[News] 1.2.0 rc released! (1 Viewer)

henrik4223

Portal Pro
May 7, 2007
Settings and plugins lost after upgrade from 1.2 beta

I am running 1.2 beta with StreamedMP and Moving Pirctures and some other plugins.

However, after upgrading to 1.2 RC all settings (exept TV-channels) and plugins have been lost!

Have I been missing anything in the install procedure (I stopped the TV-service before installing 1.2 RC)?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    EDIT: Having re-read these statements for a 3rd time, I think you are saying that if you are already running beta and have installed the 1.2 beta compatible plugins then they will continue to work, but if you are doing a completely fresh install then it is the mpei files which won't run. Like I say, this could be clearer.
    In general yes. Most plugins from 1.2 are still compatible with RC so if you upgrade everything should be working.

What is definately not working is the MPEI installer. That will show nothing as being as compatible until the plugin devs update the MPEI packages for their plugins

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: Settings and plugins lost after upgrade from 1.2 beta

I am running 1.2 beta with StreamedMP and Moving Pirctures and some other plugins.

However, after upgrading to 1.2 RC all settings (exept TV-channels) and plugins have been lost!

Have I been missing anything in the install procedure (I stopped the TV-service before installing 1.2 RC)?
    I am 99.9999% sure that you did not select "update" but left the (default!) "clean install" option selected.

Your previous MediaPortal userfiles folder and MediaPortal install folder has been backup'ed.
    You can use these backups to restore your plugins, settings, etc. (just copy the files back into the "MediaPortal" folders)

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: 1.2.0 rc released!

1.2.0 beta was already a very smooth experience and a fantastic step forward from earlier releases regarding speed and stability. I'm sitting on nails here at work and can't wait to come home and try the rc out!

Big thanks to the whole Mediaportal Team - you're doing a fantastic job! :)

Same here....time to go home earlier :)

@blubserl: Dit you see the line about small donation? ;)

thanks for the hint...that was long overdue in my case ;)

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Great Work Team Mediaportal!!! :). Looking forward to update and test my server/client and standalone client later today.

AlexT

Portal Member
    May 2, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mp120rcd.gif

I was simply going to sing a round of...Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! and then, have everybody join in so we could do it in the round but decided a little dance was in order.

Downloaded a few minutes ago without a hitch, upgraded over existing 1.20 Beta, restarted my pc (for the heck of it), clicked on that faithful big round button on my MCE remote, and "Hello, MediaPortal!"

• quicker, faster, zippier, snappier - noticeably faster, I tell you!
    • darkening up the default screen backgrounds a bit and knocking the text shadow down did the trick
    • no sync issues between audio and video when using the ffdshow video decoder for TV
    • no picture freezing when skipping forward or back with custom settings
    • I never had any issue with DXVA and MP but good to know that code has been gone over
    It's worth saying again, I..T....I..S....F..A..S..T & smoooth! Can't believe how much so. Screen transitions (page/section, etc.) between different areas or features "just happen" now, click the button and before your thumb is off the button, you're there! lol

I'll be trying it out on Windows 7 32- and 64-bit, as well, but on Windows XP 32-bit, works like it should.

I luv MP so much, this version (1.20 Beta was first MP experience), I can't ever imagine needing anything else but I have to admit, knowing how great MP is with this RC, it only makes me look forward to what Team Media Portal will come up with or do in the future. And a VERY sincere "thank you" to that team.

Cheers, All.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom