1.16 Pre Rel. crashes after w10 update (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you think it's a pb with my lav audio filter config ?
    Yep, and the first screenshot shows the problem.

It's a combination:
    • TV channels with DD+/E-AC3 audio
    • bitstreaming enabled for Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) in LAV audio configuration
    • using an S/PDIF audio output
    S/PDIF does not support DD+/E-AC3. It only supports normal DD/AC3 and PCM. Therefore you cannot have bitstreaming for DD+/E-AC3 with your S/PDIF connection. Bitstreaming for DD+/E-AC3 would only be possible if you use HDMI audio.

Solution: in LAV audio config, untick/disable bitstreaming for Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3).

P.S. You can leave bit-streaming enabled for Dolby Digital (AC3) if you want.

loiscooper91

Portal Member
    April 2, 2013
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry i post this before your answer

I found when i test, thanks a lot !!!!!

all is good

Okkkkkkkk

now it's work !!

so MM , you give me the "solution" , when you ask me the lav audio config
    i nerver change it. but in this problem, i must change it

Dolby DIgital AC3 and DTS is in SPIF streaming, because my sound bar decode DTS and Dolby.
    In france , HD channel send E-AC3 sound. so i check ON SPDIF for E-AC3.
    My sound bar detect dolby signal

with this update... , and lot of test, all working if i uncheck the box SPDIF E-AC3.( it's a AC3 compressed mode)

movie in DTS or AC3 is good but not TV...why i don't know.

Now tv work in mix prologic2 .

maybe one day i found why E-AC3 doesn't work in SPDIF.....

PS: ,LOL !!!!!!i post in same time of your answer ;D

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    same here

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: VisualSubSyncEnh.exe, versione: 1.2.18.0, timestamp: 0x2a425e19
    Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: CompPkgSup.DLL, versione: 10.0.14393.953, timestamp: 0x58ba5a1f
    Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
    Offset errore 0x0000346b
    ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0x1ce4
    Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d29e57b8974da7
    Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\xxxx.Visualsubsync_1.2.18.0_x86__tprarbn6d3v16\VisualSubSyncEnh.exe
    Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\Windows\System32\CompPkgSup.DLL
    ID segnalazione: 8ff46f67-10df-490c-805d-32709e034857
    Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l'errore: xxxx.Visualsubsync_1.2.18.0_x86__tprarbn6d3v16
    ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l'errore: Visualsubsync

with my app on Microsoft store, it use directshow.. and a filtergraph based mainly on lav codecs

We have to wait for a fix from MS
    only on pc at work ., no problem at home
    both Windows 10 PRO now with Au 953

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    it use directshow.. and a filtergraph based mainly on lav codecs
    You won't have to wait for a fix from Microsoft if you can make it avoid the Microsoft codecs.
    In code, don't render the outputs of the source filter without first inserting the LAV codecs.
    Alternatively, configure DirectShow codec merits such that Microsoft codecs will never be used and LAV codecs are preferred.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    You won't have to wait for a fix from Microsoft if you can make it avoid the Microsoft codecs.
    In code, don't render the outputs of the source filter without first inserting the LAV codecs.
    Alternatively, configure DirectShow codec merits such that Microsoft codecs will never be used and LAV codecs are preferred.

Yes , it shouldn't but maybe not on all system:(

Anyway

Windows Media Player Exception fails with code: 0xc0000005 file CompPkgSup.DLL

my temporary solution posted in italiansubs forum , waiting for a proper fix from Microsoft

NeedMyTV

March 18, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This worked for me... dont know why but it did.

I changed Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) to Video Mixing Renderer 9 (VMR9)
    upload_2017-3-18_12-27-0.png

spuddy

Portal Member
    November 28, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello,

I'm afraid that i still have this fault even though i read through the two/three threads opened recently with the same problem :(

I was running 1.12 and decided to update it anyway when i first got the error a few days ago. I understand it is to so with not setting the LAV codecs in ALL the tabs of the "Codecs and Renderer" option in the "MediaPortal Configuration" program. I have changed them ALL to LAV in ALL the tabs except for the Audio Renderer ones at the bottom of each tab which don't have it available to select.

I'm wondering if i you have any additional insights as the fresh install of MP and the LAV issue checked has not resolved my problem.

I may uninstall the problematic Windows update if there is nothing else anyone can see i did wrong?

Regards
    Mike

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @NeedMyTV
    This worked for me... dont know why but it did.

I changed Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) to Video Mixing Renderer 9 (VMR9)
    Thanks for the suggestion, but with the greatest respect, I wouldn't recommend VMR9 to anybody unless they were using Windows XP (where EVR is not available). EVR should give better video quality on Windows Vista and newer.

Did you try following the suggestion to ensure all your codec settings are set to values other than "Microsoft DTV-DVD..."?

@spuddy
    Hi Mike

I was running 1.12...
    The problem we're discussing here affects all versions of MediaPortal, not just 1.16 PR. If you were using 1.12 without trouble and only encountered a problem after updating MediaPortal, you've almost certainly got a different problem. In that case it would be more appropriate to start a new thread (discussion) of your own. Don't forget to attach log files.

I'm wondering if i you have any additional insights as the fresh install of MP and the LAV issue checked has not resolved my problem.
    As above: it sounds like you may have a different problem.
    Insights beyond that? Sorry, I haven't got a clue without log files.

shadowfred

Portal Member
    November 11, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi.
    I have the same issue with MP 1.15.0
    Some movies start (the ancient ones but not all).
    here is the log zip file.

PS: I've done ererything you saied before with LAV codecs...

Thanks for your help!

Fred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom