1.16 Pre Rel. crashes after w10 update (1 Viewer)

spuddy

Portal Member
November 28, 2015
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks MM you do great work. Follow-through very much appreciated and working perfectly again :)
Cheers
Mike

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Warning possible problems with this update, from Germany at least.

Although I never saw any problems with the original problem update but decided to initiate updates this morning to get the correction (I have auto updates disabled but regularly manually update Windows). KB4015438 initially downloaded but hung at the "preparing to install 5%" point. I ran the update troubleshooter which found and repaired several items and I again checked for updates which resulted in a "100% dowload" but no further progress, again ran the troubleshooter which found and repaired problem after which I tried a reboot which went into a "Prepairing to configure..." mode for some while before restarting. To cut an even longer story short after trying lots more thingsWindows will now restart normally but the update has not installed see attached sceen shot.
    Also tried on my Desktop PC and it is also stuck at the 100% download point with this update.
    updfail1.jpg

UPDATE:-
    Manually downloading via the link in the last post on page 5 and using the stadalone update installer worked fine for me:).

Last edited:

shadowfred

Portal Member
    November 11, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    @shadowfred
    Fred, I wonder if your problem is related to subtitles. Can you try to play a different file that doesn't have subtitles?

JACKPOT !!!
    I just try some mkv without subtitiles and it's OK !!!

It's already a good thing.

But now, how can I resolve my trouble ?
    Do you have a beginning of solution ?

Thanks you in advance ...

Fred

shadowfred

Portal Member
    November 11, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes, more log files would be helpful please Fred.

HI.
    There are news...
    Now, when I try to open a movie with subtitles, my MP freezes and I need to stop it with Ctrl/Alt/Sup.
    MP's process jumps to 25%...
    I join my logs and thanks again for your help.

Fred.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @shadowfred
    Fred, the problem is still related to sub-titles. It seems that one or more DirectShow codecs installed on your system are causing problems. Sorry, I'm not sure which codecs are causing the problems.
    In summary: the problem is outside MP.
    One workaround would be to disable subtitles in MP Configuration -> Videos section -> subtitle tab -> select subtitles engine "disabled". This will allow videos to play without showing subtitles.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem could be related to the "VSFilter" or "VSFilter (auto-loading version)" codecs from DirectVobSub.
    You can also check the LAV splitter subtitles settings.

shadowfred

Portal Member
    November 11, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    The problem could be related to the "VSFilter" or "VSFilter (auto-loading version)" codecs from DirectVobSub.

Ouah !!! What a speed...

I just try the first solution (disable subtitles) and it didn't work anymore.

How can I do for the VSFilter (I don't where to find what you saied before)....
    Thanks again...

shadowfred

Portal Member
    November 11, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    Forget my message.

I found what you saied and it's OK !!!

You're amazing and I can start my movies again...

Maybe later, we'll find a correction for that but it's already a great satisfaction !!

Thank you again and again !!

Fred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom