm guessing you lost your old database data? I was thinking to archive a copy of my current install, then do a fresh install and bite the bullet on the database entries...

I copied my databases back to the database folder and it was fine.

smiler3k

Portal Member
    January 17, 2008
    Lancashire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Been using v1.0 final for a couple of days now and very stable. Seems to have fixed a few minor problems i was having with tv. By the like the new epg.

Thanks.

Eeyore

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2006
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    i just did a clean install.

I only have free-to-air TV, and in Australia, that is only 20 channels, so the reconfiguration for TV wasn't too bad.
    For movies, i'm just going to download the IMDB info again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before installing the x64, but not sure it that would make any difference! I am currently testing an improved version but at this point it is still not clear how or when a fixed x64 version will be available.
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before...
    Windows 11 23h2 1) MP 1.32 Final x64 Fresh install does not work and fails during the install "MySQL Start Service Exception". The...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
    No one can help me here?
    No one can help me here?
    In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on screen resolution changes, MP always fulfills the whole screen. Also, the home screen buttons size is adjusted. Only the font size is not adjusted to the new screen resolution.
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on...
    I use two monitors - a large display for TV and video watching and a small display for music playback, to get the current track...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom