Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks for the MePo 1.2.0 Beta compatible version. Everything seems to be working fine, but I am running across one issue which I'm thinking might be a simple fix.

I installed StreamedMP-1.6.4.2739-Beta and am now noticing that my fanart is not showing up on my BasicHome, but only under my TV Shows (tv-series plugin) menu item. Movies (MovingPictures) fanart was not working as well after the initial install, but after browsing into MovingPictures and going back to my basic home, they all appeared. I tried the same thing for TV Shows, but it is still just showing a black background instead of the fanart.

I wasn't sure if the location for the tv series fanart is in a different location now, but I'm thinking that might be the problem. I upgraded from StreamedMP-1.5.2.2700 to StreamedMP-1.6.4.2739-Beta after upgrading my MePo install from 1.2.0 Alpha to 1.2.0 Beta. If anyone has anything to suggest, please let me know! :) I didnt want to mess around in the StreamedMP editor just yet before maybe someone suggests something to try.

I appreciate your time and your efforts for making this skin compatible with the newest release of MediaPortal!

I am having the same exact problem. Fanart backgrounds do not work for TV-Series, but do for everything else.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with that problem. I've been messing with it for hours :D

Hi,

Just checked this and there is a problem but I suspect FH is the cause as the skin properties look ok - I will investigate further.

thx

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Hi,

The issue with FH and TvSeries - I have looked at this in detail and the results are confusing to say the least.

I had the same issue as was reported using FH v2.2.4.500, checked it by adding debug labels to the basichome.xml, reverted to an earlier test version v2.2.4.207 and all worked ok...problem solved In thought...

Copied back the original version just check and everything still works :confused::confused:

So not really sure what to suggest here.

I have just seen this post in FH forum

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/fanart-handler-535/no-random-backdrops-tv-series-basichome-95947/

This also works fine so try the new dll in the above post and please confirm if the problem is solved.

Thanks

ryan1

Portal Member
April 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

The issue with FH and TvSeries - I have looked at this in detail and the results are confusing to say the least.

I had the same issue as was reported using FH v2.2.4.500, checked it by adding debug labels to the basichome.xml, reverted to an earlier test version v2.2.4.207 and all worked ok...problem solved In thought...

Copied back the original version just check and everything still works :confused::confused:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/fanart-handler-535/no-random-backdrops-tv-series-basichome-95947/

This also works fine so try the new dll in the above post and please confirm if the problem is solved.

Thanks

Replaced the dll with the new one above, but no changes. Still black background for TV-Series fanart.

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
Hi,

Thanks

Replaced the dll with the new one above, but no changes. Still black background for TV-Series fanart.

I also replaced the DLL file and still have black backgrounds for TV-Series fanart. Thanks for the suggestion however! I'll wait to see if there is anything else to try.

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: 1.2.0 Beta Support

hi,

is coverflow allready implementet in the skin? i can't find it :(

thx

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

I also replaced the DLL file and still have black backgrounds for TV-Series fanart. Thanks for the suggestion however! I'll wait to see if there is anything else to try.[/quote]

@Knives03,@ryan1

seems this is not an easy fix - just to check something can you do me a favour - attached is FH v.2.2.4.207 (a pre-release test version) - this is what I went back to and things started to work.

Can you replace your current dll with this version and check if it works, if so then copy back the release version and see if all still works. I think I may just have been lucky as can't see how doing this would fix things but would be good to check.

Please let me know the results (I would like to remove this attachment when testing is complete)

EDIT: I have remove the attachment as the point has been proved, thanks to those who responded. I have let clu8er know of the findings and hopfully he will come up with an offical solution to the issue.

Thanks

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Trevor

I had the same problem.
    Seems your workaround fixed it for me. Weird :)

ryan1

Portal Member
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Knives03,@ryan1

seems this is not an easy fix - just to check something can you do me a favour - attached is FH v.2.2.4.207 (a pre-release test version) - this is what I went back to and things started to work.

Can you replace your current dll with this version and check if it works, if so then copy back the release version and see if all still works. I think I may just have been lucky as can't see how doing this would fix things but would be good to check.

Please let me know the results (I would like to remove this attachment when testing is complete)

Thanks

That worked! The fanart popped up after it finished it's first scrape with that dll. I then reverted to the release version and it's still working.

Thanks

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: 1.2.0 Beta Support

hi,

is coverflow allready implementet in the skin? i can't find it :(

thx

Yes, for all plugins that support it - what plugin are you using?

i use moving pictures. with maya and standard skin it works - i think i must hava a closer look ;-)

thx for your answer

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom