1.2.2 TV sound problems (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

It's not actually supposed to decode AC3 for non-Microsoft applications (see Microsoft MPEG-1/DD/AAC Audio Decoder ), so try using FFDShow or LAV Audio decoders instead.
    Hhm, my setup is very similar to JBravo's and I have no issues using MS-DTV.

@JBravo: did you try Owlsroost's updated tsreader version that he posted based in my initial bug description?

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did use the TsReader.ax previously posted by Owlsroost in this thread. However this TsReader suffer from another bug, referred to as the 'infinite loop' problem.

I then tried the stopMod41 TsReader.ax, this TsReader should solve both problems. However, with this TsReader I lost audio (once) on a channel change.

So MS-DTV works (almost) perfectly here as well.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So MS-DTV works (almost) perfectly here as well.

I think that's the problem with MS DTV audio - it's not 100% reliable with AC3 bitstreaming and TsReader.ax, but I suspect no-one really knows why.

Given that there are several good alternative decoders, I'm not sure if anyone would want to spend the time investigating it - I can't even try it because I don't have any TV channels with AC3 audio....

Tony

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, just let me know if any other info is of interest. I'll try LAV Audio, have'em installed anyway.

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

I also encountered this problem with 1.2.2. The tsreader linked in the first post fixed it for me

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Have been running with LAV Audio codec and NoStopMod41 TsReader.ax for more than a week now and this setup has been rock stable!

However, when swithing channels I slipped on the remote (think I hit Ch+ or Ch-, instead of Volume up) and the screen went black, switched back to SVT1 still black and no audio, switched channels back and forth and there was like 30s hanging and then everything eventually recovered.

The drama took place about 20:08-20:10, when the wife was !patiently waiting for the her program to start...

Cheers.

GhoSe

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also had the issue that sometimes on channel change the sound got lost. Tried the StopMod45, StopMode41 which didn't work very well for me. Slow channel changes and sound holes / stuttering the first seconds after a channel change. However the one from TsReader_MP122_graphRebuildFix_1.zip seems to work quite perfect in my setup: Multi-Seat without RSTP (tried both ffdshow and LAV)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom