1.2.2 TV sound problems (1 Viewer)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1.2.1 TsReader solved it here as well. Did only test with LAV Audio.

PS.
    HTPC_Sourcer, you need to configure LAV Audio to bit stream DD to the receiver (Start->All Programs->LAV Filters->LAV Audio Configuration).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

@HTPC_Sourcer, you need to configure LAV Audio to bit stream DD to the receiver (Start->All Programs->LAV Filters->LAV Audio Configuration).
    Ah, I had been looking for a setup within MP, just like for PDVD for example. Didnt think it would come with its own start menu entries.

Thanks!

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK folks,

Can you try the attached TsReader.ax version please ?

(Just close MP, unzip the file and copy the new TsReader.ax into the MP program folder e.g. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal)

Tony

Attachments

• TsReader_MP122_graphRebuildFix_1.zip
      157.2 KB

tomoqv

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am not getting any audio at all since upgrading to MP 1.2.2, not even playing a CD. While I was at it, I also upgraded the Online Videos and Moving Pictures plugins. It doesn't matter which audio codec or audio renderer I try, still no audio. I also tried the TsReader.ax posted in this thread, but no luck. I get sound when playing a CD in Windows Media Player, but nothing in MP. Logs attached.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Hello!
    Can you try "Default DirectSound Device" as Audio Renderer in MP Codec settings?

mister1228

December 26, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My issue is resolved. It was in fact a Windows7 audio issue. For some reason the audio was muted for MediaPortal after/during the upgrade. Thanks.

tomoqv

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Hello!
    Can you try "Default DirectSound Device" as Audio Renderer in MP Codec settings?

Still no audio after setting renderer to Default DirectSound Device, which was what I had before and right after the upgrade. I did an upgrade of the existing 1.2.1 installation, which worked just fine, and didn't change any of the settings, so it seems this issue is somehow related to 1.2.2. New log files attached.

tomoqv

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My issue is resolved. It was in fact a Windows7 audio issue. For some reason the audio was muted for MediaPortal after/during the upgrade. Thanks.

Interesting. Where did you find that setting?

OK, issue resolved for me as well. Sound in MP muted for some reason. Keyboard shortcut "M" and the sound is back!

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Hello everybody.

I have exactly the same problem:
    1. Turn on TV and start Timeshifting with a DolbyDigital Channel (Ac3) (Everything is working fine)
    2. Switch to a Channel with Stereo sound (Everything is working fine)
    3. Switch back to a Channel with DolbyDigital (no sound is hearable) (On the decoder it is still a Stereo Signal displayed)
    4. Switch to another Channel with DD (or change back soundtrack (?) to Stereo and than again to DD) (Everything is fine again)

I just tried the mentioned TSreader.ax from 1.2.1 - Problem is gone.

It doesn't matter which Codec i Choose (Microsoft, MPC, LAV) - the behaviour is always the same.

I didn't attach logs because there are already some available - if you need more just say a word and I create them.

Yes - logs please :)

Tony

Hey sorry for my late reply.
    Attached are 2 Logs - One time with the 1.2.2 TSreader and one with the fixed 1.2.2 reader which you posted above. With the fixed version the error is gone :)
    Channel Change was in both logs like this:
    Pro7 (sound) => Kabel 1 (sound) => Sat 1 (no sound with 1.2.2. - sound with fixed) => Pro 7 (sound)

Thanks for your fast help :)

Attachments

• TSReader1.2.1.zip
      26.2 KB
    • TSReader1.2.2fixd.zip
      26.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom