1.2.2 TV sound problems (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and Merry Christmas,

Family is watching TV and we just realized that TV PCM stereo sound doesn't play. No mute symbol is visible though. However, pressing M on a keyboard brings up the mute symbol - and sound is back!

I am writing this on my tab, hence no logs, I can add them later if required.

Regards, HTPC-Soucer

P.S.: there is no option "confirm" to chose

UPDATE: Now this is strange. My receiver that showed the TV station from above as PCM stereo switched to Dolby Digital without any interaction and the mute symbol has disappeared...

UPDATE 2: Watching a real PCM Station works alright. The above-mentioned Station seems to switch to PCM here and there, although it's Dolby Digital. So no real problem.

EDIT: (by Owlsroost) - For anyone reading this thread, if you have the problem please try the modified TsReader.ax -> here <-

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: 1.2.2 Mute symbol and function inverted

Merry Xmas HTPC_Sourcer

Never set a thread to bug, only confirm, we can change that once proved, anyway glad you got it sorted.

All the best.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: 1.2.2 Mute symbol and function inverted

Ray,

It's Not my fault. There was no "confirm" to select - See my P.S. above. I've seen other threads were people made similar comments. Can you please check the forum software?

Regarding the bug, it is not solved. I will need to trace it correctly and post an appropriate log. I will do this later today.

Thanks, HTPC_Sourcer

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Ray,Regarding the bug, it is not solved. I will need to trace it correctly and post an appropriate log. I will do this later today.
    OK, here is the bug. I describe it based on my channel setup

• Start TV
    • Go to VOX (channel 9)
    • Press "5" on remote to go to SAT 1
      • No sound
      • receiver shows "PCM 48 kHz"
    • Press "Channel -" on remote
    • Press "Channel +" on remote
      • We are back to SAT 1
      • Receiver displays "Dolby Digital"
      • Sound is OK
    Something is weird.

Edit: Same behavior when using mini-EPG instead of pressing the channel numbers.

...and there is still no "confirm" option that I could select :confused:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Changed thread to confirm, sorry no idea about the audio problem, someone has reported a issue with latest ATI audio driver if that helps.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Hm, I have a NVIDIA card. Also the problem appeared upon updating to 1.2.2. There seems to be a difference between changing channels using channel up/down compared to addressing them directly through numbers and EPG.

We'll see if any of the pros can comment on it.

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I can confirm this, no sound on MTV Live HD (asta 19.2).
    This was working correctly with mp 1.2.1 (prefer AC3 disabled).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Hi HTPC_Sourcer

The only bug that I can spot that was fixed in MP 1.2.2 that might have an effect is this one:

0003737: Video frame size change on TV channel change fails with some decode filters - MediaPortal Bugtracker

• Start TV
    • Go to VOX (channel 9)
    • Press "5" on remote to go to SAT 1
      • No sound
      • receiver shows "PCM 48 kHz"
    • Press "Channel -" on remote
    • Press "Channel +" on remote
      • We are back to SAT 1
      • Receiver displays "Dolby Digital"
      • Sound is OK

So did you have sound on RTL (when you pressed '-')?

In all cases you should be getting DD/AC3 audio. For that reason I'm interested to know why you're using the Microsoft DTV-DVD audio codec. In theory that codec does not support Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital plus except in WMC. Maybe that means it doesn't decode the audio and just passes the stream to SPDIF...

mm

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Hello mm,
    The only bug that I can spot that was fixed in MP 1.2.2 that might have an effect is this one:
    0003737: Video frame size change on TV channel change fails with some decode filters - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    Was it maybe fixed too well? ;) Is there an easy way such exchanging a dll to nail this down?
    So did you have sound on RTL (when you pressed '-')?
    Yes. Channel changes with +/- work in the way they should, only EPG and number switches trigger the reported phenomenon.

In all cases you should be getting DD/AC3 audio. For that reason I'm interested to know why you're using the Microsoft DTV-DVD audio codec.
    There is no particular reason. When I switched to Win 7 half a year ago, the codecs worked and I didn't bother to change. Sound is correctly decoded by my receiver anyway.

Maybe that means it doesn't decode the audio and just passes the stream to SPDIF...
    Well, it worked for 1.2.1, didn't it. But I can certainly test other codes if you wish, just tell me what to do. I saw that 1.2.2 contains LAV now and gave it a try. Unfortunately it gave me no picture for HD TV stations so I changed it back to Microsoft.

In any case I will be gone for two days now, hence no testing result before Wednesday.

Best regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

mister1228

December 26, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I upgraded yesterday to 1.2.2 from 1.2.1 and now have no sound from MP. Music/sound from Windows works. Tried a couple different codecs. Logs attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom